Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

Homers Report

Give me some info on things you've been hearing about your local team. This thread helps out every year.

SF Niners

QB: Alex Smith is going to be their starter. Nothing too exciting about it. I'm assuming his numbers increase a little bit from last season, but not too drastic of a change.

RB: Here's where it gets interesting. Gore, Hunter, LMJames, Jacobs, Dixon, Cartwright. What is crazy is that 6 out of 6 might make the team. Dixon is currently trying out at FB and reports say he is doing fairly well. Frank Gore is actually decent value in the early 4th round. He will be limited to 20 or less carries a game, but this gives him a better chance of staying healthy for the entire season. They gave carries to Kendall Hunter last season, which gave Gore his first 16 game season since 2006. So Gore, decent value in the 4th. Hunter will get 5-10 touches per game as a between the 20s back. LMJ will get 5-10 touches per game as a mini-sproles type of back. Jacobs will get 3-5 touches on 3 & 1s and possible goalline. If Gore goes down, all hell will break loose here and it will be a pure RBBC....so there really isn't a point handcuffing.

WR: Randy Moss is going late 7th early 8th. And he is not going to be worth that pick. Reports are saying that he is running well, but have not established a good connection with Alex Smith yet. This is a big warning...there are a LOT of hands on the receiving crew, and I just don't see Moss getting anything near what a 7th rounder should be giving you.

Crabtree? Decent pick in the 11th or 12th, but nothing higher. This guy is an injury risk with a very low ceiling.

Manningham, he's going to be great value for you in the 15th round. I see him getting the best numbers in the Niners WR crew.

TE: With more and more weapons outside, teams are going to pay less attention to Vernon Davis, which is going to be a good thing for Davis owners. I see 900 yards and 9 TDs.

Jets...hmmm...this is a situation to avoid.

Greene is reportedly locked in for early down work but it appears won't be the 3rd down back. McKnight and Powell look to share and compete for that. An rb in todays NFL who won't catch a lot of passes and should be competing with Tebow around the goal line, if and when the Jets get there.

Holmes is already taking days off practice because his body is sore.

Chrome has declared himself the 2nd best WR on the team...and he may be right.

I haven't heard much either way about Hill but our slot guy Curly has been getting crushed. Awful camp reviews.

Reports are that Keller might be split out wide some, and he is in a contract year, so maybe there is some value there.

Sanchez has put on 10 pounds of muscle and looks the best I've seen him but with no wrs and Tebow vulturing the goal line, not much value there.

Tebow is sure worth a flier but I honestly don't see him being the long term starter...who knows though.

I expect the Jets to be a mess early with Pitt, San Fran, Houston and New England early on the schedule.

I honestly probably wouldn't draft anyone but Keller, Tebow as a flier and Greene if he falls well below his adp.

Atlanta:

Julio sux... dont draft him.

R. White wont catch 50 balls, stay away...

Michael Turner will have 400 carries this year and is good for 20 TDs, take him in the first.

Matt Ryan will run like Mike Vick this year! A solid 2nd round pick in every format!

:pointstosky:

Patriots

Brandon Lloyd looks good, should be a big part of the offense

Aaron Hernandez looks unstoppable, could be in for a big year

Jabar Gaffney might be a decent late-round flyer...Brady loves him and they've been connecting well in camp.

Ridley is likely going to take the "starting" RB job, Vereen may not be worth drafting at all. Keep your eye out for the UDFA RB Bolden. He's been looking good in camp and drew praise from Belichick. Went to same school as BJGE too.

Basically only the RB info is super-helpful. Yeah Lloyd and Hernandez should be in for good years, but there's still Gronk and Welker too. Not everybody can have a huge season.

Dion Lewis is drawing rave reviews and comparisons to Brian Weatbrook in Philly's camp - must own handcuff for McCoy owners.

NY Jets

a team to avoid in fantasy unless/until Tebow takes over as the full time starter.

It's like a circus with no stars right now. 2 QB's? Tebow as a "wildcat QB"? They want to run but their right tackle is terrible. Holmes is the best WR and he is a bum. Cromartie already starting ###### saying he is the 2nd best receiver on the team (and he might be). Stephen Hill is raw, i wouldn't expect anything from him on this team.

What they should have done = avoid the Tebow drama, give Sanchez one last chance to show improvement under a better OC. Drafted hill but also brought Edwards back. This team had good chemistry in 2010. Edwards has done some dumb things but he was always a team player. And they should have addressed right tackle. their line is still solid except for that spot. they can go more toward a run oriented attack, thats fine.

