Sign in to follow this  
tcdrake

Custom Scoring

I have read some other posts but apparently my brain is a little slow today as I am still not sure how to do this.

In our league we get the following....

3 points for 300-399 yards passing and 3 points for 400+ yards passing. Where do I make this change and what values do I input?

3 points for 100-199 yards rushed and 3 points for 200+ yards rushed. Where do I make this change and what values do I input (QB/RB)?

3 points for 100-199 yards receiving and 3 points for 200+ yards receiving. Where do I make this change and what values do I input (QB/WR)?

Sorry for what is probably a very easy change. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Hi tcdrake. First off, you can just go to the regular scoring tab and you'll see scoring options for 300+ yard passing games (QB) and 100+ yard rushing or receiving games (QB, RB, WR, TE). Input 3 FF Pts for each of those (Per 1 game), and that will take care of the first level of each of your categories.

Now for what I'll call super bonuses, another 3 points for a 400/200/200 yard pass/rush/receiving game, you need to ask yourself if it is worth incorporating this into your rankings. Those games are more on the rare side than 300/100/100, which is why we don't have scoring options or project them. Here are the steps however, if you want to pursue it:

1. You need projections. Go to the QB tab, scroll to the right to find the Custom 1 field, and go down the list inputting projections for number of games you think each player will hit 400+ yards passing.

2. Now go to the custom scoring tab, and for Custom 1 under QBs, input 3 FF Pts (Per 1 game).

3. You'll need to hit Compile Cheatsheets to see the impact of that change on your cheatsheets.

Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each of RB, WR, TE.

Pretty simple. The most time consuming part would be adding the projections, but since these yardage levels don't happen very often you can run through it pretty quick.