Sign in to follow this  
JagFan

Chris Johnson

Is CJ worth trying to buy low? If you could get him cheap, like for Ridley, Morris..do you take the risk? Curios if it's worth taking a run at him. Can't imagine his value gets much worse unless this is a trend.

Chris Johnson is done man.

Don't fight the trend. You read about the issues, and he's done nothing to dispel it.

Yards per carry the last 4 years.

Currently after 2 games: 1.1 :shocking:

I bailed on him after week 1. Traded him and A.J. Green for Jamaal Charles and Titus Young. So far... not looking so great for me. Oops. His floor frightens me, though.

Heard a good stat: Chris Johnson has 21 total rushing yards for the year, and 23 yards after contact. Implies his O-line isn't doing a great job of preventing defensive penetration, eh?

I bailed on him after week 1. Traded him and A.J. Green for Jamaal Charles and Titus Young. So far... not looking so great for me. Oops. His floor frightens me, though.

Heard a good stat: Chris Johnson has 21 total rushing yards for the year, and 23 yards after contact. Implies his O-line isn't doing a great job of preventing defensive penetration, eh?

The term 'floor' just might not quiet capture the magnitude of what CJ appears to be compiling statiscally this yr??... If he continues it may very well necessitate some new FF verbage. I can't even begin to think of how to move this guy... and somehow I still hold out hope that he may become dependable/startable asap? But thats what I get for taking him in the 1st round, and somehow getting stuck on past performance/talent and overlooking other factors I guess? Sometimes I just cant get my mind to pass on certain things... Like the promise of Jerry Porter, for example. Or my current daily draw to (STL)Steve Smith's 2009 line of 107-1220-7?? Its like a drug or the old girlfriend that just haunts ya... I think by the time I would actually give all the way up on CJ, he'd probably be worth about TO, Janikowski and a pick switch.

Or he keeps. Top toeing and Bouncing it outside instead of sticking his nose in the hole for 4 yds.

CJ Spiller has 211 yards after contact this year.

That state is so useless if you don't actually list other players to compare to. I'm guessing that's why CJ0.8 fans refuse to list other RB's YAC average and totals,

CJ Spiller has 211 yards after contact this year.

That state is so useless if you don't actually list other players to compare to. I'm guessing that's why CJ0.8 fans refuse to list other RB's YAC average and totals,

He still has fans? :shocking:

To answer the OP, CJ is worth buying if his owner is trying to give him away. He certainly can't get any worse. But I wouldn't give up anyone of substantial value to get him.

I was offered Green-Ellis & Lloyd for CJ & Hartline.

I countered with CJ & Den. Moore for Peterson & Lloyd.

We'll see.

I would have taken Green-Ellis/Lloyd

Yup. You are little too greedy. More power to you if you get someone to give you AP and Lloyd but dont see any sane person giving you those 2. Unless they have been stoned out of their mind for the last 2 years.

Yup. You are little too greedy. More power to you if you get someone to give you AP and Lloyd but dont see any sane person giving you those 2. Unless they have been stoned out of their mind for the last 2 years.

Ha, guys , guess what, I read this and other posts, rethought my position, went back and emailed the other owner and dealt CJ + Cobb + Myers for Green-Ellis + Lloyd and Rudolph.

So thanks, that's what this board is for, I feel good 'bout things. Cheers.

Upon further review, turns out 1.3 yards after contact is the worst number for starting RBs in the league. So yes, this guy does suck, and no, that stat doesn't prove it's his O-line, turns out it's just further proof of his suckiness. I can't believe Shonn Greene has more yards after contact than CJ0.8 does, but it's true.

would you move CJ for alfred morris?

cj's offensive line isn't getting better and this zone scheme isn't ideal for his skill set, plus titans will likely be fairly bad this year and by the time fantasy playoffs come around (when his soft schedule comes into play) they might be letting locker throw it all over the yard 50 times a game..has been ineffective in the passing game, we know he can't block so defenses know he's going to be in a route if on the field on 3rd down

in morris (if shanny isn't up to old tricks) you're getting 15-20 touches a game with a solid offensive line and GL touches, but has a tough schedule weeks 11-16 (eagles twice, ravens, giants, cowboys, browns)

Upon further review, turns out 1.3 yards after contact is the worst number for starting RBs in the league. So yes, this guy does suck, and no, that stat doesn't prove it's his O-line, turns out it's just further proof of his suckiness. I can't believe Shonn Greene has more yards after contact than CJ0.8 does, but it's true.

He's not going to do his damage after contact because he's little. He's going to do damage finding a seam and busting it through without being touched. That's how he was so good in the past.

Thanks to all for the input. I backed off going after CJ last week based on these comments...glad I did. I just don't see a rebound here.