Eagles.

Dion Lewis and Bryce Brown have been solid in camp as backup running backs. Dion Lewis has improved greatly. Shady McCoy is still the main person though.

DeSean Jackson seems to be having a good camp. He's torched Nmadi Asomugha a few times now and could be a great buy low receiver.

Brandon Graham has had a terrific camp and should get a good number of reps in the preseason. But pay attention to the injuries along the front line. While deep,its still troubling with injuries to Cole, Babin, Jenkins, and the unknown of Patterson. A lot of people think this defense can be a great team defense...but it starts with their front four.

Vick has looked ok...but not exceptional. Right now I'd peg him in the low end of the 2nd tier of quarterbacks given the propensity for injury.

WR4 is up in the air with Riley Cooper hurt. Gilyard or Akpla could make the roster with good preseasons.

Gabbert struggled first day of pads, but has improved everyday since. 16-20 today and best day so far (without Robinson or Blackmon). Obviously he isn't a fantasy option, but just updating his progress.

No news on MJD. But Gene Smith has talked to him and keeping communication open. Jags won't budge though, at least what is being said (and I don't think they will).

Laurent Robinson was pressing first day of camp, but has gotten more comfortable each day. Did have a head injury, but is cleared for Fridays scrimmage.

Blackmon should be in soon. Just waiting for his agent to stop being an idiot.

Rashad Jennings has looked very good.

Jags defense may be in for a big year. Knighton in great shape (best shape ever coming into camp), Alualu finally playing on healthy knee, Andre Branch playing really well and making impression, Poz playing dominant, no real big weakness other then pass rush. We'll see what Branch adds to that this year.

O-line roughed up. Monroe (LT) swollen knee, Rackley (RG) out 3-4 weeks high ankle sprain.

Bears-

Things are looking very good for this team. For the first time since I can remember I can actually feel confident in having bears players on my fantasy team.

Ill start off by saying with just the promotion of Tice to oc our line has improved. Gone are the days in which Cutler has to take 7 step drops, pass the ball and hope the WR ran the right route. From what it looks like Rice is going to be running a more simplified.but complicated offense at the same time, if that makes sense. Tice has been public with saying he is listening to Cutler,Bates,WR's, and RBs and he is shaping an offense that everyone is comfortable running. Which meens 3-4 step drops for cutler (our line is definitely good enough to hold for that) Cutler will be able to audible, and will Aldo be able to run around and throw. The WR group we have is very mixed and very talented and its going to be interesting to see what they can do.

With that being said I would actually feel comfortable drafting and using cutler.

As everyone knows our wr corps have improved greatly. BM is a beast. I'm expecting huge numbers from him and I'm targeting him as my number one wr. Of course living in Chicago and playing with bears fans he is gunna move quick and I'm ok with taking him early. I'm hoping for a late round pick so I can draft a RB and the scoop up BM in the second round. Although it would be better if I had a high pick and he fell to me late second round...we will see how it pans out. For everyone else of you can nab him in the third or fourth I believe it will be a huge value.

The rest of the Wr core ill be a crap shoot ff wise as I see Cutler really spreding the ball around. Hester looks good he. He has improved his route running and is catching he ball well. Cutler loves Bennett and he will get some touches but I don't see too many tds from him. I love Jeffery and I'm very very excited to watch him in the next few years but its hard to tell right now how much work he will get in this year. If by the end of the preseason its clear he has a starting spot or a big role I think he can be a nice late round sleeper pick.

Now my bears sleeper pick this year is the TE Davis!! This Guy has all the skills to be a top te and beleve me he is going to get alot of touches and alot of tds...that's all I have to say!

Matt forte is Matt forte expect the same from him.

All and all as long as we stay healthy I think this offense is going to score alot of points. They have a very pass freindly schedual and are going to be involved in alot of shoot outs... I'm expecting nothing less them big things and its an exciting time to be a bears fan.

Da Bears baby!""

Chargers

QB: Rivers looks like he's back in form and making quick, accurate throws. Deep ball looks good and his rapport with Meachem seems solid.

RB: Mathews is making quick cuts and is fast through the tackles. In training camp, he's really making ball security a priority. He's poised for a breakout year (barring injury of course).

WR/TE: Meachem looks the part and is running multiple routes. Looks solid. Floyd is the same floyd we all know. Vincent brown was dropping some balls during training camp but it could've just been that one day. Haven't seen too much of Eddie Royal but I expect big things from the slot man.

