Sign in to follow this  
Rocco42

Compiler problem

i am getting a

"Compile error in hidden module: Module1"

error when i run the compile cheat sheets. Everything else works - Check for Update, Update Projections and Copy League Settings.

I have used the buddy for years, and used it on this computer last year, so can't understand why the issue.

Any security setting in the module?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Rocco. Nothing changed very radically from last year that would cause that error. Did you hide or delete or rename any of the tabs? Were you able to Compile Cheatsheets earlier and this just started, or this is the first time since you downloaded?

Hi Rocco. Nothing changed very radically from last year that would cause that error. Did you hide or delete or rename any of the tabs? Were you able to Compile Cheatsheets earlier and this just started, or this is the first time since you downloaded?

Mike,

I would NEVER hide a tab...

This was the first version for this year and in fact i downloaded again and went straight to the compiler, gave me the same error.

i also just pulled up ccdb_football_2011_2.2 and ran the compiler, just to see if my system was interferring with the code. Ran fine.

What version of Excel do you have? Windows or Mac?

No one else has reported this, so although last year's file works on your machine, I have to assume there is something unique with your setup that doesn't jive wit this year's file. Okay, lets try some things in this order:

1. Check for Excel / Office updates. Go to Office Circle (upper left) > Excel Options > Resources and hit the Check for Updates button.

2. Try downloading the older .xls version of Draft Buddy and open that in your Excel 2010, and see if it gives the same error.

3. Email me - compiler [at] fftoday.com - and I'll shoot you a copy of Draft Buddy without the password protection, so then you can hit Debug and we'll see exactly what it doesn't like in the code.