Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Vick Owners

I was actually starting to gain more confidence in Vick & from a fantasy perspective his schedule looks pretty decent.

The problem as we all know is he continues to turn the ball over resulting in losses for the Eagles. How worried are you guys about the Eagles benching him to see what they've got with Foles?

I'd like to say that's crazy... But it's no secret Reid is all but done after this year & will have nothing to lose.

i'm about to start some ###### with the Vick owner in my league.

he focking drops him today. the guy has a kicker and the Miami D on byes and he drops the #11 scoring QB in our league for Mercedes Lewis. understandably he had no TE to play, Vick is on a bye, but how do you drop Vick vs your spare kicker on a bye or medium at best Defense ALSO on a bye? the word is Vick might get benched. sure. but if you have a spare kicker or D on a bye, why the hell drop the #11 scoring QB instead?

someone picked him up in a jiffy. weird ######.

Just to make things worse, there's talk that Vick might get released. Reid denies it though.

I hope it's not true. As much as he turns the ball over, he still produces decent points (2 bad games though).

On the one hand, surely Vick with all of his faults (read, turnovers) gives Reid the best chance to win now. On the other hand, Reid has sat McNabb in the past when the same might have been said about McNabb.

I'm a Vick owner, and I am growing more and more concerned. I'd hate to have to turn to Ponder and Fitzpatrick as matchup plays.

That being said, I just dropped Voles to pickup Ballard as a possible bye week fill-in; I figure Voles would never start over Ponder and Fitzpatrick.

i'm about to start some ###### with the Vick owner in my league.

he focking drops him today. the guy has a kicker and the Miami D on byes and he drops the #11 scoring QB in our league for Mercedes Lewis. understandably he had no TE to play, Vick is on a bye, but how do you drop Vick vs your spare kicker on a bye or medium at best Defense ALSO on a bye? the word is Vick might get benched. sure. but if you have a spare kicker or D on a bye, why the hell drop the #11 scoring QB instead?

someone picked him up in a jiffy. weird ######.

The problem seems to be with how your league waivers are set up, not the fact that someone didn't want Vick on their team anymore.

:shrugs:

The only thing i can do, play matchups and hope for the best. Here is my Surviving Mike Vick 2012 Cheat Sheet:

Wk5: Vick (@ PIT) Ponder (vs TEN)

Wk6: Vick (vs DET) Ponder (@WASH) Kolb (vs BUF)

WK 7: Vick (BYE) Fitzgerald (vs TEN) Freeman (vs NO)

Wk8: Vick(vs ATL) Cassell (vs OAK) Cutler (vs CAR) Bradford (vs NE)

WK9: Vick (@ NO)

Wk10: Vick (vs DAL) Fitzgerald (@ NE) Tannehill (vs TEN)

WK11:Vick (@WASH)

Wk 12: Vick (vs CAR) A Smith (@NO) Gabbert (@ TEN)

Wk13: Vick (@DAL) Fitz (vs JAX) Shaub (@ TEN) Palmer (vs CLEV) Wheedon (@OAK)

Wk14: Vick (@ TB) Shaub (@ NE) Bradford (@BUF)

Wk15: Vick (vs CIN) Wheedon (vs WASH)

WK 16: Vick (vs WASH)

Wk 17: Vick (@ NYG) Tannehill (@ NE) Gabbert (@ TEN)

bold - planning on, or already did start

strike - considered, but no longer an option (Cassell hurt, Kolb hurt, Shaub recently claimed by another team)

I own Vick in a 10 team league so QB on my WW are probably more plentiful than in bigger leagues. I started Christian Ponder the past 2 weeks with decent results. As of now, Fitzgerald is my starter week 7, and im still considering week 8. The way NE's defense made Russell Wilson look like Tom Brady, im thinking hard about Sam Bradford next week. I purposely used QB that were typical WW guys. Right now all these guys are on my WW, or already on my roster.