Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Recommend a movie available on NETFLIX instant.

I have been out of the loop for years on movies. I only go to the movies a few times a year and haven't had a movie channel on cable in over a decade.

So, I am trying Netflix free trail for a month. Loving it so far.

Recommend a movie or show available on Netflix instant.

I like thrillers, dramas, horror, sci-fy, action, adventure, etc...

Seems like most of what I look up on there is only available through DVDs in the mail.

So help a brother out, I will prolly only have this for a couple more weeks when my free trial runs out.

I love the twisted dark movies, NOTHING is off limits. However, I am looking for anything that is like a must see from the last couple of decades and beyond that I might have missed.

Also, any good documentaries. I am really looking for a good Nazi concentration camp documentary.

Just don't let your kid catch you jerking off.

:lol: :lol:

A couple little known movies that I enjoyed: Ink and The Shrine.

Super-twisted movie you might like: The Killer Inside Me. Also: Black Death

Other good choices (if you haven't seen them already):

The Game

Reservoir Dogs

Donnie Darko

12 Monkeys

All Good Things

Memento

Natural Born Killers

Hot Tub Time Machine

Being John Malkovich

Dead Man

There are more

Just in case you haven't seen them, a couple of iconic movies...

Fight Club

American Psycho

The Prestige

Borat

The Human Cenitpede

I'm not sure it's available instant but you might like Men Behind the Sun, a brutal film about Japanese atrocities during WWII. Philosophy of a Knife is about the same thing and it's available on Netflix Streaming.

I'm not sure it's available instant but you might like Men Behind the Sun, a brutal film about Japanese atrocities during WWII. Philosophy of a Knife is about the same thing and it's available on Netflix Streaming.

I read that one, good read! I am always struck by how well the Japanese play victim and ignore their horrific behavior.

I read that one, good read! I am always struck by how well the Japanese play victim and ignore their horrific behavior.

I didn't know it was a book. The movie is all kinds of focked up. Gocolts better pick up some astroglide and Kleenex first.

I didn't know it was a book. The movie is all kinds of focked up. Gocolts better pick up some astroglide and Kleenex first.

The Japanese certainly love to claim victim in the war, and how terrible it was that so many of their people perished due to those two bombs. Yet conveniently overlook the torture and murder of at least 3 million people, and perhaps more than 6, some even suggest 10 million in total....but the poor Japanese are......victims, of us terrible Americans, they they attacked, without warning....

Also, any good documentaries. I am really looking for a good Nazi concentration camp documentary.

I am a WW2 documentary nut and have seen everything on Netflix on the subject.

I just watched a good documentary on this spanish spy who worked for the allies called "Garbo: The Spy". It was pretty fascinating. This guy was one of the main reasons teh Germans were slow to react to the Normandy invasion. He had the Germans convinced that this was a diversionary invasion and that the main invasion was going to take place at Calais. And after the allies never invaded Calais he told the Germans that the diversionary attack was so successfiul that they called the invasion of Calais off. And the Germans continued to believe him.

Another good documentary I saw recently was "Tha Man Nobody Knew: In search of My Father CIA Spymaster William Colby" Its about William Colby. He comes across as a pretty standup guy who at the end, was raked over the coals by politicians looking to make a name for themselves.

As for the Holocaust, I recently watched "Aushwitz: Inside the Nazi state" I think this was a British documentary. It does some reanactments and it was very very good. They got a lot of information from diaries that some of the Germans kept and it goes into a lot of details about how the Nazi's came up with their killing techniques. They tried burning the bodies at one point in these mass bonfires, then they developed the underground killing techniques and the ovens. They talk about how they would get the Jews to do most of the killing themselves because the German soldiers would get all depressed by killing all these people. I have seen a lot of Holocaust documentaries and was surprised to actually learn new stuff from this one. It went into a lot of the logistics of the killings.

Some other Holocauset documentaries:

"Forgiving Dr. Mengele" was about a holocaust survivor woman who had a lot of experiments done on her. They did a lot of experiments on twins and she was a twin.

"Steal a pencil for me" is about a couple who met at a camp and survived the holocaust

A good movie about a real norweigan ww2 resistance fighter is "Max Manus"

Immortals

Rising Son : The story of Christian Hosoi

Boondock Saints.

For a concentration camp movie, try "Escape from Sobibor" - the story of the only successful escape from a concentration camp.

They just added Rounders to netflix instant. I'm sure you've seen it before, tho

I can't find anything on Netflix. Netflix sux. All the movies are on Amazon Prime. I still have NF because I am lazy.

I've looked at Amazon Prime and it seems like pretty much the same thing as Netflix. :dunno:

I've looked at Amazon Prime and it seems like pretty much the same thing as Netflix. :dunno:

Practically every time I look for a movie on NF it is not available on Instant but is on Prime. At least the last 5 times. :dunno:

Also I read an article saying most of the movies studios are leaning towards selling the rights to Prime over NF.

Practically every time I look for a movie on NF it is not available on Instant but is on Prime. At least the last 5 times. :dunno:

Also I read an article saying most of the movies studios are leaning towards selling the rights to Prime over NF.

Interesting. Perhaps I'll take another look at Amazon. I could see them squeezing out Netflix since they aren't wholly dependent on the movie-streaming biz.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: THanks for all the suggestions. Already watched a couple. Many are not available on Netflix instant. Most of the movies listed, I have not seen.

