Sign in to follow this  
jtolenick

Projection Pal Issue

After selecting "Copy to Compiler" on the QB Raw tab, it appears Projection Pal is overwriting the QB name on all rows with the first name on my list (Aaron Rodgers). It seems like most of the data copies over OK, but the raw tab appears incorrect. Not sure what this impacts, if anything, but appears to look incorrect.

This happened to someone else and it was completely baffling as to why. Now, for some reason it corrected itself for him. I suspected he had used formulas to input the player names from another spreadsheet instead of copying in values (flat data). Did you do that by chance?

Thanks for the quick reply.

To answer your question though - no, I'm copying projections from another site instead of importing them but none of the player names are formulas, just straight FirstName + LastName. The first challenge is that I can't import directly into Projection Pal as the site I'm using appends the position and team with the player name (e.g. Aaron Rodgers (QB, GB)). If you'd like to see for yourself, here's an example of what I tried to import: http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/projections/qb.php?filters=11:24:71:152:153:227:286.

So, I opted to manually export the data from the site into a spreadsheet (via their export to spreadsheet option). In doing so, this exports the data with only a player name (no position or team) in the first column, which should work better. I then copy the results from the spreadsheet into projection pal, ensure the column headers are appropriate and click on Copy to Compiler. It only copies over the first player info and updates all player names to Aaron Rodgers. Can you please help?

You can send me your copy of Pal and I'll take a look at it.

Also, we could split out the names from the (Team, Pos) part pretty easy copying it as is into Pal. Say you copied the table direct into Pal. Then I would copy the names + (team, pos) column and paste it one column to the left. Then highlight that first column with the names + (team, pos) and use Data > Text to Columns > Delimited and choose the "Other" checkbox putting a "(" as the delimiter. Hit Ok. That will split the column into two columns along the "(" for every player.

Thanks, I tried your suggestion of copying it and pasting it and using a delimiter (in column 12) and still had the same issue that it didn't copy over. I will email you the files for your input. Thanks

Thanks, I tried your suggestion of copying it and pasting it and using a delimiter (in column 12) and still had the same issue that it didn't copy over. I will email you the files for your input. Thanks

Hey did you ever figure this out? I'm trying to get data from the same site and having a lot of issues, only I'm not very computer savvy.

jtolenick is taken care of, so no reason we can't do the same for you, rrj86. What specifically is the problem? Can't split apart the data between the player's name and the other stuff (team, pos)?

jtolenick is taken care of, so no reason we can't do the same for you, rrj86. What specifically is the problem? Can't split apart the data between the player's name and the other stuff (team, pos)?

I honestly don't know what the problem is exactly. I follow all the steps but when I try to copy the data to the Draft Buddy for site B it ends up blank in the draft buddy. I'm pretty sure I did everything right. I saved the DB and the PP to the same file type as ."xlsm". I also made sure to copy the file name for the draft buddy exactly as it appears on my pc when entering it in the projection pal. I draft Saturday and don't have too much time to work on this. Then once I fix that issue, assuming I do, will I run into the same naming issue you're talking about? Of course my limited knowledge on computers probably isn't helping much. Whatever you can do is appreciated, thanks!

Send me your copy of Pal and I'll take a look, and test it out over here.