Sign in to follow this  
djprotege

Mendenhall off PUP

Steelers have taken Mendenhall off PUP. They are hurting real bad at RB looks like they want him back

Thoughts?

He's the only quality RB on the team imo. I'd take an 80% Mende over a 100% Redman/Dwyer any day. Redman/Dwyer are career back-up's, nothing more. Dwyer is a poor mans Hightower, both having similar build and skill-sets as Redman.

My own speculation is that they are desparate. I believe they are taking him off the pup in hopes of a miracle that he is able to start the season. He can still be put on the pup list for the season if his recovery isnt far enough along. They are willing to gamble during training camp and cut ine guy off the roster to make room for mendenhall.

As a Steelers fan, with Redman already injured, the only back I'd touch is Rainey really late, particularly in PPR. If Mendenhall falls past round 6 or so, then I might take him figuring he could be useful late in the season, but I'm not on the Steelers RB bandwagon until the offensive line gels and Mendenhall gets healthy.

He can still be put on the pup list for the season if his recovery isnt far enough along.

Nope, once you're off PUP, you're off PUP. He'll be deactivated on a week-to-week basis if he's not ready.

I just scooped Mendy up and dropped my kicker until i figure out what the deal is :unsure:

Nope, once you're off PUP, you're off PUP. He'll be deactivated on a week-to-week basis if he's not ready.

I think he can be placed back on the PUP list as long as he hasn't practiced with the team...?

I think he can be placed back on the PUP list as long as he hasn't practiced with the team...?

Nope. Once you come off the preseason PUP, you are either on the active roster or you go on IR. There is no going back to PUP.

Nope. Once you come off the preseason PUP, you are either on the active roster or you go on IR. There is no going back to PUP.

Well why the hell would you put a guy on the preseason pup if he has a shot to come back during camp? Is the 1 ectra roster spot really that important in preseason? O well im not the expert so i guess it is worth it.

It's pretty simple. It didn't make any sense for him to start the season on the PUP. That means he's out until at least week 7. It doesn't take nearly that long to heal from an ACL injury. Peterson is already back off of the same time frame. Welker was back in 2010 to start the season with the same injury and same time frame. It didn't make sense from the jump that he would end up on the PUP to start the season.

It's pretty simple. It didn't make any sense for him to start the season on the PUP. That means he's out until at least week 7. It doesn't take nearly that long to heal from an ACL injury. Peterson is already back off of the same time frame. Welker was back in 2010 to start the season with the same injury and same time frame. It didn't make sense from the jump that he would end up on the PUP to start the season.

Exactly

If Mende is there for me in the 11th, thinking about taking him, RB's so far are Lynch/McGhaee/Ridley.