Sign in to follow this  
srerquha

Bonus rates for high yardage

Hi, Here's something that i have struggled with trying to capture over the last few years.

My league gives a bonus rate for high yards in a game.

For example, a RB or WR gaining 100- 199 yards earns points at .2 per yard instead of .1 per yard below 100. Also from 200+, they earn .3 per yard.

Likewise, QB's earn .05 from 0 to 349, .1 from 350 to 449, and .15 from 450 +

I've tried to compensate by giving bonus points for 300 yard games(100 for rushing), but it hasn't been accurate.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Since it is scored as X points per yard over the 100/300 yard barrier, instead of a flat point amount for hitting, say 150/350, it is a little trickier. We'd have to estimate how many yards each player got for the season after hitting 100/300 in a game. Do you think that is something you'd like to project? If so, then it would be possible to put it in the custom fields and score it that way.

The alternative would be to put in some sort of bonus points as you've been doing for hitting a 100/300 yard game, to reflect the players will go beyond those numbers and should be doubling up the yardage points. This really is probably the best bet, with the key question being how many points to give. What were you using previously in these categories?

Since the projections are for a season, and not really game specific, I think it would be really difficult to use the custom field method. Your second method is something that I will have to tweak on as we continue toward the draft. What I did was use the 100% 2011 projections and try to change the bonus points to come close to the actuals from my league last year. For example, I was able to equal Rodger's total from last year from this method, but around 5-10 points off for the most part. Not a huge deal, but will try to get that closer to actuals. Right now, I am using 1.25 bonus points for 300+ passing, and 2.5 points for 100+ rushing/recieiving.

Thanks for the quick reply.