NY Jets

a team to avoid in fantasy unless/until Tebow takes over as the full time starter.

It's like a circus with no stars right now. 2 QB's? Tebow as a "wildcat QB"? They want to run but their right tackle is terrible. Holmes is the best WR and he is a bum. Cromartie already starting ###### saying he is the 2nd best receiver on the team (and he might be). Stephen Hill is raw, i wouldn't expect anything from him on this team.

What they should have done = avoid the Tebow drama, give Sanchez one last chance to show improvement under a better OC. Drafted hill but also brought Edwards back. This team had good chemistry in 2010. Edwards has done some dumb things but he was always a team player. And they should have addressed right tackle. their line is still solid except for that spot. they can go more toward a run oriented attack, thats fine.

Anyone else notice when they showed the JETS having to run for getting in the fights that Tebow was way out in front?? :clap:

Reminded me of parts of RUDY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_cMNp3zllc

Patriots

Brandon Lloyd looks good, should be a big part of the offense

Aaron Hernandez looks unstoppable, could be in for a big year

Jabar Gaffney might be a decent late-round flyer...Brady loves him and they've been connecting well in camp.

Ridley is likely going to take the "starting" RB job, Vereen may not be worth drafting at all. Keep your eye out for the UDFA RB Bolden. He's been looking good in camp and drew praise from Belichick. Went to same school as BJGE too.

Basically only the RB info is super-helpful. Yeah Lloyd and Hernandez should be in for good years, but there's still Gronk and Welker too. Not everybody can have a huge season.

If Brady chucks the ball 5k yards...lookin at 1250 yards a piece. Hey, could happen! :)

Packers

QB - There's this guy named Aaron Rogers who is poised to breakout this year. Keep an eye on him.

RB - whatever

TE - Finley's ADP looks pretty spot on right now and talk about him is quiet enough to keep it that way. All the upside you could ask for with him.

WR - Jennings and Nelson will produce. Cobb, Driver, and Jones' stats could produce another starting receiver, maybe even 2, but there isn't enough between the 3 of them for any kind of consistent effort.

Defense - Yeah......

Raiders

Palmer has been looking very sharp in camp. Looks like the Palmer of old.

Mcfadden looks like his injury is in the past. T. Jones is looking very fast and will be a nice change of pace back

DHB keeps improving. D. Moore is doing what he did last year in camp, turning heads. Ford has been healthy and has been playing a lot of slot. Raiders WR look young,fast and talented. Look out....

Raiders

Palmer has been looking very sharp in camp. Looks like the Palmer of old.

Mcfadden looks like his injury is in the past. T. Jones is looking very fast and will be a nice change of pace back

DHB keeps improving. D. Moore is doing what he did last year in camp, turning heads. Ford has been healthy and has been playing a lot of slot. Raiders WR look young,fast and talented. Look out....

Al Davis dies and team gets better...hmmm

Bucs Homer here!

QB

Josh Freeman appears to be headed for a return to his 2010 form. He came into camp having lost about 20 lbs and added muscle. He felt that the additional weight he carried around with him last year slowed him down a bit. He has been really sharp in camp as well, consistently hitting his downfield targets. It is pretty clear that they will be airing it out much more than they have since Freeman took over as QB. Part of the reason for that is a new scheme, but the main reason is the new WR toy that we added in free agency. More on that later. Also, the addition of Carl Nicks in free agency will make this already strong offensive line even stronger. Freeman should have plenty of time to throw and our running game should be much improved forcing defenders into the box and opening up some great passing lanes. I think Freeman's value is great right now as most owners will not be able to see passed his 2011 season.

RB

There is a supposed battle between Martin & Blount right now for the #1 spot on the depth chart. I am not buying it though. Schiano admittedly likes to have a workhorse back like he had with Rice at Rutgers, but says he sees the value in having 2 great backs that are both relatively fresh. The only problem with all of the talk is that Martin is getting a clear majority of the first team reps in camp even though Blount is listed as the #1 on the recently released depth chart. Martin has wowed in camp and is clearly the more explosive runner and skilled pass catcher. Blount's skill set does not translate that well until he is able to showcase his ability to break tackles though. I expect that Martin will eventually be that workhorse back, but that may not happen until later into the season. I can see Schiano doing a 60/40 split early in the season similar to what we saw in NY with Bradshaw/Jacobs. Remember, our OC was the QB Coach for the Giants. We will be running a lot and with a much improved offensive line, there could be enough carries to go around to keep both of them and their owners happy. I would love to draft Martin, but not sure the value is there due to his current ADP. I would draft him in a heartbeat if he dropped to the 4th and if he is named the clear cut #1, I would draft him in the 2nd. Blount is a good value now, but he may be worthless come mid-season (Buyer beware).

