Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

FFT Zealots Dynasty start-up draft

Went to check out the league today and got this message:

Danger: Malware Ahead!

Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www10.myfantasyleague.com.

Content from blog.debate.org, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

This is the 2nd time Chrome has returned these results for me. WTF?

Doing the same thing for me..using Chrome.

It happened earlier in the year as well.

I've just been ignoring it....

Another reason to move to CBS?

Working for me on explorer?

1.) I am not a computer expert

2.) I have no experience with this issue

What I did.

Copy and paste the message you wrote into the google search line.

It brought up a number of google chrome help boards at the top of the search lines.

I clicked on 2 of the lines and both took me to questions similar to yours and a number of answers from computer geeks.

My diagnosis based on the comments I read (very quickly, less than 2 minutes worth because I am working right now)

Somebody has downloaded a pic for their team logo from a site that google chrome has identified as a site where bad things are done causing some type of automatic alarm to sound the message

My impression is that there is 0% chance of you having any problems transferred to your computer from this but please see #1 and #2 again

Season in review:

When does finishing 6-2 not get you into the playoffs? When you start out 0-5

Had a slow start to the season, but it picked up when Doug Martin started rolling.

Trades:

made some trades during the draft to get 5 extra picks next year. 3 firsts, 4 seconds, 2 thirds, and a fourth

during the season:

DHB and Turbin, received Wes Welker

Cutler Hernandez, received Freeman and Alfred Morris

Murray and Vincent Brown,received Moore and Hillman

overall. happy with the trades. Welkers uncertainty stinks a little. but I didnt see losing DHB and Turbin as a big loss. was hoping to make a playoff push. didnt happen Hernandez, murray, and Brown are injuries I ridded of my team. Morris was a stud, and Hillman has potential.

I believe in playing with a loaded lineup, and hoping to avoid injuries. traded depth during the draft for picks next year. How did that work?

1. Lost Benson and Beanie early in the season to injuries. leading to an 0-5 start. Making me need to trade for Morris. that worked. Injuries to Murray in the middle of the season took its toll.

2. 2nd highest efficiency rating in the league at 92%, and second lowest points left on the bench.

Starting lineup of

Freeman

Martin

Morris

Calvin

Welker

Colston

Tamme

with main bench players:

TY Hilton

Deniarius Moore

Taxi Squad of

Lamar Miller

Lamichael James

Ronnie Hillman

and 10 picks in 4 rounds in the rookie draft. I have no aging stars that need replaced, and most of my talent is young enough that potential could go thru the roof.

Overall Grade: C-

would be higher if I made the playoffs. but I stuck to my strategy and it provided a 6-7 record. Looking to make big strides next year.

that being said, I am in need of a QB if someone would like to make some trades.

save everyone some time, Calvin isnt going anywhere.

that being said, I am in need of a QB if someone would like to make some trades.

save everyone some time, Calvin isnt going anywhere.

Eli or Locker could be had! hit me up!

MFL has grown on me since I posted my negative opinion of its UI. Clunky is an apt description. Once you figure out where everything is the site gets better. I'll stick with my stated vote:

If the majority votes to move or stay I'm fine with either eventuality with two caveats:

1. The commish has the most work so we should be where its easiest for him.

And

2. MFL HAS to fix the malware issue on its site. I access our league from computers that cannot be compromised. Haven't signed in for weeks because of this. I don't care if its someone's avatar or what - fix it!

MFL has grown on me since I posted my negative opinion of its UI. Clunky is an apt description. Once you figure out where everything is the site gets better. I'll stick with my stated vote:

If the majority votes to move or stay I'm fine with either eventuality with two caveats:

And

2. MFL HAS to fix the malware issue on its site. I access our league from computers that cannot be compromised. Haven't signed in for weeks because of this. I don't care if its someone's avatar or what - fix it!

I concur. MFL has grown on me too and I'm fine staying there or moving if it's easier for the commish.

