Sign in to follow this  
Evil Genius

CBS Fantasy Issues, AGAIN

Once again, CBS is giving me stabbing pains.

I have three leagues on CBS - when I had a small oversight on my scoring system and tried to fix it Wednesday night, the whole system would not save any changes, and then it appeared the system prompted me to pay for the League - a 2nd time.

An e-mail to the Support Dept got me an answer two days later saying 'problem is resolved' - with no information as to what happened, and no apology.

Now, just recently, they have added Flex positions as seperate and distinct positions that can be/must be (not sure) scored seperately. Well - not all their Flex positions - just SOME....fakk !

Furthermore, if you have special scoring for QBs, TE's or whatever (we do) the system will no longer recognize the position of the player 'Flexed'.

So if I have a TE going, and another TE in the Flex, it scores the 1st TE as a TE, but the 2nd TE as a Flex (not a TE - and thus negates their special scoring). Since I cannot set up the Flex slots to be TE-specific (because a RB or WR could go there), the guy who drafted Gronk and Graham at our auction - attempting to capitalize on our special scoring - should be none too pleased when he finds this out.

To top it off, CBS recently revamped their interface, mostly to mimick Yahoo leagues, I think. And frankly, it sucks. Needlessly complex and clumsy, hard to figure out.

Customer support is crappy. Highest fee out there.

Dear lord, somebody commiserate with me.

Yeah i think this is the last year we are with CBS......they removed the Pickem, moved things around....it sucks.

Once again, CBS is giving me stabbing pains.

I have three leagues on CBS - when I had a small oversight on my scoring system and tried to fix it Wednesday night, the whole system would not save any changes, and then it appeared the system prompted me to pay for the League - a 2nd time.

An e-mail to the Support Dept got me an answer two days later saying 'problem is resolved' - with no information as to what happened, and no apology.

Now, just recently, they have added Flex positions as seperate and distinct positions that can be/must be (not sure) scored seperately. Well - not all their Flex positions - just SOME....fakk !

Furthermore, if you have special scoring for QBs, TE's or whatever (we do) the system will no longer recognize the position of the player 'Flexed'.

So if I have a TE going, and another TE in the Flex, it scores the 1st TE as a TE, but the 2nd (the Flex) as a Flex - not a TE (and negates their special scoring). Since I cannot toggle the Flex slots to be TE-specific (because a RB or WR could go there), the guy who drafted Gronk and Graham at our auction - attempting to capitalize on our special scoring - should be none too pleased when he finds this out.

To top it off, CBS recently revamped their interface, mostly to mimick Yahoo leagues, I think. And frankly, it sucks. Needlessly complex and clumsy, hard to figure out.

Customer support is crappy. Highest fee out there.

Dear lord, somebody commiserate with me.

I had the same issue. My scoring system that worked fine last year stopped working for those positions that have position specific scoring. I tried in vain all morning to revise it but it wouldn't save any of my changes. I wrote CBS. Before I got a response, I removed all positional scoring, and saved my league with that option turned off at the global level. Then I turned that option back on and saved the league again. When I did that, I was able to add my position specific scoring.

Today I got the email from CBS explaining where the checkbox was for position specific scoring. Yeah thanks, I hadn't figured that out yet.

I've always defended CBS as a solid product, EXCEPT for their support which is terrible. Now their roster interface blows as well. And if what you are saying about flex positions not scoring as their base position, I'm screwed. I'm going to go check that now.

the interface is awful and the site crashes my phone browser every time i use it. in response they introduced an app which is probably the worst app ever as well. not sure whats going on at that place but i agree its all around wack.

Yeah just confirmed it. The WR-TE-RB flex scores everything as base and I have different scoring for WR/TE than RB. Sux.

Yeah just confirmed it. The WR-TE-RB flex scores everything as base and I have different scoring for WR/TE than RB. Sux.

This is big issue that would have affected drafts. Like the Gronk/Graham guy I talked about above.

Yet, there would have been many of us that had no idea until NOW - Week 1. Why? Simply because you had to toggle buttons, explore and make changes in your scoring system to find out, when your scoring system would likely be entirely unchanged if you used CBS last year.

If your League has slightly inflated scoring for one position, and that position is eligible in a Flex slot, then of course you would reach earlier for that position.

Now, with these new changes, you don't get that scoring benefit and your Draft strategy is shot - and there's me, the Commish, shrugging my shoulders and saying 'sorry man' at Week 1 because I had no realistic means of knowing.

Double Fakk.

This is big issue that would have affected drafts. Like the Gronk/Graham guy I talked about above.

