Sign in to follow this  
EyeOfDaTiga

Rumors of Nicks being Done?

nobody has reported this it's all hear say...,but him not even traveling with the team is not a good sign...i just picked up Hixon

nobody has reported this it's all hear say...,but him not even traveling with the team is not a good sign...i just picked up Hixon

nicks being done? Meaning done for yr?

nicks being done? Meaning done for yr?

No, for life. Find a hearse :rolleyes:

He practiced on Thursday for the first time since the game a week earlier and had swelling in the knee. That can mean a lot of things -it could be due to something serious, sure, but not necessarily. I highly doubt anyone reporting this rumor has any information beyond what I just stated.

NY Beat writers are pretty good when it comes to flushing out rumors and a few are well connected. If something like this was true, it would not remain silent for long.

I was able to grab Ramses in 2 leagues.

So yes Nicks is likely out of the year. I'm really really good at fantasy football. I tend to catch tons of good breaks and win all the time. And since I would benefit, that's a good indication he is done.

And one if the leagues I grabbed Barden in is a dynasty. So that's a solid indication that this injury may extend into next season and beyond. Again, I'm really really good at ff. I catch a ton of lucky breaks yearly.

So yes Nicks is likely out of the year. I'm really really good at fantasy football. I tend to catch tons of good breaks and win all the time. And since I would benefit, that's a good indication he is done.

And one if the leagues I grabbed Barden in is a dynasty. So that's a solid indication that this injury may extend into next season and beyond. Again, I'm really really good at ff. I catch a ton of lucky breaks yearly.

FWIW, opposite of your Crystall Ball, I don't have one and I can't seem to get a break this year.

I picked up Barden, so that means he'll get 40yards today, and Nicks will be back, and he goes back to the bench.

Here's a Barden dilemma: I needed a backup QB so I dropped Barden for Ponder Friday, only I accidentally dropped Bennett instead - clicked the wrong button on my iPhone. Under my league's strange waiver claim system I couldn't correct the mistake so I texted the commish and he was good enough to reverse it and emailed the league to explain what happened. Now I hear Nicks is out. I'd like to pick Barden up again but I think that would look shady and feel like I should wait a week and let him go through waivers again.

Thoughts? Other than I'm a dumbass. :dunno:

Here's a Barden dilemma: I needed a backup QB so I dropped Barden for Ponder Friday, only I accidentally dropped Bennett instead - clicked the wrong button on my iPhone. Under my league's strange waiver claim system I couldn't correct the mistake so I texted the commish and he was good enough to reverse it and emailed the league to explain what happened. Now I hear Nicks is out. I'd like to pick Barden up again but I think that would look shady and feel like I should wait a week and let him go through waivers again.

Thoughts? Other than I'm a dumbass. :dunno:

my god and you are allowed to vote.... :doh:

my god and you are allowed to vote.... :doh:

You are the retard who thinks the Seahawks win over Green Bay was legit. :dunno:

The Giants LOVE Hixon. If Nicks was in fact out for any length of time, i'm investing in Hixon and not Barden.

The Giants LOVE Hixon. If Nicks was in fact out for any length of time, i'm investing in Hixon and not Barden.

Do they really? I know he had a big game yesterday,but he really hadn't done much up to that point. And the dude's been around for a while.

Started Ramses in 2 leagues :cry: :thumbsdown:

name='SexyRexy' date='01 October 2012 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1349105714' post='4853450']

I still have yet to see a single link to this rumor.

Nicks is DONE.

Not sure how OP got his information but it's 100% correct. Nicks got done with a bowl of oatmeal before jumping on a stationary cycle. Keep up the good work OP.

The Circle of Life

while i'm here....i'm now the proud owner of both Hixon & Barden after missing out on Cruz during the draft. I played Barden last night instead of Hixon and it may be my doom.

Whoa, whoa, whoa relax fellas. I put in my opening post I didn't want to alarm people and was just asking for the opinions of Giants homers on his status. If you were stupid enough to take that as a definitive "Nicks is done for the year" message then thats your bad. Do your own research.

By the way, I may have not been as far off as some of the rumors I was relaying to this board.

Double Bird

Dooshebagsayswhat

Whoa, whoa, whoa relax fellas. I put in my opening post I didn't want to alarm people and was just asking for the opinions of Giants homers on his status. If you were stupid enough to take that as a definitive "Nicks is done for the year" message then thats your bad. Do your own research.

By the way, I may have not been as far off as some of the rumors I was relaying to this board.

Double Bird

Do your own research?

You posted it as if you had heard something. I am pretty sure no one here believed it for even a second- especially without a link. The point is you posted a lump of BS based on nothing...nice job.

I heard the word "Lisfranc" mentioned in the same sentence as Hakeem Nicks on ESPN. Still rumor, but something is up that we don't know about yet.

I heard knee and lisfranc mentioned in the same conversation. So ... :dunno:

They said earlier tonight they were full of shiit and it was his knee.

I heard knee and lisfranc mentioned in the same conversation. So ... :dunno:

They were talking about Santonio when Lis Franc came up. You really are useless

They were talking about Santonio when Lis Franc came up. You really are useless

Maybe him too. I dunno. All I know is they mentioned Nicks, and his knee ... and seemed suprised and someone mentioned lisfranc. The point is, we dunno WTF is going on yet.

From rotoworld:

Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Monday that Hakeem Nicks' troublesome knee has not improved since last Thursday's practice.

Nicks experienced an apparent setback with the knee after the practice, as he was downgraded from questionable to doubtful and ultimately ruled out for Week 4 against the Eagles after the knee swelled up. He has problems with both his right foot and left knee, although the latter appears to be Nicks' biggest issue at this point. Asked Monday if he's concerned with the knee, Coughlin replied, "How much concern can I show you?" We're skeptical Nicks stands any chance of playing in Week 5 against the Browns.

PWNED!

From rotoworld:

Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Monday that Hakeem Nicks' troublesome knee has not improved since last Thursday's practice.

Nicks experienced an apparent setback with the knee after the practice, as he was downgraded from questionable to doubtful and ultimately ruled out for Week 4 against the Eagles after the knee swelled up. He has problems with both his right foot and left knee, although the latter appears to be Nicks' biggest issue at this point. Asked Monday if he's concerned with the knee, Coughlin replied, "How much concern can I show you?" We're skeptical Nicks stands any chance of playing in Week 5 against the Browns.

PWNED!

PWNED??

Owned? What the fock do you own? He had a foot injury before the season started, the knee is new this week.

:dunno:

You don't own sh!t......Not even a house. You live off of your mom. You may own a pond, not sure if it's yours.

Wow dude. Calm down. I wasn't even talking to your stupid ass. nikki was saying it was just his knee.

Have a glass of milk, go to bed.

A-hole.

I was saying it was his knee.... because I was watching ESPN pre-game and they said they had misinformation and it was his knee. Not trying to get into a pwning war with you. I just report the facts.

Wow dude. Calm down. I wasn't even talking to your stupid ass. nikki was saying it was just his knee.

Have a glass of milk, go to bed.

:(

I was saying it was his knee.... because I was watching ESPN pre-game and they said they had misinformation and it was his knee. Not trying to get into a pwning war with you. I just report the facts.

No ... no ... you said the foot thing was BS. "They said earlier tonight they were full of shiit and it was his knee."

So your facts are wrong. His foot is hurt.

No ... no ... you said the foot thing was BS. "They said earlier tonight they were full of shiit and it was his knee."

So your facts are wrong. His foot is hurt.

Oh I must be pwned then. I hate getting pwned. Stupid noob.

And I'm sure the injury that is keeping him out right now is not the KNEE injury that happened a week ago; it must be the mysterious foot injury he's had since pre-season that screams of lis franc even though he played the first two games with it and scored 35 fantasy point in Week 2. The knee is what the problem is and what Coughlin is worried about. HTH!