And

I haven't been able to access the site through Google Chrome for awhile due to the malware - but I just open Internet Explorer and I can access it right away. Nor super convenient, but not bad.

Can someone help me understand something: Why does EVERY team have more points for than against? And by a large margin?

Did for stats keep tracking for all teams weeks 14-17 but didn't count against stats for non playoff teams or something? That's the only thing I can think of.

I am perplexed. :dunno:

the 420allstars put in the logo from the malware site. he or commish should remove it.

it's clunky because a clunky template was chosen and there's no customization. MFL released better templates in 2012 and the commish could change it to something a little more aesthetically pleasing.

if weeks 14-17 were added into the scoring (I'm not sure), there's a box that could have been checked to not add postseason to the points records/standings.

HTH

I prefer the MFL site over CBS but would be fine with either.

Season Recap....

My TE/QB drafting worked well until Gronk got hurt.

Final roster:

QB Brady, Dalton

RBs Gore, Bush, Greene, Bernar Pierce, Mcgahee

WRs Marshall, Decker, Lance Moore, Jon Baldwin, Santana Moss, Marvin Jones, Jarius Wright (min), Malcolm Floyd

TEs Gronk, Gates, Mercedes Lewis, Lance Kendricks

K Blair Walsh

D/ST Panthers, Rams

Trades made during season

Traded

Greene

Got

Lance Moore,2013 3rd round pick and $15 blind bucks

Traded

Donald Brown, Vincent Brown and Robert Housler

Got

Greene (back), Gates, Malcolm Floyd

All in all I feel I have a good team..Looking to improve at RB #2 or WR#3.

I feel Reggie Bush should get another decent job, Shon Greene will be a backup somewhere ans I think McGahee has a chance at a comeback.

the 420allstars put in the logo from the malware site. he or commish should remove it.

it's clunky because a clunky template was chosen and there's no customization. MFL released better templates in 2012 and the commish could change it to something a little more aesthetically pleasing.

if weeks 14-17 were added into the scoring (I'm not sure), there's a box that could have been checked to not add postseason to the points records/standings.

HTH

MFL's clunky interface has little to do with aesthetics.

MFL has grown on me, mostly because i'm involved in some leagues that need special customization... but every MFL league I am in (4 total) is very clunky in terms of navigation. regardless of the template chosen. And the system for waivers, drops, adds and trading is very antiquated. As are the pages for sorting players by stats and seeing available free agents. The player sorting is very clunky.

the system for waivers, drops, adds and trading is very antiquated. As are the pages for sorting players by stats and seeing available free agents. The player sorting is very clunky.

I agree. You CAN find the info you're after but it's such an odd click here, drop down menu to there, phone a friend in alaska type of process!

how did you confirm that its my Logo that is Malware?

I have no problem changing it, let me know if it works for you guys now?

MFL customer support said so.

Racial profiling

So my 2 min. diagnosis from above for Mullmaniacs was correct? Maybe a second income stream for me? Computer geek imposter!

Tell the truth now, was the logo some type of trojan horse 420? I remember you pushing it during the draft to whoever drafted Cruz if he didn't make it to you.

In any case, I assume the price of Cruz comes down a bit now that the team logo has changed? I'll send out a "logo not included" offer in the next couple of days just in case.

Voice of Truth team year in review.

Regular season record 10-3 (tied with Matt’s Eagles for best record)

Won division and seed #1 ($$$ accompany that so yeah!!!!)

Lost in championship game to Ralphster, doh! ($$$ accompany 2nd place overall so yeah!!)

Congrats Ralpster! I am gunning for you next year and beyond. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown!!

V.O.T. finished with the top all-play record (which removes the schedule factor) so I guess it accomplished everything I would want to in the regular season. Additionally, the team appears to be well positioned going forward which was one of the true focuses of my startup draft for this dynasty league.

