Sign in to follow this  
Chronic Husker

Roberts cast the deciding vote.

Must have focked the main stream media a little when they had to suddenly stop talking about judicial activism.

Quick back to the election and racism.

A great day for America.

Good job on nominating a strict constitutionalist, Bush.

:)

Bush is a liberal and he elected a liberal judge.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Alito ain't liberal. Not by a mile.

I never understood how they can classify one of the judges as the deciding/swing vote. Why not any of the other judges that voted in favor of it? Did Roberts wait till everyone else voted, then dramatically slammed his card on the table.."BLAM B1TCHES!!"

I never understood how they can classify one of the judges as the deciding/swing vote. Why not any of the other judges that voted in favor of it? Did Roberts wait till everyone else voted, then dramatically slammed his card on the table.."BLAM B1TCHES!!"

:lol: great visual. I hope that's what happened.

Obviously even the SC tends to vote along party lines. It's why I tend to not respect the court like I should. Going into most cases, we know in advance how most will vote and we tend to know who the 1-2 justices are that are capable of not sticking with their party. Those being the swing voters.

It's gay.

Roberts not legislating from the bench.

John Bader Roberts re-wrote the law. He based his vote on something not found anywhere in the law, and something the Obama crew argued was not in the law.

If that isn't legislating from the bench, what is?

You should read Scalia's opinion.

John Bader Roberts re-wrote the law. He based his vote on something not found anywhere in the law, and something the Obama crew argued was not in the law.

If that isn't legislating from the bench, what is?

You should read Scalia's opinion.

I think it's kind of awesome that you enthusiastically supported the president who nominated the SC justice who rooned your month. :overhead:

I think it's kind of awesome that you enthusiastically supported the president who nominated the SC justice who rooned your month. :overhead:

My month is going just fine. Your hero can no longer lie about not raising taxes on every American.

Sweet!:pointstosky:

:lol: oh come on now RP, this is funny. I'm against Obamacare as well, but have a sense of humor a little and try to not have a complete meltdown

:lol: oh come on now RP, this is funny. I'm against Obamacare as well, but have a sense of humor a little and try to not have a complete meltdown

Always knew it was a coin flip. Although I figured it would be overturned, the fact the court labeled Obama as the biggest taxer in history is one helluva consolation prize. Almost a wash, especially if it motivates enough people to push Romney over the top. :thumbsup:

especially if it motivates enough people to push Romney over the top. :thumbsup:

It's really amazing to me that otherwise intelligent people are falling for Mittens' load of sh!t.

Go back and listen to all the audio and watch all the video of Romney outright PRAISING the individual mandate (without a SINGLE caveat ANYWHERE about it "only being good for the states"). I know you guys really want to believe in this joke of a candidate because you're stuck with him and, hey, I can sympathize as a John Kerry 04 voter, but come the fock on dude.

Mittens calls the individual mandate "ultimate conservatism":

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/romney-in-2007-the-indvididual-mandate-is-ultima

And this isn't ancient history, either. This was in 2007.

Romney :lol:

Always knew it was a coin flip. Although I figured it would be overturned, the fact the court labeled Obama as the biggest taxer in history is one helluva consolation prize. Almost a wash, especially if it motivates enough people to push Romney over the top. :thumbsup:

Where did they do that again?

FULL TILT!!!! :shocking:

I think everyone can breathe a sign of relief that with ObamaCare, RP will be able to seek and get the mental healthcare he so obviously needs.

Where did they do that again?

"the court" = Fox News. I'm sure that was a typo.

Should be interesting to see. Romney was definitely given some ammo. I read a good article that Pointed out how Romney should stress to the American people that while America was in an economic crisis, Obama's priority was passing a giant tax increase on the middle class.

:lol: You make Romney look like a rock of consistency.

Should be interesting to see. Romney was definitely given some ammo. I read a good article that Pointed out how Romney should stress to the American people that while America was in an economic crisis, Obama's priority was passing a giant tax increase on the middle class.

I will freely admit that the ruling probably did not help Obama wrt the election. There is a nonzero % of people out there who know Mittens is full of sh1t but who dislike the individual mandate even more than they dislike Mittens. There's a chance those people might vote when they would have stayed home had the law been struck down. We will see I guess.

I will freely admit that the ruling probably did not help Obama wrt the election. There is a nonzero % of people out there who know Mittens is full of sh1t but who dislike the individual mandate even more than they dislike Mittens. There's a chance those people might vote when they would have stayed home had the law been struck down. We will see I guess.

