Sign in to follow this  
psunate77

Ipad

Best way to get the draft buddy to work on the ipad or is it compatible with the Ipad.. I would rather take it to my draft instead of a bulky laptop..

Thanks

Here is what I sent someone with this exact question just the other day:

I did come across something yesterday that looks promising, but it hasn't worked so far on my Internet connection (which is apparently low quality). Maybe you'll have better luck. Check out OnLive Desktop. There is a free app, and you sign up for an account on your PC (or Mac?) to upload files. Then you should be able to access the uploaded file on your iPad. Let me know how it works out for you. I'd be very interested to get your feedback.

Sorry, to answer your question, Draft Buddy does not work on an iPad as-is, because Excel does not work on an iPad. So we're looking at alternate solutions as above.

Hi Mike,

I am trying to find a work around for using my iPad also. I have something that looks promising but have not had a chance to test it very much yet. Anyway, you might want to take a look and see if it works. I am using dropbox on my PC and iPad, then putting the draft buddy file into dropbox. On the iPad I am using Cloudon and it allows me to pull up the buddy file in excel and make changes. Only problem is using the drop down arrows is a little tough with a finger. I am going to try out a stylus and see if I can get some better control, if so this might work.

Mac

Thanks Mac. Great feedback there. I'll try to give that a go too.

I took my modem back to my internet provider today and got an upgrade - just a newer modem/router, didn't increase the service. Anyway, tonight with the new modem I managed to use Draft Buddy on my iPad! Drafted a dozen or so players. Switched between tabs with no problems. Doesn't play the sounds because it can't find the files (I didn't upload them... maybe it could work).

Going to do more testing tomorrow. If you want to try it yourself, check out http://desktop.onlive.com. This is very exciting! :pointstosky:

I took my modem back to my internet provider today and got an upgrade - just a newer modem/router, didn't increase the service. Anyway, tonight with the new modem I managed to use Draft Buddy on my iPad! Drafted a dozen or so players. Switched between tabs with no problems. Doesn't play the sounds because it can't find the files (I didn't upload them... maybe it could work).

Going to do more testing tomorrow. If you want to try it yourself, check out http://desktop.onlive.com. This is very exciting! :pointstosky:

I get this everytime I try to login

An error occurred while trying to login.

OK, I got it to sign on from my PC, but now when I go to upload files it will scan them and say invalid undefined, even though they are 30KB and boot me off, where I will have to wait or sign in 3 times to get back on.

App seems cool, but its very buggy. Don't know if I would trust it on draft day. Maybe kinks will be worked out by them.

Played with cloudon too and it ran smooth outside the ipad touch screen issues.

So is this like a VPN or Go to my pc thing where you are accessing your home pc?

I'm going to start a new post with instructions about what I've done and what I've experienced using OnLive Desktop.

I have gotten CloudOn working now also. What I am doing is using a stylus which helps with the precision needed to hit the drop down arrows. I also am using a little bluetooth keyboard (I had for when I need to do actual work on the iPad), this eliminates the annoying onscreen keyboard that always pops up in CouldOn allowing for full screen viewing. I then rearranged the Buddy tabs so all the tabs I use the most during a draft are next to each other, for easier/quicker switching around the screens. It has worked well with my home and work WiFi. I am going to test it with my hotspot as I will probably be at a remote location for my auction draft. Hopefully all will be good with the weaker internet connection.

Mac

Sounds great Mac. Nice job! Never thought about the keyboard thing. That could become a bit annoying, especially for an auction draft where you have to input the numbers, can't simply select and click like for a draft pick style league.

I'm going to start a new post with instructions about what I've done and what I've experienced using OnLive Desktop.

FYI, I pinned the post with what I'm doing using OnLive, here:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=402964