WR

Probably the most talented group of receivers the Bucs have ever had. Vincent Jackson has looked as advertised so far in camp. He has been a complete stud! He consistently burns Aquib Talib and Talib is no slouch. He also has built a great rapport with Josh Freeman. He and Josh worked out quite a bit together during the offseason and it has showed in camp. The additon of Jackson has only helped Mike Williams. Jackson has taken Williams under his wing and is really teaching him what it means to be a pro. Williams is clearly the # 2 now though so his targets will go down, but his yardage and TD's will probably improve over last year. I believe he will be able to make more out of less because he won't be getting the attention from defenses that he got last year. The sleeper WR to look out for is Preston Parker. He has been a stud in camp as well. He appears to have the edge right now for the slot position, especially with Arrelious Benn being banged up yet again. Tiquan Underwood has looked real good in camp as well and he has a history with Schiano at Rutgers. The only two WR's that are certain to be on the field at all times are Jackson and Williams though. I would feel very comfortable right now with Jackson as my #1 WR so the fact that his current ADP allows you to draft him as a #2 should have fantasy owners salivating. I would only draft Williams as a #3/4. Parker would be a great late round flier if he lands the slot role gig.

TE

Schiano got rid of Winslow quickly and inserted Dallas Clark. I was excited about the addition of Clark, but he is getting mixed reviews in camp so far. He has had quite the case of the dropsies throughout camp, but just when you begin to count him out, he makes a spectacular catch that you would only expect him to be able to make. He is still getting great separation from LB's and appears to be healthy. I think Freeman will still use the TE's heavily, but they will definitely lose targets to an improved WR core and pass catching RB. Luke Stocker may eventually supplant Clark this season, but Clark is the guy to own now with a late round pick. He has the potential to produce like a low-end #1 in this offense.

Defense

Who really knows, but they appear to be a much improved group with the addition of Barron and Lavonte David in the draft and Eric Wright in free agency. Also, McCoy and Clayborn have been reaking havoc on our offensive line during camp. I haven't seen enough to warrant drafting them though. Keep an eye on them though because they may be worth a WW pickup early into the season.

I am in St. Louis and have been to one of the official practices. This is what my thoughts are as of today;

Steven Jackson is looking more and more like a low end RB1 vs. a RB2. He looks more cut and faster than the previous few years. If you draft him, it is a good idea to handcuff Pead. Pead has looked tremendous. He may not have a ton of top end speed, but I have not watched a RB get out of his stance this quickly in a long time. When handed the ball he is 0 to 60 in a flash. Keep in mind he is practicing against the Rams linebackers. Outside of Laurinitis, we have no one.

The WR Corps is much better than I anticipated. Amendola is looking good, but so is Steve Smith. I don't see them being used together all that often as they do the same thing. It would not shock me though to see Steve Smith come in as the 3rd WR in most sets. Salas has looked good as well. I'm almost not expecting Alexandar to make the team as he hasn't practiced much. Coach Fisher is big on guys going all out in practice, so even though he hasn't said anything, I think it may bother him.

Bradford looks a bit skittish right now. When he drops back, it looks like he is searching for the pass rush before looking for the open receiver. I could be seeing something that isn't there though. His arm looks good, but he hasn't done any scrambling. Does that mean is ankle is still an issue? He has hit most of his WR's in stride.

Suggestions:

I would take a shot on Steven Jackson this year. He looks fit and ready to go. A very solid second round pick.

Danny Amendola is a quality WR3 in PPR leagues. He and Sam have connected well together. Again.

Pead. Handcuff him to Jackson. Jackson has missed time in each of the past few years. Pead will fill in nicely.

Bradford. QB2 only. No chance to be a QB1 this season.

Brian Quick - I believe he will come on towards the end of the year. He appears overwhelmed at times right now, but he is a rookie and has massive pressure on him. Like he did at the Senior Bowl, I expect him to be very good once he gets going. You may want to stash him on your bench in deep leagues or pick him up on the waiver wire in smaller roster leagues towards the middle of the season. He could be starter worthy by week 12, or maybe even earlier.

