Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

How long could you keep up world record marathon pace?

So you get trown into the Boston Marathon with all the elite Kenyan's and whatnot. You get $1000 for every meter you can stick with him. The best of the best start in front...so they put you up there also....the gun goes off, how long could you stay with the leader? (keep in mind, he is running his normal pace that he would run--as though you aren't there).

So you get trown into the Boston Marathon with all the elite Kenyan's and whatnot. You get $1000 for every meter you can stick with him. The best of the best start in front...so they put you up there also....the gun goes off, how long could you stay with the leader? (keep in mind, he is running his normal pace that he would run--as though you aren't there).

Until I reached the fridge.

I figured out that the world record holder from Kenya ran a marathon in 2011 at approx 12.63mph (that's his AVERAGE speed).

No focking way. I could run about 20mph for about 50 yards and then I'd be done.

I'm guessing about 400 meters...

“A new generation is coming that is running very well,” said Makau, who averaged 4:43 a mile and shaved 70 seconds off his previous best, 2:04:48, which was run at the 2010 Rotterdam Marathon.

My link

Way back in HS, I ran the 800 under 2 minutes, I suppose with time to train, I could run a 2:20 half-mile today, so maybe I could pull it off for 700-800M, I don't think I could break a five minute mile anymore though.

yes

When I was active duty I could run the two mile test in about 10:40, no way in hell I can do that now

Just looked it up - think the world record pace was set at around 4:43 a minute. :shocking:

Just looked it up - think the world record pace was set at around 4:43 a minute. :shocking:

:blink:

That is a pace I could keep up with for an entire trek across the country.

Did you look it up...all the from post 6... :)

I could run about 20mph for about 50 yards and then I'd be done.

Unless you count moving your legs while falling from a 50 yard cliff, no you can't.

I could run about 20mph for about 50 yards and then I'd be done.

You'd have to run almost half of a 100 meter sprint at about an 11 second pace.

You'd have to run almost half of a 100 meter sprint at about an 11 second pace.

I ran track in high school/college and ran a 12 second 100 yard dash. So, while I guess I couldn't do it anymore, I could probably come relatively close for a shorter distance.

That's actually kinda slow.

That's actually kinda slow.

Compared to a car, agreed........This was Patrick Makau's mile pace when he set the World Record last September - Berlin Marathon. Nobody else has ever run one faster - how do you figure it was kind of slow? :unsure:

Compared to a car, agreed........This was Patrick Makau's mile pace when he set the World Record last September - Berlin Marathon. Nobody else has ever run one faster - how do you figure it was kind of slow? :unsure:

<_<

You think that is fast? I can do around one minute a minute, no problem. :ninja:

Right up until I heard the sound of the starter pistol. :doublethumbsup:

Of course, the fact that you would drop to one knee and return fire wouldn't help much. :dunno:

Before my son was born when I was running quite a bit? 2 miles-ish. Now? Hell I'd be lucky to make it a block.