Yet, there would have been many of us that had no idea until NOW - Week 1. Why? Simply because you had to toggle buttons, explore and make changes in your scoring system to find out, when your scoring system would likely be entirely unchanged if you used CBS last year.

If your League has slightly inflated scoring for one position, and that position is eligible in a Flex slot, then of course you would reach earlier for that position.

Now, with these new changes, you don't get that scoring benefit and your Draft strategy is shot - and there's me, the Commish, shrugging my shoulders and saying 'sorry man' at Week 1 because I had no realistic means of knowing.

Double Fakk.

My team would be triple fakked had this been in our MFL league. I have two leagues on CBS and I know one of my 'mish had an issue with the scoring, but it was a small one and nothing like yours. It just didn't transfer over scoring from last year and luckily I noticed that something was off before the first game.

The one CBS league we do not start any flex. It is just your standard QB RB RB WR WR TE K DEF. Also all positions are standard scoring with no ppr so this issue doesn't affect my league. I will say though that I am really starting to hate CBS. Unless I go to google and enter the CBS website on my phone through this route, the grabage asss mobile site is horse sh1t. Also the app sucks major donkey balls. I am going to talk to my 'mish and see if he wants to change sites. I know we have been wanting to switch but I guess the scoring doesn't transfer the same from CBS to ESPN. I never have had a problem with ESPN.

Another site that was wack is fanball. We went to CBS from fanball because the scoring was ALWAYS messed up.

Double Fakk.

I've not played on CBS in many years because I refuse to pay for a fantasy hosting site to begin with. I think it's a waste of money, but that's beside the point. I can't believe the Flex position doesn't recognize the player's position. That's a MAJOR issue and I assume a lot of leagues will be going through the same problem.

I assume CBS allows the commishioner to make manual scoring adjustments? It's a pain in the a$$ for you but I would say it's the only fair thing to do for the league. On Monday night you would just have to go in and adjust the scoring at the flex positions so that it is correct based on your league rules that everyone based their draft on.

Double Fakk.

What I'm going to have to do is remove the flex for RB,WR, TE, add a flex for WR/TE and up the RB position limit by 1. The problem now is that it will allow you to set an illegal linuep but it's better than manually scoring the flex.

Instead of adding a flex, why not set up your roster with some flexibility built in. Start between 2-3 rbs for example.

You get what you pay fo.... Oh wait. :doh:

I have no idea why people pay for something that's free at so many different sites. So much for the flexible line up defense. :dunno:

You get what you pay fo.... Oh wait. :doh:

I have no idea why people pay for something that's free at so many different sites. So much for the flexible line up defense. :dunno:

Would you mind reccomending a good free one? We just moved to CBS from our previous site because the injury updates were always wrong or outdated, the scoring had issues, etc...

ESPN is my preferred. Yahoo is ok.

I'm surprised ESPN has a free commish program, I stopped going there when any information you wanted you had to pay for.

Im having problems getting to league info from my cell phone. Is anyone else having problems trying to acess league info from cbs via cell phone

Instead of adding a flex, why not set up your roster with some flexibility built in. Start between 2-3 rbs for example.

Excellent suggestion. This is the way we set it up and it works fine.

I figured this out, and applied the solution as you suggest.

But not without having to manually correct 12 line-ups in three leagues, because the FLEX magic continues.

Im having problems getting to league info from my cell phone. Is anyone else having problems trying to acess league info from cbs via cell phone

This is how I run my league too. We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 swing (RB/WR/TE), 1 K and 1 TM. So in my settings I allow a minimum of 2 RBs and maximum of 3 RBs, minimum of 2 WRs and maximum of 3 WRs, and minimum of 1 TE and maximum of 2 TEs. Then for the starting roster, I set the minimum and maximum at 9.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I do have another problem, however:

There were two cases in our FAAB that ran on Wednesday morning (all manually confirmed by me) where I believe the tie-breaking and nominating procedures applied were incorrect:

1. In 2 cases, a tie between Team A & Team B was awarded to Team A, even though Team A had won a bid more recently in the current FAAB than Team B.

2. Team C had Jacquizz Rodgers listed first at $5, and then Nate Washington at $5. However, Washington was nominated first (with no other bids), and Team C was awarded Washington. Rodgers was nominated next, and Team C & Team D both bid $5, with Team D being awarded Rodgers because Team C had just been awarded Washington.

I'm not sure if the FAAB process just went haywire or if CBS changed the rules without telling me. I checked the FAAB topic in the Help area, and the description of the FAAB process is missing A LOT of the detail available previously which explained all of the nominating and tie-breaking procedures very well.

If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it (I also sent an email to CBS asking for clarification).