Sign in to follow this  
gocolts

Recommend a movie available on NETFLIX instant.

this thread made me start re-watching True Detective S1 - I forgot so many of the little details - the writing/dialogue is fantastic and the "feel" of the whole show is immersive, everything from the music, camera angles, grain/color of the film... you can feel the tension, turmoil, and ever present ominousness, they've masterfully cooked it all into the show - kinda like the original Alien was able to build in the cold, emptiness of outer space with lighting, sound, color, music, dialogue, etc.

pen - I think Rust Cohle may end up being one of your favorite TV characters of all time.

And you get to see that hot chicks bewbs

And you get to see that hot chicks bewbs

Done and done. Episode 2 16:22. :wub:

May end up watching The Legend of Bagger Vance on Prime, but I'm seriously considering renting Edge of Tomorrow. Looks like a thoughtful, well done action movie.

Renting a movie feels like some sort of failure with NF and Prime at disposal though.

Evil Genius

OMG Marjorie Video interview channels her inner Rosanne Barr

May end up watching The Legend of Bagger Vance on Prime, but I'm seriously considering renting Edge of Tomorrow. Looks like a thoughtful, well done action movie.

Renting a movie feels like some sort of failure with NF and Prime at disposal though.

Took 24 hours but I did watch Edge of Tomorrow. Really liked it. It's one of the most action-ey action movies I've ever seen. Actually probably the most, but still a bit brainy. Apparently Tom Cruise is trying to get Emily Blunt to do a sequel.

No Bagger Vance. I hear Will Smith is a great example of the "magical negro" trope in it. Think I'll skip.

OMG Marjorie Video interview channels her inner Rosanne Barr

By the end she looks like Anne Ramsey in Throw Momma From the Train

Took 24 hours but I did watch Edge of Tomorrow. Really liked it. It's one of the most action-ey action movies I've ever seen. Actually probably the most, but still a bit brainy. Apparently Tom Cruise is trying to get Emily Blunt to do a sequel.

:thumbsup: I really enjoyed this as well. The montage of all the ways he dies is great, especially first time he tries rolling under the passing truck.

• Like 1

if you have AP and are a Burt Reynolds fan you might want to check out the last movie star... Also has the chick from modem family with her ass hanging out the entire movie

After knocking out The Wire............finally started Mad Men.

Closing out Season 1, pretty good so far. Didn't take long to get me hooked, which is nice. The nonstop, 24/7 smoking is mind boggling - people's homes, offices, clothes and breath must have stunk back then.

The redhead Joan, if a body was ever created for focking - Jeebus.

• Like 1

I just picked the wire back up last night after a couple years break... Started season three. Not sure if I made it all the way through season two, but whatever... Three seemed to catch my interest though.

Closing out Season 1, pretty good so far. Didn't take long to get me hooked, which is nice. The nonstop, 24/7 smoking is mind boggling - people's homes, offices, clothes and breath must have stunk back then.

I love Mad Men. It definitely started stronger than it ended but never got bad over the entire run.

Agreed on Joan too. Hourglass. :wub:

Thanks for the heads up. My wife and I need a new show to get into. I'll check it out.

• Like 1

Check out Of Mice and Men with Sinise and Malkovich on prime.

Ive always been a Steinbeck fan and this movie really does the story justice.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up. My wife and I need a new show to get into. I'll check it out.

Just started watching it tonight. Didn't realize the actress from Handmaid's Tale was in it.

Check out Of Mice and Men with Sinise and Malkovich on prime.

Ive always been a Steinbeck fan and this movie really does the story justice.

Watched that awhile back,Malkovich was excellent. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Wind River with Jeremy Renner was really good. Better than I thought it would be. Same writer as Sicario. If you're in the mood for mystery/drama with some action... :thumbsup:

Also, the Olsen twin's little sister Elizabeth Olsen is surprisingly an excellent actress; can see her eventually winning academy awards.

If you guys get Shudder and:or Amazon Prime Instant I really liked Mandy (2018) with Nick Cage - what a WEIRD focked up movie.

If you guys get Amazon Prime

Watched this one recently, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Finally forced myself to sit thru and watch Pulp Fiction.

It made a list alright - my list of top 10 most overrated movies all time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Finally forced myself to sit thru and watch Pulp Fiction.

It made a list alright - my list of top 10 most overrated movies all time.

:first:

This movie is terrible...  I am so glad that I didn't see it in a theater and waste my money on it...

• Like 1

Did anyone ever watch Abducted in Plain Sight? 

13 hours ago, peenie said:

Ive heard about it...i would go out and start shooting people after seeing that lol.  I dont do well with people who do stuff to kids

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:36 AM, peenie said:

One of the most disturbing , focked up movies I've ever seen.. How any parent could allow that to happen, is just sickening.

Along the lines of creepy - The Captive is also worth a watch. Caught it on Netflix the other day.

• Like 1

Anybody seen First Reformed with Ethan Hawke? I watched it last weekend, generally liked it a lot.

• Like 1

It may have already been mentioned, but this is crazy good....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  New release about the Texas Rangers that came out of retirement to hunt down Bonnie & Clyde.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nzoner said:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  New release about the Texas Rangers that came out of retirement to hunt down Bonnie & Clyde.

I saw this last night and added it to my list.  Looks pretty good. 

Assuming it's been mentioned here at some point but power watched Season 1 this last weekend :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Assuming it's been mentioned here at some point but power watched Season 1 this last weekend :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last Kingdom is fantastic.  Season 4 filming now and should be released later on this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Last Kingdom is fantastic.  Season 4 filming now and should be released later on this year.

I'll have to add this to my list

Dark is turning out to be pretty good. German show and the voices are dubbed over, but fortunately there aren't many scenes where you're seeing someone's face for a while as they talk. For the most part it's not distracting.

Matt Walsh mentioned it's like a Stranger Things that takes itself more seriously, and isn't strong on the nostalgia factor (but interestingly it brings the 80s in a lot; it just doesn't marinate in it). I have to agree with him.

6 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Oh hell. My wife really wants to watch that. I figured it is was gonna be riding the coat tails of Vikings kind of thing just thrown together so I said no. I will give it a go. 

8 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I really liked the idea of no cliffhanger after season one,granted I could've gone on to season two if so but nothing irritates me more if I'm watching a series as it's being released and having to wait 6 months or longer to pick it back up.

11 hours ago, naomi said:

Dark is turning out to be pretty good. German show and the voices are dubbed over, but fortunately there aren't many scenes where you're seeing someone's face for a while as they talk. For the most part it's not distracting.

Matt Walsh mentioned it's like a Stranger Things that takes itself more seriously, and isn't strong on the nostalgia factor (but interestingly it brings the 80s in a lot; it just doesn't marinate in it). I have to agree with him.

Watch with German audio and subtitles. So much better.