Sign in to follow this  
cgod

Inflation Adjustment Question

Hi Mikes,

Once again, thanks for all your hard work bring a great product!!

A quick question for you about inflation adjustment. I know the inflation adjusted value is a fluid amount but I would like to lock in the inflation adjusted value of a player at the point in the auction that each player is nominated so I can go back post-draft to review it (in the league I play, 10 team, 25 roster spots at the end of the draft I always end up with #NUM! error due to a vast disparity in projected vs actual money spent.) Is it possible that once I select the player nominated and the inflation value populates that I can just key in the value and overwrite the formula and not cause any long-term issues with the future adjustments or any other part of Draft Buddy?

TIA for your help and all your hard work!!

cgod

Thanks cgod. Glad to have you back again this year.

You certainly could overwrite the formulas where it shows the inflation adjusted dollar values on the draft report tab as they are nominated. It would be a little time consuming (basically typing in one extra number similar to typing in the winning bid amount), but possible. That should not interfere with anything else as you go.

It is an interesting idea. Maybe I should program it to, as you nominate a player, it adjusts the number. Problem with that would be undoing it and putting back the formula if someone has to adjust the picks. Even if I did it on the cheatsheets that would be tricky updating all of the sheets simultaneously, and it would take more time in the nomination process. I guess your suggestion would be best.

Thanks Mike. I will try to give it a test run beforehand just to be sure I don't run into any SNAFUs. :cheers: