Sign in to follow this  
Big Blue 06

Doctor decapitated baby during birth

My link

Okay, what the fock?!? :shocking:

Missouri couple sues doctors for separating baby’s head during grisly botched birth, and trying to cover it up: reports

By Philip Caulfield / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Friday, October 12, 2012, 9:26 AM.

A Missouri obstetrician separated a baby's head from his body during delivery and then shoved the newborn back into the mother and performed an emergency C-section to cover up the ghastly blunder, a couple claims in a lawsuit.

Arteisha Betts and Travis Ammonette, of Florissant, filed a 10-count complaint in St. Louis County Circuit Court last month claiming doctors wrongly pushed them to have a vaginal delivery, decapitated their son and then tried to cover it up, according to local Patch and Courthouse News Service.

The details of the couple's claim are horrifying.

During a February 2011 appointment, the couple claimed, Dr. Susan Moore told them their baby boy would have to be delivered by caesarian because his abdomen was too large for a normal birth, according the CNS report.

Betts went into labor on March 22, just 28 weeks into what is normally a 40-week pregnancy.

The delivering doctor at St. John's Mercy Medical Center, Dr. Gilbert Webb, refused to perform a C-section and "would only agree to deliver her baby by way of attempted trial of vaginal delivery," the complaint said, according to Patch.

Webb refused to allow them to go to a different hospital, and "Betts consented to a trial of vaginal delivery under duress and protest," the complaint said.

During the birth, the boy's head breached, but the rest of his body got stuck in the birth canal, the complaint said.

In an attempt to pull the boy loose, Webb applied traction to his head and "separated (the boy's) head from his cervical spine," the complaint said.

Blood "shot out" from the newborn's neck in full view of his parents, the complaint said.

Mercy Hospital in St. Louis, where Betts was brought to give birth in March 2011. The hosptial was not named in the couple's complaint.

Webb then "pushed" the boy's head and body back into the birth canal and scrambled to perform a C-section, slicing into Betts before anesthesia kicked in, the complaint said.

During the procedure, Webb "surgically and completely removed" the boy's head from his body, the complaint said.

The doctor then tried to cover up the boy's wounds before handing him over to his parents — though the complaint doesn't say how he did this.

The suit, filed in late September, names Webb and Moore, along with Midwest Maternal & Fetal Medicine Services and Signature Medical Group as defendants.

The couple accused the group of wrongful death and negligence and is seeking unspecified damages.

The hospital was not named in the suit.

None of the defendants have commented on the case.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/couple-baby-decapitated-delivery-article-1.1181731#ixzz2C2xrbWdJ

Jesus.

I can't even read that kind of sh1t.

Seriously, it shocked me more because I just had a kid. I guess this puts certain things in perspective. :(

Seriously, it shocked me more because I just had a kid. I guess this puts certain things in perspective. :(

I saw some pretty messed up sh1t during my time on the NICU. Lots of babies that didn't even have a chance and the decisions their parents had to make on their lives. Made me have a whole new appreciation for being a parent.

Jesus.

I can't even read that kind of sh1t.

I know right? :shocking:

But... something seems amiss with the story. Was the OB the only one in the room? If not, a nurse or other hospital worker might have noticed the whole decapitation thing. And then what... you cram it back in, do the C-section, then say "bummer, it's haid fell off." Actually, I guess you could try to pull the latter if nobody else saw it, and blame it on the cord severing the head or something. :unsure:

I would have used duct tape. That stuff works on anything.

The doctor could have lightened the mood by pretending his head was the babies, like the cutout things you see in touristy places

It was just cells. What's the big deal? :dunno:

Not bad. 10 post before a one track mind retard had to try to turn it political.

Yopu must have been out to lunch or it would have been much quicker.

Not bad. 10 post before a one track mind retard had to try to turn it political.

Yopu must have been out to lunch or it would have been much quicker.

What's political about stating that it's just cells?

Seems you are the first to throw out "political" in this thread, Mr. Perfect Life.

What's political about stating that it's just cells?

Seems you are the first to throw out "political" in this thread, Mr. Perfect Life.

LOL My favorite of all your predictable shticks. Throw out a political jab then play dumb when called out on it.

Go put salve on your hair lip scar. Your act is tired. :sleep:

LOL My favorite of all your predictable shticks. Throw out a political jab then play dumb when called out on it.

Go put salve on your hair lip scar. Your act is tired. :sleep:

...once again, you are the only one playing politics here, Ducky.

Sounds like a new favorite gocolts movie. :doublethumbsup:

Nah, the doctor didn't try to stick his peemus in the esophageal opening and use it as a vagina.