Oh I agree that Romney is full of sh!t. I have no idea what he actually stands for but I think he's a very moderate Repub who has to pander the the whackos in the party to secure the nomination. if elected, that should give Dems some comfort...

Oh I agree that Romney is full of sh!t. I have no idea what he actually stands for but I think he's a very moderate Repub who has to pander the the whackos in the party to secure the nomination. if elected, that should give Dems some comfort...

I actually registered GOP specifically to vote for Romney in the primary. I kind of liked him initially but realized over the course of the primary that he's not really a moderate. He's a complete empty suit who says or does whatever he thinks voters want to hear. Romney is a "moderate" because he was governor of MA. If he ran in Utah he'd have been the most conservative politician in the nation.

I get your argument above about how he's just pandering. My fear with Romney is that he'll be beholden to the same coalition of evangelicals, neocons and corporate raiders as the last guy. His platform is utterly identical to Bush.

At any rate I think he'll get destroyed in November.

I would have rather it go down, but if a 5-4 vote killed it Obama and is minions would run from now until Nov on an activist, conservative court taking away the poor's free healthcare. I'm sure racism woulda figured into that somehow.

Now, that's been taken away from Obama and he will have to run on the following things:

1. His record. We know that isn't happening. He won't run on ObamaTaxCare, even now, because the vast majority of America still opposes it.

2. Racism

3. "Bush is bad".

Not much meat on them there bones. :doublethumbsup:

In 2011, he brought you:

It was just a matter of time until this turd was ruled unconstitutional. I hope it gets fast tracked to the Supreme Court so it can be put out of our misery.

In 2012, he brought you:

Always knew it was a coin flip.

What will this non-credible bag of d1cks bring us in 2013?

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNNNN

:unsure:

In 2011, he brought you:

In 2012, he brought you:

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNNNN

::SPIKE:: :overhead:

In 2011, he brought you:

In 2012, he brought you:

DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNNNN

I believed it was unconstitutional then, and believe it is unconstitutional now. I was confident it would be overturned, but there is never a sure thing with the Supreme Court.

Nobody predicted John Bader Roberts would take the role of legislator and rewrite the bill so he could vote in favor of it. Nobody.

Without that the entire bill would have been thrown out.

What did I say in 2010? :overhead:

I believed it was unconstitutional then, and believe it is unconstitutional now.

It isn't unconstitutional. By definition, it is constitutional.

I believed it was unconstitutional then, and believe it is unconstitutional now. I was confident it would be overturned, but there is never a sure thing with the Supreme Court.

Nobody predicted John Bader Roberts would take the role of legislator and rewrite the bill so he could vote in favor of it. Nobody.

Without that the entire bill would have been thrown out.

What did I say in 2010? :overhead:

First he sidesteps the fact that he was dead wrong, then accuses a justice who was nominated by a president he enthusiastically supported of judicial activism, and finally closes by implying that you have nothing better to do than root through his old posts ... as if the countless hours he spends whining here are a better investment in time.

You almost have to tip your hat to the guy.

First he sidesteps the fact that he was dead wrong, then accuses a justice who was nominated by a president he enthusiastically supported of judicial activism,

Yep. In that thread I made the wrong prediction.....along with the majority in the poll. 22 other posters predicted the same thing. Am I suppose to be devastated by that, Sparky? :lol:

And yes, I agree with Scalia on what Roberts did. Justices have no power to rewrite legislation.

I actually think the Mittster should talk about healthcare as little as possible, because it is a loser for him. And the Marco Rubio's of the world should STFU up about it as well. He made an ass of himself on CNN yesterday.

First of all, the individual mandate was a Republican idea, and the GOP supported it for many years.

Romney loved the individual mandate until the teabag party wingnuts made him stop. He implemented it in MA, and his plan is the model for the Affordable Care Act. Obummer will eat his lunch over this in debates. It's the central pillar in the Romney-as flip flopping phony argument.

Arguing that the individual mandate is ok at the state level, but not federally is not coherent and won't work in debates or with voters.

Suddenly calling it a tax, and claiming that Obama has created a tax increase is absurd. It was the Supreme Court which labeled it a tax. Regardless, whether it's a "penalty" or a "tax" is semantics and most people realize this. Furthermore, the Act was passed by Congress, so if anyone created anything, they did.

Yep. In that thread I made the wrong prediction.....

Just like when you predicted Sharon Angle would beat Harry Reid.

Maybe it's time to admit you're a focking idiot who knows nothing? :overhead:

Yep. The bill Roberts rewrote is Constitutional.

How did Roberts rewrite the bill?