Sign in to follow this  
Ramrock

CJ2k is a joke

The sky is falling! He sucks! The sky is falling!

One thing I've learned in 20+ years of FF is that week 1 is not worth getting all worked up over. Some guys have bad games and everyone says he's terrible, and some guys have good games and everyone thinks they are the second coming.

CJ will have a much better year than last year, take it to the bank. Will he hit 2K yards ever again???? Highly doubtful, but has anyone ever done it twice?

Barring injury, he will be a top 10 back. Do not trade him, and if his owner is panicking, trade for him.

have him in 2 leagues (picks 8 & 9) and was happy with him falling to me...think he's a great buy low candidate right now for those who don't own him

CJ will be just fine... he caught 6 passes and they only let him run 11 times. NE in reality has the best run defense now... sure he could have done better and he will. You guys are fools if you are dumping him now

I'm going to say it again and again and again.

His yards per average have dropped from 5.4 to 4.3 to 4.0 the past 3 years.

He also looked a lot heavier on film.

This is NOT the same player as the 2,000 yard guys we saw a few years back.

Don't forget- the 2,000 yard season was fabricated by a coach and a team with nothing else going for them. Down the stretch,they game planned with the sole intention of reaching that 2,000 yard milestone.

One thing I've learned in 20+ years of FF is that week 1 is not worth getting all worked up over. Some guys have bad games and everyone says he's terrible, and some guys have good games and everyone thinks they are the second coming.

CJ will have a much better year than last year, take it to the bank. Will he hit 2K yards ever again???? Highly doubtful, but has anyone ever done it twice?

Barring injury, he will be a top 10 back. Do not trade him, and if his owner is panicking, trade for him.

it is worth getting worked up over, but coming off last year 4 rushing yards (is what i believe he had), is a major concern. i definitely wouldnt be selling him just yet but still a major concern.

I drafted CJ at 11 since I thought the value was worth it at that point. Yes 4yds rushing is a concern, but still only 1 week. I will wait 2 more games (@SD, DET) to see how he does before thinking about trading him. No use trading him now when his value is so low.

I am a Titans fan. I have watched every single carry CJ has ever had. With that in mind...

1. This isn't just a week 1 thing. He sucked all last year.

2. If you actually WATCH him, it is clear that he isn't the same guy. He tries to cut everything back. He refuses to lower his shoulder and push for the tough yard. He doesn't hit the hole with authority, he dances.

And worst of all... he regularly goes down untouched. Just stops running and assumes the fetal position.

and from the rumors I'm hearing on local sports radio, the rest of the team is beginning to grumble.

If you ask me, he's in danger of being demoted in the near future.

Oh, and aside from all that, our offensive line is focking PUTRID.

CJ ain't gonna be top 10 this season. MAYBE in a ppr he'll sneak into the 10 spot, but only because there are so few good backs out there. And you'll notice, reynaud took a lot of his work as a receiver already. And Ringer was out with an infection.

The writing, imho, is on the wall. CJ is done.

I am a Titans fan. I have watched every single carry CJ has ever had. With that in mind...

1. This isn't just a week 1 thing. He sucked all last year.

2. If you actually WATCH him, it is clear that he isn't the same guy. He tries to cut everything back. He refuses to lower his shoulder and push for the tough yard. He doesn't hit the hole with authority, he dances.

And worst of all... he regularly goes down untouched. Just stops running and assumes the fetal position.

and from the rumors I'm hearing on local sports radio, the rest of the team is beginning to grumble.

If you ask me, he's in danger of being demoted in the near future.

Oh, and aside from all that, our offensive line is focking PUTRID.

CJ ain't gonna be top 10 this season. MAYBE in a ppr he'll sneak into the 10 spot, but only because there are so few good backs out there. And you'll notice, reynaud took a lot of his work as a receiver already. And Ringer was out with an infection.

The writing, imho, is on the wall. CJ is done.

Agreed, as someone who had CJ the last 3 years and watched him closely. He is just not that good. I got him on the cheap last year in a trade and he still sucked. I stayed away this year... but he is not a type of consistent RB you need in FF. He'll have a couple of good weeks that will make you keep starting him.. and then 8+ crappy weeks where you're pulling out your hair. goodluck

I'll offer you a bag of fritos. Not the big bag, the one from the vending machine.

On gotitans.com, we have a thread listing things longer than CJ's run total today. So far...

1. The world's longest measured dump.

2. The watermelon seed spitting record (4 times longer).

3. A giraffe lying down.

We are recommending that the Titans cut CJ and sign a giraffe. If it holds the ball in its mouth, and falls forward, then we will have a much improved running game.

Could not stop laughing for a good 30 seconds... Nice work Sir. :lol:

I drafted CJ at 11 since I thought the value was worth it at that point. Yes 4yds rushing is a concern, but still only 1 week. I will wait 2 more games (@SD, DET) to see how he does before thinking about trading him. No use trading him now when his value is so low.

I'm not saying that's a bad strategy but as a CJ2K owner last year his value became worse the more bad games he piled up. He may be worth more now just on name recognition alone.

Thankfully I stayed away this year.