Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

Red Dawn

Apparently the poorest nation on the planet (North Korea) is going to attack it's master's (China) biggest investment. It was supposed to be China attacking, but they would not show the film in China unless it was changed.

I think this angle has already been played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gFueCN3r8SM

Another sad and pathetic remake done solely to promote the studio's young talent and cash in on product placement deals :thumbsdown:

Another sad and pathetic remake done solely to promote the studio's young talent and cash in on product placement deals :thumbsdown:

Agreed but the original sucked too.

Apparently the poorest nation on the planet (North Korea) is going to attack it's master's (China) biggest investment. It was supposed to be China attacking, but they would not show the film in China unless it was changed.

I'm going to go and see it just to see us kick China's ass. I don't care they are pretending to be North Korea...we all know the real enemy is China.

Voltaire. :mad:

I'm going to go and see it just to see us kick China's ass. I don't care they are pretending to be North Korea...we all know the real enemy is China.

Voltaire. :mad:

What?

If you want me to comment on a youtube video, don't hold your breath. And I can't piece anything together from reading the posts in this thread either.

Agreed but the original sucked too.

probably; I haven't seen it in 30 years, but at least it has some authenticity

probably; I haven't seen it in 30 years, but at least it has some authenticity

It's aged really badly - it's definitely one of those movies that only works in the 80s, today not so much.

I'm sick of the remake stuff too but if there have to be remakes, at least remake crap that I know I don't want to see.

It's aged really badly - it's definitely one of those movies that only works in the 80s, today not so much.

I think if they "updated" the sound effects, it would be much better. The sounds of the guns/explosions weren't even close to what guns sound like.

Maybe it was my age when Red Dawn came out is why I liked it - was 12 and thought it was the greatest movie ever at the time :unsure: . If they are going to remake it why not at least stick to the same focking story it's not like we are buddies with Russia now anyway - Yeah one of the poorest nations in the world North Korea is going to take us over when we can destroy them with one push of a button. At least China would make sense - to make it NK instead becasue China said they wouldn't show it - like they were going to flock to see it anyway.

i never saw that amerida skit on snl. thanks! :D

(poor whathisname dead guy, he was funny)

i never saw that amerida skit on snl. thanks! :D

(poor whathisname dead guy, he was funny)

Phil Hartman. :( . Lionel Hutz. Troy McClure. Plus there was much more,to the skit that was cut off.

Victoria Jackson's Habs jersey got me a little hot and bothered.

Go Habs Go!!

Agreed on the NoKo part. The second I heard that I lost any interest. So, how's about: Venezual pairs up with Iran, Cuba, Burma and NoKo do all the stagin in Cuba and Venezuala.

- Would be a lot better than the standing premise.