Rams Defense - Never thought I would say this, but they are looking very solid right now. Considering the offenses they will be playing against, they could make a decent option as a 2nd defense, if you carry two. Quinn and Long are both looking like Pro Bowlers. Langford is a BIG guy. He and our rookie tackle should stop those long runs up the middle. Linebackers are weak outside of James L., but the Secondary is much improved. Finnegan looks tremendous and Janoris Jenkins, in all honesty, looks like the steal of the draft at this point. He has routinely broken up pass plays against the veteran receivers and picked off Bradford several times near the end zone.

Our kicker may be worth selecting late as well. I think we can move the ball this season, but may bog down in the red zone early on. The kicker should have many opportunities in 2012.

Steelers:

Ben Roethlisberger is adjusting well to the new offense. There will be more quick, short passes, but that doesn't mean that Ben won't stray away and go back to his love of the deep ball or backyard football entirely. The committment to the running game should allow for more big plays coming from play action.

Byron Leftwich will be the 2nd team QB with Charlie Batch being 3rd.

Issac Redman will be the bell cow of the running game. While the O-line looked a little rough in pass protection vs the Eagles both DeCastro and Adams looked physical and aggressive in the run game. Some of the issues on the O-line came from Adams and DeCastro getting used the the speed of the pro game, miscommunication on stunts/twists, no Willie Colon at LG and the Eagles doing what they do. I look for the O-line to improve a lot as compared to last season.

Jon Dwyer looks to be the 2nd RB in line for the Steelers. He came into camp in the best shape that he's been in as a Steeler and was playing well until he suffered an shoulder sprain vs the Eagles.

Chris Rainey will be involved in the offense as both a RB and WR, along with likely being the top KR & PR. He looked dangerous after the catch tonight. As shown by his 50+ yd TD.

John Clay will battle Byron Batch for the final RB spot on the roster. The loser is likely to make it to the Steelers practice squad. With the injury to FB/TE David Johnson there could be a chance that Clay is given at chance at FB to back up the lone FB on the roster, rookie Will Johnson.

Rashard Mendenhall says that his recovery from ACL surgery is going well and is on schedule. But Steelers GM Kevin Colbert has made it clear that Mendenhall will start the season on the P.U.P.

Antonio Brown has been very, very impressive in camp thus far and is picking up where he left of last season as team MVP.

Emmanuel Sanders is truely healthy for the first time since his rookie season and is having a nice camp taking over for Mike Wallace who is holding out. If Wallace continues to hold out into the season keep Sanders in mind.

Jerricho Cotchery is currently the 3rd WR and will move to 4th if/when Wallace returns. While being a solid contributor to the Steelers, he won't hold much fantasy value.

Heath Miller seems to be a favorite of new O.C. Todd Haley. But with Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Redman and Rainey all deserving touches time will tell if his role actually increases this season.

Weslye Saunders is currently expected to be suspended for 2 games for testing positive for adderall. He is a very athletic TE with good hands and solid blocking ability, but won't contribute to your fantasy team unless there are injuries.

Leonard Pope followed Haley to Pittsburgh and was in jeopardy of being cut until David Johnson tore his ACL tonight. Won't be a fantasy factor.

A few rough notes from what I've been able to deduce from the Eagles first preseason game.

Foles played exceptionally well. His first touchdown pass clearly shows that he has intangibles. When you have a clear blocker in front of you and a guaranteed 7-10 yards rushing but are still looking down field you know football. Kafka has competition.

Bryce Brown has made this football team.

Maclin injured his hammy before the game. W. T. F. did this come from? I am slightly worried. Cramps have been noted in camp, but I always tense up with a speedy receiver and hamstrings in the same sentence.

Brandon Graham and the rest of the "second string" Eagles front four are arguably the best defensive rotation in football. If Cole, Jenkins, Babin, and Patterson get healthy...this is going to get nasty. I'm going to have this defense on at least one of my big money leagues.

Brandon Boykins gives the Eagles the first legitimate return man since...uhhh...uhhh...Reno Mahe? Ever. Oh...yeah...that's also part of that whole defensive drafting thing.

Vick. Sigh. DND. Honestly...it wasn't the injury, but rather the fact that the pocket collapsed and he still finds a way to throw a ball and hit his own lineman. Its like he is destined to miss games. Btw, an interesting and ironic statistic. The only time he played 16 games in a season was his final game for Atlanta in a loss vs the Eagles in the season finale. I just don't trust him.

