took Jimmy Graham with the #4 pick

in a ppr

what do you guys think?

its a huge gamble but i loved having 20 pts every week from my te

in a ppr

what do you guys think?

Post ur team and then I'll give you my thoughts

That wouldn't have been my pick... Calvin Johnson would have been a better gamble IMO...

1) A. Forster

2) R.Rice

3) L. McCoy

4) I take Calvin here, maybe Aaron Rodgers, too early for Jimmy G. here...

if you suscbibe to vbd, graham is actually a top 8 pick. 4 is too high though, considering the top 3 rbs all catch passes and you gotta take rodgers at 4...

That wouldn't have been my pick... Calvin Johnson would have been a better gamble IMO...

1) A. Forster

2) R.Rice

3) L. McCoy

4) I take Calvin here, maybe Aaron Rodgers, too early for Jimmy G. here...

:thumbsup:

in a ppr

what do you guys think?

No.4 is a major roll of the dice although I'm sure you didn't think he'd come back to you at your 2nd round pick. Good luck!

im in a one -player keeper league and i used a no. 7 overall pick on graham.

for my money, he was the no. 2 receiver on my cheat sheet, regardless of position, right behind calvin.

ballsy move to be sure, but i feel good about it.

if you suscbibe to vbd, graham is actually a top 8 pick. 4 is too high though, considering the top 3 rbs all catch passes and you gotta take rodgers Megatron at 4...

wow. I cringed a little when I took J.Graham at # 13 in my league.

It's risky but far from a horrible move considering the question marks in the first round. IMO, the advantage of having someone like Graham on your squad in PPR is large enough to justify a first rounder for sure, the earliest at take him would be at 1.07 depending on whether CJ2K and DMC were available. To put it into perspective, Graham and Gronk put up blatent WR1 #s last year. The next tier consisted of Hern, Gonzo, Witten and Grew who essentially put up WR2 #s (in 1PPR). If you didn't have one of those guys, you were essentially forced to start a WR3 or worse week in and week out. When you put that into perspective, that's a huge advantage. It's like saying, "Hey, we both have a slot to fill, I get to start Roddy White, you HAVE to start Jabar Gaffeny if you're LUCKY (most TEs produced much worse than Gaffney). With TE usage increasing by roughly 2% each year, they will only become more fantasy relevant.

Ok I am the biggest Graham supporter out there having him in 4/5 of my leagues and drafting him twice in the first round. Once at 6th overall and another at 8th overall. If I had a top 4 pick I would be going with Rodgers or Calvin for sure over Graham. Reason being is you have a decent chance that either Gronk or Graham will fall to you in the second round. Maybe this doesn't happen but with those 2 guys on the board I would have to draft one of them first. Unless of course TE get extra points like they did in the league I took him 6th over all (While RB and WR get .1 pts for receiving yards, TE get .15 points, awesome right?).

The league I took him 8th overall the top 3 QB were gone and I was looking at Graham or Mcfadden in ppr. I really wanted to draft Mcfadden but I felt taking the injury risk in round 1 just wasn't the smart decision. I actually have a feeling Mcfadden will play all year but it is still an unnecessary risk considering how good Graham is when considering VBD.

So it all depends on what the rest of your team looks like, though at this point in time most peoples teams look the same. The same combinations of top ranked WR, TE, QB, and RB. It is really relative to who is viewing it as to where your team gets ranked in the public eye. Some will say it sucks, others will say its good. We will not truly know how our drafts went until a few games into the season. My rankings are different that most peoples so when I draft a team a lot of people think it sucks when I think I have the best team in the league hands down, poised to score the most points per week.

Too early. Like other posters said you had possibility of him coming back. If not, than you could have picked up Gates or Hernandez in later rounds. Couldn't pass up Mega with that pick. I could see picking Graham at end of first or anywhere in the second because of all the risk that comes with some of the RB's. Depending on what site you use he's easily a top 5 WR and belongs ahead of most of the receivers ranked in those draft spots.

I took Matt Forte at 1.16 and Jimmy Graham at 2.17 as the last drafter in my 16-teamer. It is non-PPR and I drafted about 2 weeks ago but I still don't have a warm fuzzy feeling, especially since I have rape-burger as my QB1 and whoever is left on the waiver wire as my backup (Sanchez/Weeden). This league also starts 3 WR's so I'm pretty thin....to say the least, and my WR1 is Colston. NO better put up ridiculous points or I'm SOL. Good thing this is just a $40 league. I feel like I drafted drunk. Cool story though bah.

So to answer your question - Yes, taking Graham at 1.04 was way too early.

I personally took Jimmy at 2.04. In my draft Tier 1 QBS went first, and the fourth pick was Arian Foster. Fourth pick in first round is too high considering you have the option to get either 1 of the 3 elite RBs or 1 of the 3 or 4 elite QBs.

ive been waiting then overreaching for gates. so brady and gates or graham and romo or whoever. no thanks.

read more slowly.

:dunno: :wacko: :blink:

:wall:

ive been waiting and drafting gates instead of your mom at te. even though i had to reach in some cases for gates id still rather pair him with cpt dreamboat instead of your crumby qb and jimmy graham. to each their own.

I dont think 1st round is a stretch, my opinion while not popular, is he can put up Megatron numbers. Crappy D, Drew Brees, and a MAN amongst children. 4 is too early. But hey, you got your guy so you can sleep peacefully, he wouldnt have been there on the comeback.

You guys underestimate the f'd up off season, Goddell gate, coach and player suspensions, and a missing head coach, otherwise they should be fine... MB

PS. that said I still love colston, he's my boy...

ive been waiting and drafting gates instead of your mom at te. even though i had to reach in some cases for gates id still rather pair him with cpt dreamboat instead of your crumby qb and jimmy graham to each their own.

He didn't even post his team dummy.. Say hi to grammar next time though.

You guys underestimate the f'd up off season, Goddell gate, coach and player suspensions, and a missing head coach, otherwise they should be fine... MB

PS. that said I still love colston, he's my boy...

Posting drunk?

Colston is your boy because he's 6'4" 225, runs predictable routes and maintains his 1000/7 average year in & year out.

Graham is 6'7" 265 and outruns CB's, not to mention he's been a TE in pro football for about 2 years. Maybe you should be the defensive coordinator trying to shut him down. Good luck. Not possible. You find me a 7' CB/LB and you might have a chance.

If I had a choice between a TE on a declining offence, a QB that might throw 50, or a WR that could catch 20, there's no way I take door one. I hope it works out for you, but you'll never see me take a TE at #4, even if it was Jesus Christ.