Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

What are the chances Julio Jones is the top WR this season?

I know it all depends on scoring but I think he has about a 1 in 3 chance of being the top WR. Even better than Megatron

Ummm 100%

just look below:)

Good call!! :thumbsup:

Chances are pretty damn good. He's the only guy that can challenge a healthy Megatron IMO.

Ummm 100%

just look below:)

As I look below, #2 is a concern... Nastrodammas like predictions though, Congrats.

Good call!! :thumbsup:

You are obviously not very familiar with Joc's track record on his yearly signature predictions. Joc's prediction of greatness may be worse than being on the Madden cover. I have a solid "sell" on Julio after seeing his sig line.

In all seriousness, I had Calvin alone at the top, and Brandon Marshall and Julio Jones alone in the 2nd tier. In my mind any of those three guys were the odds-on favorites to lead FF in scoring this year.

Percy Harvin belongs in this discussion.

I like Percy Harvin, but until he can score touchdowns he doesn't belong in this conversation. Plus, he doesn't have Matt Ryan or Mathew Stafford throwing to him.

Percy Harvin belongs in this discussion.

Okaaay, then Reggie Wayne belongs in this discussion. Or Dez Bryant perhaps... No no, Dwyane Bowe. No wait, one more... Marques Colston. :shocking:

I like Percy Harvin, but until he can score touchdowns he doesn't belong in this conversation. Plus, he doesn't have Matt Ryan or Mathew Stafford throwing to him.

Percy finished 2011 with 8 tds in his last 9 games and had boat loads of yards. I don't think he's in the category of the other guys but he can score.

Okaaay, then Reggie Wayne belongs in this discussion. Or Dez Bryant perhaps... No no, Dwyane Bowe. No wait, one more... Marques Colston. :shocking:

None of those guys are going to be a threat to be the leader in touches by a WR by a factor of 1.5. None of those guys were possibly WR1 the second half of last year depending on your scoring system. None of those guys are a full blown WR1 on their own team IN ADDITION to being a backup RB getting reliable every-game usage.

Percy definitely belongs in the discussion, and none of those other guys do. I see Percy as one of about 4 guys with a legit shot at #1 overall WR by year's end. Not because he's Megatron-talented. Just because he's going to get way more usage than any other WR in the game, barring something strange.

I know it all depends on scoring but I think he has about a 1 in 3 chance of being the top WR. Even better than Megatron

I dont think its going to happen. Not becuz of the offense or his abilities. I just see Roddy White eating up way too many of his opportunities. I think BOTH are going to have great years (over 1K yards and over 10TD) but not enough to earn the top spot.

"Until he can score touchdowns" - This would be my concern with Brandon Marshall. "Plus, he doesn't have Matt Ryan or Mathew Stafford throwing to him."

Percy finished 2011 with 8 tds in his last 9 games and had boat loads of yards. I don't think he's in the category of the other guys but he can score.

What has Percy done for us lately. To quote the oft misunderstood "Foreigner" - That was yesterday...

Good point. A lot of guys belong in the discussion because it's week 2 of the 2012 NFL season.

You are obviously not very familiar with Joc's track record on his yearly signature predictions. Joc's prediction of greatness may be worse than being on the Madden cover. I have a solid "sell" on Julio after seeing his sig line.

Hey now :lol:

If I put 4 out there every year, eventually one will hit you'd think:)

What has Percy done for us lately. To quote the oft misunderstood "Foreigner" - That was yesterday...

11 touches, 100+ yards in week one. For a down week, not too shabby. Once Peterson breaks down, which I still see as inevitable, he may go from WR1 plus backup RB all rolled into one, to WR1 plus RBBC back all rolled into one. :pointstosky:

But if you're stuck on what have you done for me lately, can I presume we're putting Stephen Hill and Kevin Ogletree into the discussion for top WR this year? Percy belongs because he was right there last year, and is looking to be in a position to build upon that this season, based on both opportunity AND how he was used week one.

11 touches, 100+ yards in week one. For a down week, not too shabby. Once Peterson breaks down, which I still see as inevitable, he may go from WR1 plus backup RB all rolled into one, to WR1 plus RBBC back all rolled into one. :pointstosky:

But if you're stuck on what have you done for me lately, can I presume we're putting Stephen Hill and Kevin Ogletree into the discussion for top WR this year? Percy belongs because he was right there last year, and is looking to be in a position to build upon that this season, based on both opportunity AND how he was used week one.

Ahh peterson is a lock to break down. Suppose i should trade him now before this happens? He looked good to me and there hasnt been any news of him that i have heard. In this case no news is good news.