Roster strategy: I actually still don’t want to “give away” too much of MY vision of what a solid squad from year-year looks like but I CHANGED my planned draft tactics around rd 7 because it appeared to me young talent without opportunity was being badly undervalued by the ultra-competitive focus on winning NOW of the overall league including me up until that point. In the 7th round I traded a 2013 1st and 2nd pick and took A. Luck, then in successive picks took D. Wilson, R. Hillman, R. Cobb, and K. Wright. It hurt a lot at the time because everybody else was taking starters and solid bye week/depth guys at that point. I think I can say that whether you appreciate the results or not, anyone with a startup draft should go back and look at eveyones post draft comments. You should also consider whether the route I ended up taking could be a solid tactic for you depending on how trends emerge during the first part of your draft. It’s possible that I was “lucky” with the choice of players and situations just panned out earlier than expected, but I would definitely consider using the same tactic in another startup if the opportunity presented itself.

Trades: I made too many this year to comment on individually in this post, probably the most in the league. I don’t think they were a significant contribution to my standing this year however, except the pre draft trades. The trades I made all seemed even to me at the time except draft slot trades where I was definitely getting the short end on slot value. These might be the only trades I really "won" on in retrospect so I am happy I bit the bullet and made those deals to get “my guy” in those instances. I think it contributed to the good performance this year and it also helps my confidence level on this squad going forward.

The roster was rightly and roundly criticized post draft for a lack of depth and no clear TE in a TE premium league but it didn’t turn out to be an issue. There is always a random factor involved in injuries, but the overall age of the roster and injury history of the individuals, made the small missed games total a reasonable outcome and I don‘t consider it a lucky outcome. I did not go into the draft intending to take H. Miller as my TE 1 but I was not surprised at all by his performance and was targeting him in the area I took him as a flex-worthy back-up in this format or tradeable depth.

FA aquisitions: I made a couple of decent ones in Hartline and Ballard. Both provided nice depth for the year and I think in the future as well. No home runs here but I didn't fall far behind others either.

Lineup choices: Started out the year a bit shaky but by the end it was awfully easy and closed by winning 9 straight so who could complain.

Going into next year I feel good about this squad. The current core is Andrew Luck, Foster, AP, Dez, and Cobb, all of whom were taken in the first 2 rounds of a recent startup mock I saw and D. Murray who also went at 3.01. After trading away my first and second this year to aquire Luck during the draft, after the season, I aquired pick 1.02 in this years draft and I also have 3 #1s and 2 #2s in 2014. With my current RBs this team’s window is right now but the medium-term future appears bright as well.

'V.O.T. finished with the top all-play record (which removes the schedule factor) so I guess it accomplished everything I would want to in the regular season. Additionally, the team appears to be well positioned going forward which was one of the true focuses of my startup draft for this dynasty league.'

Where can I find these stats?

Also I heard someone else mention some confidence score or something that I think measured if you were successful in starting the right players or left them on the bench.

'V.O.T. finished with the top all-play record (which removes the schedule factor) so I guess it accomplished everything I would want to in the regular season. Additionally, the team appears to be well positioned going forward which was one of the true focuses of my startup draft for this dynasty league.'

Where can I find these stats?

Also I heard someone else mention some confidence score or something that I think measured if you were successful in starting the right players or left them on the bench.

Click on "Power Rank Matt". Some things are useful there and some are of the debatable nature. I do not believe in efficiency or bench points as usable measures at all in a dynasty format because the ideal roster makeup is a mixture of players who have production right and some with none right now but big potential in the future. Others might have a different opinion.

Thanks!

This confirms what I suspected during the season...that I left 5 wins on my bench. :bench:

For weeks I picked the wrong defense only to have the other blow up. :wall:

P.S. I was the only team higher than yours for Potential Points. I'm gunning for you next year. :pointstosky:

Thanks!

This confirms what I suspected during the season...that I left 5 wins on my bench. :bench:

For weeks I picked the wrong defense only to have the other blow up. :wall:

P.S. I was the only team higher than yours for Potential Points. I'm gunning for you next year. :pointstosky:

You are definitely capable of making the push and I believe your "window" is also right now FWIW.