I can't find anything on Netflix. Netflix sux. All the movies are on Amazon Prime. I still have NF because I am lazy.

How much is Amazon per month?

A couple little known movies that I enjoyed: Ink and The Shrine.

Super-twisted movie you might like: The Killer Inside Me. Also: Black Death

Other good choices (if you haven't seen them already):

The Game

Reservoir Dogs

Donnie Darko

12 Monkeys

All Good Things

Memento

Natural Born Killers

Hot Tub Time Machine

Being John Malkovich

Dead Man

There are more

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Only movie I have seen out of all of these is Natural Born Killers. I really liked that movie despite not being a big fan of Woody. I always loved Juliette Lewis though. She is one of the few skinny women that I really like.

Breaking Bad

Going to give this a look soon. Always wanted to watch it, but I have to start from the beginning or I feel like I missed something and wont know what the fock is going on.

Just in case you haven't seen them, a couple of iconic movies...

Fight Club

American Psycho

The Prestige

Borat

:thumbsup: I have not seen any of these either. When I first signed up for this Netfilx, one of the first movies I looked up was Fight Club. Sadly none of these are available on instant, something that seems prevalent with them. All of them are available by mail though, so I will put them in my queue.

THat is pretty cool, thanks man. :cheers:

The Human Cenitpede

:thumbsup: One of the few I have seen, and I liked it.

THey must have taken it off instant because it is DVD only now. Down the road, I will check them out though.

Snatch

Great movie.

10-4, I will check it out soon.

C.H.U.D.

In my queue.

Immortals

Rising Son : The story of Christian Hosoi

:thumbsup: Cool, I will give them a look.

They just added Rounders to netflix instant. I'm sure you've seen it before, tho

Have not seen it before, will definitely check it out.

Boondock Saints.

For a concentration camp movie, try "Escape from Sobibor" - the story of the only successful escape from a concentration camp.

:thumbsup:

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas is a good Nazi camp movie. The ending of the movie is great.

Watched Battle Royale last week. Not bad. Have you seen Battle Royale 2???

:thumbsup: I have not seen any of these either. When I first signed up for this Netfilx, one of the first movies I looked up was Fight Club. Sadly none of these are available on instant, something that seems prevalent with them. All of them are available by mail though, so I will put them in my queue.

Holy fock but you haven't seen any movies :shocking:

And I thought I was bad.

Also, whomever recommended Boondock Saints is right on the money. :headbanger:

Boondock Saints II, not so much. You will have to watch it anyways.

I am a WW2 documentary nut and have seen everything on Netflix on the subject.

I just watched a good documentary on this spanish spy who worked for the allies called "Garbo: The Spy". It was pretty fascinating. This guy was one of the main reasons teh Germans were slow to react to the Normandy invasion. He had the Germans convinced that this was a diversionary invasion and that the main invasion was going to take place at Calais. And after the allies never invaded Calais he told the Germans that the diversionary attack was so successfiul that they called the invasion of Calais off. And the Germans continued to believe him.

Another good documentary I saw recently was "Tha Man Nobody Knew: In search of My Father CIA Spymaster William Colby" Its about William Colby. He comes across as a pretty standup guy who at the end, was raked over the coals by politicians looking to make a name for themselves.

As for the Holocaust, I recently watched "Aushwitz: Inside the Nazi state" I think this was a British documentary. It does some reanactments and it was very very good. They got a lot of information from diaries that some of the Germans kept and it goes into a lot of details about how the Nazi's came up with their killing techniques. They tried burning the bodies at one point in these mass bonfires, then they developed the underground killing techniques and the ovens. They talk about how they would get the Jews to do most of the killing themselves because the German soldiers would get all depressed by killing all these people. I have seen a lot of Holocaust documentaries and was surprised to actually learn new stuff from this one. It went into a lot of the logistics of the killings.

Some other Holocauset documentaries:

"Forgiving Dr. Mengele" was about a holocaust survivor woman who had a lot of experiments done on her. They did a lot of experiments on twins and she was a twin.

"Steal a pencil for me" is about a couple who met at a camp and survived the holocaust

A good movie about a real norweigan ww2 resistance fighter is "Max Manus"

Thanks man. After reading this, I stated watching Aushwitz. Watched the first three parts so far. Freaking nuts. I was talking with my son about the holocaust the other day after watching some of this and to my surprise, when I asked him if he learend about it in school yet, he said yeah, and even named Aushwitz as one of the worst before I had a chance to tell him. So proud. :wub:

I also watched the forgiving Dr, Mangele. That women pissed some folks off. haha.

Holy fock but you haven't seen any movies :shocking:

And I thought I was bad.

:lol:

Watched Battle Royale last week. Not bad. Have you seen Battle Royale 2???

Sucked. Watch Irreversible (Monica Bellucci) or The Brown Bunny (Chloe Sevigny) if you want to watch something shocking. Both equally f'ed up for different reasons. Definitely not family movies.

ETA: and don't miss Bubba Ho-Tep! Awesome flick.

Snatch will change your respect for Brad Pitt. Rounders is also a geek club must see.

Boondock Saints is shlock. You'll prolly love it.