Sign in to follow this  
muslito

Want to start playing in a dynasty League

Hi so I've been playing for a while now, but recently just started using 2 keepers in our league. People like the keepers but want to have more than just 2. So I started investigating about dynasty leagues. So I was wondering if dynasty leagues had a different setup on how many people you need to start and roster size etc in order to make it interesting. So any tips or suggestions on how to go about making this will be greatly appreciated =)

doing my first one this year that I started, although it's a bit more involved than most. The one I'm doing is a dynasty auction league, where you buy players and sign them to 2 year deals, with an option for a third as an RFA. In our league you can keep all your players if you want. Now, most dynasty leagues has a limit to the number you can hold over, and several don't allow you to hold anyone taken in rounds 1, 2 or 3 (or some combination in there). It's really up to you how you want to do it. We wanted to start with a min of 10, max 12 teams, and were fortunate enough to start with 12. HIGHLY recommend auction league, as it's much more challenging. ANd if you do go that route, we made it so you've got 14 active players and 2 players on a taxi squad that do not count against the salary cap of $200. That allows you to play around with the numbers a little, particularly bye weeks. We also have a rule that if you put someone on the IR before the season starts and never take them off, that you keep that year for their contract (so one guy drafted P Manning, and then drafted Luck and has got him on the taxi squad). I'd definitely say 8 minimum owners, but 10 or 12 definitely recommended.

Hope that helps!

mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=411503

thanks for the reply, so how many players does each team keep on their rosters? And whats the layout of players you start? 3wr, 2rb , 1qb, k, te and def?

thanks for the reply, so how many players does each team keep on their rosters? And whats the layout of players you start? 3wr, 2rb , 1qb, k, te and def?

Well, in most leagues it's a handful. In ours, you can keep anyone you drafted. Free agent pickups go back into the pool for next year. And we start traditional QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, K, DEF, PPR = 1/2 point