Nah, the doctor didn't try to stick his peemus in the esophageal opening and use it as a vagina.

classy

classy

Don't blame me... GoColt's is into some sick sh!t. (allegedly)

You are not going to believe this, but I have seen a video of a doctor who convinced several women that their abortion would be easier if he had sex with them first. :o

ETA: I just found the link to anyone that wants to see this.

Sounds like a new favorite gocolts movie. :doublethumbsup:

I must admit, first thing I thought when I read this thread was if the video of this was going to show up on of my favorite sites. :overhead:

It was just cells. What's the big deal? :dunno:

Don't throw logic into the faces of the abortion condoners, they will just get angry, and call you names. Only "WANTED" babies cannot be decapitated by law, but the "UNWANTED" babies are just cells, and can be decapitated by law. Sounds logical to me?

The mothers body has ways of ending pregnancy in cases of forcible rape.

:doublethumbsup:

The mothers body has ways of ending pregnancy in cases of forcible rape.

Have a look at these numbers from a study by the US Justice Department several years back.

There are approximately 100,000,000 females old enough to be at risk for rape in the United States. If we calculate on the basis of 100,000 rapes, that means that one woman in 1,000 is raped each year. If we calculate on the basis of 200,000 rapes, that means that one woman in 500 is raped each year.

Now for the important question. How many rape pregnancies are there? The answer is that, according to statistical reporting, there are no more than one or two pregnancies resultant from every 1,000 forcible rapes.

But, does it make sense? Let's look, using the figure of 200,000 rapes each year.

Of the 200,000 women who were forcibly raped, one-third were either too old or too young to get pregnant. That leaves 133,000 at risk for pregnancy.

A woman is capable of being fertilized only 3 days (perhaps 5) out of a 30-day month. Multiply our figure of 133,000 by three tenths. Three days out of 30 is one out of ten, divide 133 by ten and we have 13,300 women remaining. If we use five days out of 30 it is one out of six. Divide one hundred and thirty three thousand by six and we have 22,166 remaining.

One-fourth of all women in the United States of childbearing age have been sterilized, so the remaining three-fourths come out to 10,000 (or 15,000).

Only half of assailants penetrate her body and/or deposit sperm in her vagina,1 so let's cut the remaining figures in half. This gives us numbers of 5,000 (or 7,500).

Fifteen percent of men are sterile, that drops that figure to 4,250 (or 6,375).

Fifteen percent of non-surgically sterilized women are naturally sterile. That reduces the number to 3,600 (or 5,400).

Another fifteen percent are on the pill and/or already pregnant. That reduces the number to 3,070 (or 4,600).

Now factor in the fact that it takes 5-10 months for the average couple to achieve a pregnancy. Use the smaller figure of 5 months to be conservative and divide the avove figures by 5. The number drops to 600 (or 920).

In an average population, the miscarriage rate is about 15 percent. In this case we have incredible emotional trauma. Her body is upset. Even if she conceives, the miscarriage rate will be higher than in a more normal pregnancy. If 20 percent of raped women miscarry, the figure drops to 450 (or 740).

Finally, factor in what is certainly one of the most important reasons why a rape victim rarely gets pregnant, and that's physical trauma. Every woman is aware that stress and emotional factors can alter her menstrual cycle. To get and stay pregnant a woman's body must produce a very sophisticated mix of hormones. Hormone production is controlled by a part of the brain that is easily influenced by emotions. There's no greater emotional trauma that can be experienced by a woman than an assault rape. This can radically upset her possibility of ovulation, fertilization, implantation and even nurturing of a pregnancy. So what further percentage reduction in pregnancy will this cause? No one knows, but this factor certainly cuts this last figure by at least 50 percent and probably more. If we use the 50 percent figure, we have a final figure of 225 (or 370) women pregnant each year. These numbers closely match the 200 that have been documented in clinical studies.

So assault rape pregnancy is extremely rare. If we use the figure of 200, it is 4 per state per year. Even if we use a figure of 500, we're talking about only ten per state, per year. In the United States in one year, there are more than 6 million pregnancies. Roughly 3 million eventuate in live birth, 1.5 million are aborted and 500,000 miscarry. And so while each assault rape pregnancy is a tragedy for the mother (not for the baby, though), we can with confidence say that such pregnancies amount to a minuscule fraction of the total annual pregnancies in the United States. Further, less than half of assault rape pregnancies are aborted, even though that course of action tends to be vigorously pushed by those around the woman.

You are not going to believe this, but I have seen a video of a doctor who convinced several women that their abortion would be easier if he had sex with them first. :o

Yeah... women are dumb. :ninja:

Brazzers?

The world lost a future race car driver. Hey, anyone want to start a petition?

Hey homie. I have been very curious what you were talking about when you were quoted for saying you can handle about anything except for... wondering what it was.

Yes please. :doublethumbsup: