Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Paul Ryan - "Rape is a method of conception"

"the method of conception doesn't change the definition of life"
:o

jesus christ. and I make fun of liberals for being focking wackos.

How can people defend this sh1t? :wall:

Last week, Paul Ryan gave an interview in which, defending his position that there should be no excuses for abortion, he referred to rape as a "method of conception."

Wow, right? Talk about a benign euphemism. Rape -- RAPE! -- is now a "method of conception." You know, like love-making, just without the love.

There could be no greater testament to the utter abdication of responsibility by what passes for a "news" media in America in 2012 than that, despite the grotesquerie of this cavalierly callous comment, chances are better than good that this is the first you're hearing of it.

Here, watch it -- and try to figure out why this has gotten NO MAINSTREAM MEDIA play (not even here at the Huffington Post) despite it being, to my mind, a far more offensive remark than Todd Akin's imbecilic blurt of last weekend. What, are we tired of stupid remarks about rape now, so Ryan gets a free pass?

Video is here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-slansky-/paul-ryan-said-something-_b_1832377.html

"Rape is a method of conception"

Hmmm.....I listened to the tape and nowhere in there could I find the quote you used.

Man, you Obamabots are on tilt. :lol:

"Rape is a method of conception"

Hmmm.....I listened to the tape and nowhere in there could I find the quote you used.

Man, you Obamabots are on tilt. :lol:

Even Romney said this guy was out of line. This has nothing to do with party backing.

I read that. He also co-authored legislation to ban abortion except in cases of "forcible" rape.

Nice choice their Mitt. You take a right-wing ideologue as running mate because he presented a fake budget. Well played.

:lol:

Even Romney said this guy was out of line. This has nothing to do with party backing.

I made a post yesterday about how liberals are brain dead. I'm sure towing the obama line :overhead:

I'd say it's the preferred method of conception. There is little to no spooning and cuddling afterwards. You didn't pay for the date. There is no awkward "I'll call you" since you can jump them again when you want to see them again. No paternity suit since you wear a mask.

Win. Win.

the quote itself is true...

rape IS a method of conception... any idiot knows that sex can = pregnancy...

so anyone getting riled up over that phrase is retarded... where the issue lies is what you believe a woman's rights should be after conception... rape or not

so anyone getting riled up over that phrase is retarded... where the issue lies is what you believe a woman's rights should be after conception... rape or not

I don't think anyone is getting riled up over the phrase. I think people are getting riled up by Ryan's freakish belief that women who are raped should considering carrying their rapist's child to term. That, and the right-wing's attempt to differentiate legitimate / forcible rape from other forms of rape, so as to imply that things like date rape aren't so bad so you might as well have the little tyke.

It's not the phrase that's offensive. It's the condescending, moronic opinions. :thumbsup:

the quote is

"the method of conception doesn't change the definition of life"

that is wrong

so it doesn't matter to you whether it's rape, incest, or a helthy marriage that leads to the conception - the decision to abort is on equal ground regardless of conception circumstances?

having an abortion b/c of rape or incest is no different to you than having a 4th abortion simply b/c it's your preffered method of "contraception"?

this is completly different than what I think, but I'm interested to understand why you feel this way.

so it doesn't matter to you whether it's rape, incest, or a helthy marriage that leads to the conception - the decision to abort is on equal ground regardless of conception circumstances?

having an abortion b/c of rape or incest is no different to you than having a 4th abortion simply b/c it's your preffered method of "contraception"?

this is completly different than what I think, but I'm interested to understand why you feel this way.

I think that we are misunderstanding eachother... I have no problem with abortion... i was arguing the quote itself isn't inflammatory... as well as the most recent one he quoted saying.

"the method of conception doesn't change the definition of life".

the quote in itself is true... (to me anyway) I believe that after conception it IS a human life... i guess i'm one of the few people that believes this AND also is ok with abortion. I think refering to it as a 'clump of cells' or 'an inanimate object before term' is a way for people to feel ok about taking that life; a way to make themselves feel better. I think that it shouldn't be spun to lighten the situation. If that makes me a sick bastage so be it... (i won't go into my views on sick and dying patients as well... but they are along the same lines.)

I think that we are misunderstanding eachother... I have no problem with abortion... i was arguing the quote itself isn't inflammatory... as well as the most recent one he quoted saying.

the quote in itself is true... (to me anyway) I believe that after conception it IS a human life... i guess i'm one of the few people that believes this AND also is ok with abortion. I think refering to it as a 'clump of cells' or 'an inanimate object before term' is a way for people to feel ok about taking that life; a way to make themselves feel better. I think that it shouldn't be spun to lighten the situation. If that makes me a sick bastage so be it... (i won't go into my views on sick and dying patients as well... but they are along the same lines.)

nothing here to see. they're playing on scared money. dogs don't bark at parked cars.

I just don't understand WHY various republicans even get into this sh!t.

Anyone with a lick of sense would stay as far away from using the word "rape" in his campaign as possible. But these idiots are lining up to say incredibly stupid sh!t about rape and abortion. I mean stupid in the sense that it is costing them votes. Ask any woman... this sh!t is pissing them off.

Anyone with a lick of sense would stay as far away from using the word "rape" in his campaign as possible. But these idiots are lining up to say incredibly stupid sh!t about rape and abortion. I mean stupid in the sense that it is costing them votes. Ask any woman... this sh!t is pissing them off.

:thumbsup:

Sometimes more is less, just shut the fock up already and talk about things that matter

thanks for the honest reply.

I disagree a bit on whether or not the quote is "inflammatory" - I understand the thought process behind defining, "when life begins" but in the end, even hinting that an abortion after rape/incest is the same as abortoin simply b/c of convenience is at worst ignorant and insensitive and at best just poor communication - as TBBOM said above, why even go near this righ now? and especially why do it so callously?

You need to watch the video again. Ryan didn't bring up rape, he was asked a question and gave a direct answer. He said he was on the Romney ticket, and that Romney makes exceptions for rape, incest, and the health of the mother.

Nowhere did he say "Rape is a form of contraception". That quote was fabricated by the lying sack, Edjr.

Hth

thanks for the honest reply.

I disagree a bit on whether or not the quote is "inflammatory" - I understand the thought process behind defining, "when life begins" but in the end, even hinting that an abortion after rape/incest is the same as abortoin simply b/c of convenience is at worst ignorant and insensitive and at best just poor communication - as TBBOM said above, why even go near this righ now? and especially why do it so callously?

i can agree with that... as a few people have already said... WTF are they brining these topics up for... some politics would be to put these at arm's length

Part of it may be that a majority of the country is currently anti-abortion, and the percentage is climbing every year. I suppose some Republicans are jumping on the bandwagon.

According to Obama ... did the rapist really rape that person? didn't he have help along the way -- so I guess we raped that person

You need to watch the video again.

Nowhere did he say "Rape is a form of contraception". That quote was fabricated by the lying sack, Edjr.

you need to read the thread title again - CONCEPTION.

the interviewer asked Ryan how he felt about abortion in a rape/incest situation and Ryan responded with , "well I've always been very proud of my pro life position and... the method of conception doesn't change the definiiton of life". He went on to say that he's on Romney's ticket and as Pres., Romney will make the policy and that policy would include exceptions for rape/incest, "and that's a vast improvement over where we are now".

So, while edjr's "quote" isn't accurate, Paul Ryan is pretty clear that he's not for any exceptions and doesn't care what the method of conception is.

the interviewer asked Ryan how he felt about abortion in a rape/incest situation and Ryan responced with , "well I've always been very proud of my pro life position and... the method of conception doesn't change the definiiton of life". He went on to say that he's on Romney's ticket and as Pres., Romney will make the policy and that policy would include exceptions for rape/incest, "and that's a vast improvement over where we are now".