Asomugha doesn't impress me. If you need a corner in IDP leagues I'd take a playmaker like Peterson. Of course, if you're on this board you already know to avoid "shutdown" corners because they don't provide statistics.

Maybe the Steelers will use Chris Rainey like the Vikings use Harvin. He may have some value in the later rounds.

Maybe the Steelers will use Chris Rainey like the Vikings use Harvin. He may have some value in the later rounds.

Interesting thought... Rainey was already on my outlier sleeper list (guys not even on Matthew Berry's top 200 radar) already... hmmm

Giants - lots to like, a few question marks.

Offense - The offense is stacked at the skills spots and has potential to be very explosive. Last year the running game was worst in the league, which is troubling considering this staff actually believes in balance and half the league could care less about running the ball. The running game will be improved, and if the o-line can manage to get some push, it could be very strong, but some questions remain. Last year McKenzie who has always been a strength in the running game bottomed out and is not on a roster right now. Diehl will slide into his spot at RT, where he is better suited than on the left provided Beatty's back doesn't remain an issue. Snee and Baas should both rebound and the addition of Bennett at TE will be a big boost in terms of run blocking. What this amounts to is more balance so don't count on as much passing as we saw a year ago. The offense could be very explosive, but the questions that do exist lie on the offensive line.

Eli - He turned a corner last year, but is a better NFL QB than fantasy. The passing game is built on timing and the ball if often out WAY before the receiver has completed the route. This makes the passing game so hard to defend, but can also lead to some picks. Cruz, Nicks, and Hixon all have great chemistry with Eli in this offense, but the younger guys, not so much. Eli should be locked in for about 4000 yards, 30 TDs, with 14-16 Ints with zero health concerns.

RBs - The foot injury Bradshaw played through a year ago seem to be beyond him, but s small guy who runs as hard as he does is always going to have some tweaks. He's the starter but do not assume an increased workload with Jacobs gone. His value is tied to the o-line getting some push which it simply did not a year ago. There will be other guys in the mix, but the one worth mentioning is first round pick David Wilson. He has a lot to learn, but has physical skillets that jump out at you. He is explosive, shifty, and runs hard. Give him a glimpse of daylight and he is going to pop a few long TDs this year. He can also catch. The thing with him is that his time will be limited by veterans such as DJ Ware who are much more polished and do all the little things right. But Wilson is going to be tough to keep off the field.

WRs - No one turns out 1500 yard seasons year in year out, but make no mistake, Cruz is the real deal and no flukes about it. Nicks is also a top Wideout, but the injuries do concern. He'll be there for the opener, but you probably want to count on a couple games he'll miss or be under 100%. But when healthy, he is a top tier WR. Beyond them, I would say it's only a matter of time before Randle takes over the #3 spot. Hixon will probably start the season here and is a solid veteran, but Randle came in looking pro-ready and is on another tier in terms of talent.

TEs- Bennett came in with a lot of questions, as Dallas fans can attest. But things so far is looking very promising with him. He is clearly an upgrade in terms of run blocking, as we all knew. He seems determined to make the most of his shot and is more physically gifted than Boss and Ballard were. He has had a strong camp and was a standout in the first preseason game. He will be a factor in the passing game this year and is someone to keep an eye on, for sure.

I think D. Wilson will be a guy you want to draft earlier than his ADP due to his potential and injury concerns with Bradshaw. He is similar to B. Tate, if Foster gets injured Tate will step in a have a great season. J. Charles had tons of potential and showed it when L. Johnson got hurt. I think Wilson is worth the gamble for the upside.

Vikings land...

QB-- Ponder is shaping up to take some major strides forward. Could be a reasonable QB2 and the team will be better all around him.

RB-- ADP has yet to play, but all signs are looking good. Video footage of him at practice has him sprinting, jumping, and seeming to look fully healthy. We could be looking at a Welker-type return from injury. Wouldn't be surprised if he's crept into the late first, early second round by draft day. Some risk here obviously, so be sure to grab Gerhardt with him and you'll limit the downside.

WR-- Harvin is one of the best athletes in the NFL and still kind of flying under the radar. Be prepared for a breakout year. Very good value in the 4-5th rounds. I see him as a legit WR1.

TE- If you want value and upside late at TE, look no further than Kyle Rudolph. All signs are that he's in for a big year. Even if Carlson gets healthy I wouldn't worry too much about him. I'm loving Rudolph (let's just keep this on the DL cause you can get him CRAZY late right now).

Giants - lots to like, a few question marks.

Offense - The offense is stacked at the skills spots and has potential to be very explosive. Last year the running game was worst in the league, which is troubling considering this staff actually believes in balance and half the league could care less about running the ball. The running game will be improved, and if the o-line can manage to get some push, it could be very strong, but some questions remain. Last year McKenzie who has always been a strength in the running game bottomed out and is not on a roster right now. Diehl will slide into his spot at RT, where he is better suited than on the left provided Beatty's back doesn't remain an issue. Snee and Baas should both rebound and the addition of Bennett at TE will be a big boost in terms of run blocking. What this amounts to is more balance so don't count on as much passing as we saw a year ago. The offense could be very explosive, but the questions that do exist lie on the offensive line.

Eli - He turned a corner last year, but is a better NFL QB than fantasy. The passing game is built on timing and the ball if often out WAY before the receiver has completed the route. This makes the passing game so hard to defend, but can also lead to some picks. Cruz, Nicks, and Hixon all have great chemistry with Eli in this offense, but the younger guys, not so much. Eli should be locked in for about 4000 yards, 30 TDs, with 14-16 Ints with zero health concerns.

RBs - The foot injury Bradshaw played through a year ago seem to be beyond him, but s small guy who runs as hard as he does is always going to have some tweaks. He's the starter but do not assume an increased workload with Jacobs gone. His value is tied to the o-line getting some push which it simply did not a year ago. There will be other guys in the mix, but the one worth mentioning is first round pick David Wilson. He has a lot to learn, but has physical skillets that jump out at you. He is explosive, shifty, and runs hard. Give him a glimpse of daylight and he is going to pop a few long TDs this year. He can also catch. The thing with him is that his time will be limited by veterans such as DJ Ware who are much more polished and do all the little things right. But Wilson is going to be tough to keep off the field.

WRs - No one turns out 1500 yard seasons year in year out, but make no mistake, Cruz is the real deal and no flukes about it. Nicks is also a top Wideout, but the injuries do concern. He'll be there for the opener, but you probably want to count on a couple games he'll miss or be under 100%. But when healthy, he is a top tier WR. Beyond them, I would say it's only a matter of time before Randle takes over the #3 spot. Hixon will probably start the season here and is a solid veteran, but Randle came in looking pro-ready and is on another tier in terms of talent.

TEs- Bennett came in with a lot of questions, as Dallas fans can attest. But things so far is looking very promising with him. He is clearly an upgrade in terms of run blocking, as we all knew. He seems determined to make the most of his shot and is more physically gifted than Boss and Ballard were. He has had a strong camp and was a standout in the first preseason game. He will be a factor in the passing game this year and is someone to keep an eye on, for sure.

Is there any word on joe martinek? I think he has potential but havent heard anything about him. I picked him up in place of mario fannin but dropped him a few hours later when kolb hit the ww. I know everyone is gaga about d wilson but i think martinek has a good chance at the third rb and could really make an impact on a team that needs rb help.

Anything at all?

NY Jets Homer

Everything the other Homers said is on point but the bottom line for the Jets is, if the Offensive Line does not perform, we will be dead last in offense. Our offense starts and ends with the O-Line!

PERIOD!!!!!

Is there any word on joe martinek? I think he has potential but havent heard anything about him. I picked him up in place of mario fannin but dropped him a few hours later when kolb hit the ww. I know everyone is gaga about d wilson but i think martinek has a good chance at the third rb and could really make an impact on a team that needs rb help.

Anything at all?

Martinek started out slow in camp, but has picked it up. I think he's going to be a long shot to make the roster though and if he does it will be in part because he can second as the backup fullback to Hynoski (they don't want to move Bear to FB from TE). From a RB standpoint they have Bradshaw as the starter, Wilson as a big play threat, and Ware as the safe veteran who can do a lot of things in a unit full of a lot of young guys. They also have another speed guy in the mix who they drafted in the 7th round a year ago --Da'Rel Scott-- who they have been trying to develop, and Andre Brown who has some tools but has never looked polished or instinctual to me. I sort of thought Martinek's best shot was to show that he is a younger, more talented, version of Ware, but Ware looked quite good out there last night. I think they like Martinek but my guess is they will look to try and stash him on the Practice Squad.

Hope this helps.