So, while edjr's "quote" isn't accurate, Paul Ryan is pretty clear that he's not for any exceptions and doesn't care what the method of conception is.

thanks. Got the two words crossed up.

thanks. Got the two words crossed up.

back to the cave troll

back to the cave troll

Meh. Had contraception in my head from the Todd Akin story.

So let me ask you this: Why the outrage on your part? Are you saying conception can't result from rape? That would put you in Akin country, Corky.

Had contraception in my head

That's because you're a d1ckhead.

hth

Part of it may be that a majority of the country is currently anti-abortion, and the percentage is climbing every year. I suppose some Republicans are jumping on the bandwagon.

Against abortion? Sure. I get that. Get up there and talk about pro-life, yadda yadda, makes sense.

But why the need to go to the ugliest, extreme case, and tell people "You have to carry your rape babies to term!" Its just stupid.

But why the need to go to the ugliest, extreme case, and tell people "You have to carry your rape babies to term!" Its just stupid.

I just don't understand how anyone that hasn't been in or experienced that very difficult situation can claim to know what's right/best/etc or have some absolute opinion.

OK, Paully - so you're wife/daughter is raped an now carrying a child. Is it just another method of conception to you then? Will you just go right ahead and "raise that little rape b@stard" like one of your own... and will you call him that, "that litlle rape b@stard" - I mean, after all, that's WHAT he is, so why shy away from it. Conception is conception. B@stards are B@stards and we should just call ';em what they are.

the interviewer asked Ryan how he felt about abortion in a rape/incest situation and Ryan responded with , "well I've always been very proud of my pro life position and... the method of conception doesn't change the definiiton of life". He went on to say that he's on Romney's ticket and as Pres., Romney will make the policy and that policy would include exceptions for rape/incest, "and that's a vast improvement over where we are now".

makes sense to me.

what doesn't make sense to me is the dooshie limp wristed lib press that keeps harpin' on the rape & incest cases of abortion...which are about maybe .0000000000001% of all abortions. that's the fockin' thing they cling to rationalize legal baby killin'. sweet :thumbsup:

makes sense to me.

what doesn't make sense to me is the dooshie limp wristed lib press that keeps harpin' on the rape & incest cases of abortion...which are about maybe .0000000000001% of all abortions. that's the fockin' thing they cling to rationalize legal baby killin'.

How can MDC feign righteous indignation over drunk white sorority girls?

makes sense to me.

what doesn't make sense to me is the dooshie limp wristed lib press that keeps harpin' on the rape & incest cases of abortion...which are about maybe .0000000000001% of all abortions. that's the fockin' thing they cling to rationalize legal baby killin'. sweet :thumbsup:

Ryan co-sponsored legislation last year that would ban taxpayer funding for abortions except in cases of "forcible" rape. He's also backed bans on partial birth abortion, abortion after 20 weeks, and co-sponsored legislation with Akin to give fertilized eggs legal rights from conception.

But it's the lib presses fault for asking him about the pro-life record he's supposedly proud of? :wacko:

Ryan co-sponsored legislation last year that would ban taxpayer funding for abortions except in cases of "forcible" rape. He's also backed bans on partial birth abortion, abortion after 20 weeks.

If Ryan is so proud of his record why are his supporters all whiny and butthurt about the media asking him about it? :dunno:

If Ryan is so proud of his record why are his supporters all whiny and butthurt about the media asking him about it? :dunno:

I didn't know they were. :dunno:

I didn't know they were. :dunno:

Scroll up to porkbutt complaining that the media's asking Ryan about his weird views! :doh:

According to Obama ... did the rapist really rape that person? didn't he have help along the way -- so I guess we raped that person

You didn't rape that! Somewhere along the way, somebody helped you.

I'm still trying to figure out why the bored libturds are outraged over the quote Ed doctored. On it's face it is correct.

Conception denotes a female's egg being fertilized. Either you clowns don't know this, or you are all a bunch of Todd Akin followers and think a woman can flip a switch and prevent conception during a rape.

Which is it, Boys?