Some more Eagles notes:

Backup QB Mike Kafka broke his left (non-throwing) hand and will miss at least 3 weeks. Do not be surprised if rookie Nick Foles becomes QB2 in Kafka's absence. He has looked great in camp and in the first preseason game, and might be someone to target in dynasty leagues, given Vick's fragility. Trent Edwards still sucks.

Undrafted WR Danaris Johnson has also impressed in camp and in the first preseason game. Beat writers think he will make the team, and could be used on returns. Someone to think about in return-yardage leagues.

Left tackle could be a problem. Demetrius Bell struggled vs. PIT, and King Dunlap (running with the first team in today's practice) has shown little more than mediocrity in his career. Luckily, Vick is left-handed, so the LT is not protecting his blind side, but the line will miss Jason Peters greatly.

I think D. Wilson will be a guy you want to draft earlier than his ADP due to his potential and injury concerns with Bradshaw. He is similar to B. Tate, if Foster gets injured Tate will step in a have a great season. J. Charles had tons of potential and showed it when L. Johnson got hurt. I think Wilson is worth the gamble for the upside.

shhhh :ninja:

Martinek started out slow in camp, but has picked it up. I think he's going to be a long shot to make the roster though and if he does it will be in part because he can second as the backup fullback to Hynoski (they don't want to move Bear to FB from TE). From a RB standpoint they have Bradshaw as the starter, Wilson as a big play threat, and Ware as the safe veteran who can do a lot of things in a unit full of a lot of young guys. They also have another speed guy in the mix who they drafted in the 7th round a year ago --Da'Rel Scott-- who they have been trying to develop, and Andre Brown who has some tools but has never looked polished or instinctual to me. I sort of thought Martinek's best shot was to show that he is a younger, more talented, version of Ware, but Ware looked quite good out there last night. I think they like Martinek but my guess is they will look to try and stash him on the Practice Squad.

Hope this helps.

Exactly what i was looking for. Thanks.

Raiders:

McFadden looking like a superstar! Same as the last two years. :thumbsup:

Raiders:

McFadden looking like a superstar! Same as the last two years. :thumbsup:

If he is there at #3 in my keeper draft tomorrow i am taking him :thumbsup: Hell he has to play a full year or atleast 13 games at some point right?

Lions:

QB - Stafford looking great. Should be a top 5 QB.

WR - Calvin will be unbelievable, should be the first WR off the board. Young has had behavioral problems in camp so account for the knucklehead factor, could be an WR3 if he gets his act together.

RB - Its a cluster. Smith is the starter but no one believes he'll be there at the end of the year. Either Leshoure will come on or they'll sign someone as they get cut from other teams. Stay away from Best - many believe he's played his last down in the NFL. Leshoure is may be worth a late round flyer but between the criminal charges and ACL reconstruction, its a gamble.

TE - Pettigrew is still the man and will again see a lot of red zone targets. Unfortunetly he'll probably drop a lot of them. I'd say away from him with his ADP in the 8th/9th round.

Lions:

QB - Stafford looking great. Should be a top 5 QB.

WR - Calvin will be unbelievable, should be the first WR off the board. Young has had behavioral problems in camp so account for the knucklehead factor, could be an WR3 if he gets his act together.

RB - Its a cluster. Smith is the starter but no one believes he'll be there at the end of the year. Either Leshoure will come on or they'll sign someone as they get cut from other teams. Stay away from Best - many believe he's played his last down in the NFL. Leshoure is may be worth a late round flyer but between the criminal charges and ACL reconstruction, its a gamble.

TE - Pettigrew is still the man and will again see a lot of red zone targets. Unfortunetly he'll probably drop a lot of them. I'd say away from him with his ADP in the 8th/9th round.

Stafford and Calvin are what they are. While I believe Calvin will be the #1WR in fantasy this year, the WR position is so deep and has so many players with so much upside that I would not draft him where you need to draft him, which is in the 1st round. I would, however, love to draft Stafford in the 3rd round if he is available after people reach for Rodgers, Brady, Brees and maybe Cam.

To me, the guy you want to draft on the Lions that will exceed is ADP is Titus Young. He has been tremendous in camp and with a full off-season and all the attention that will be payed to Calvin and Pettigrew, Young has the potential to have a monster year. Next year he will be talked about the way that Cruz is talked about this year IMO.

Also, this defense has the potential to be a top 5 fantasy defense. The pass rush is ferocious and 8 deep. The linebacking crew is much deeper and has a year together for the first time for some continuity. Yes, they will give up yardage and points, but even though the secondary is below average, they will have a bunch of interceptions and will score some TDs.