Sign in to follow this  
brokenbricks

Ray Rice / Matt Ryan trade

Ok I am in a 10 Team 2 QB, PPR League. We start the 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRs, Flex(RB, QB, WR, TE) and 1 TE. I have Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning as my QBs and Foster and McFadden as my RBs (Daniel Thomas, Pierre Thomas, Jacquizz Rodgers and Kendall Hunter are my others). I was offered:

Ray Rice, Brandon Weeden, Heath Miller and Blaine Gabbert for Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden, Jaquizz Rodgers and Vernon Davis - any thoughts?

I am thinking of switching Gabbert for someone like Andre Johnson or Jeremy Maclin since the guy is stacked in WR (as am I with Colston, White, J Nelson and D Amendola!). But i really like my two QBs but I have nothing for 2nd RB. Just curious what some of you guys would do and if it makes sense??

Thanks.

Ok I am in a 10 Team 2 QB, PPR League. We start the 2 QBs, 2 RBS, 2 WRs, Flex(RB, QB, WR, TE) and 1 TE. I have Matt Ryan and Peyton Manning as my QBs and Foster and McFadden as my RBs (Daniel Thomas, Pierre Thomas, Jacquizz Rodgers and Kendall Hunter are my others). I was offered:

Ray Rice, Brandon Weeden, Heath Miller and Blaine Gabbert for Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden, Jaquizz Rodgers and Vernon Davis - any thoughts?

I am thinking of switching Gabbert for someone like Andre Johnson or Jeremy Maclin since the guy is stacked in WR (as am I with Colston, White, J Nelson and D Amendola!). But i really like my two QBs but I have nothing for 2nd RB. Just curious what some of you guys would do and if it makes sense??

Thanks.

Way I see it, Rice is the only real good score in the trade with Ben sidelined. If Big Ben was'nt hurt Miller is a SOLID pickup but with Leftwich who knows about the red zone targets. Forget Gabbert - yuck.

I wouldnt do it for 2 reasons:

1) I wouldnt say u have nothing at RB2...Daniel Thomas could prove to be a decent RB down the stretch especially tonight against the Bills - Same for Jacquizz as Turner is old and slow.

2) Your giving up the Ryan to White compound interest play for 2 hack QB's.

Tough call, but, yeah, those two QBs being offered for Ryan indeed suuuuhhhhhk. Ray Rice is a beast, but I think you'd be giving up too much. Maybe you can get a decent tier 2 RB and an under-rated QB (e.g. C. Palmer, Freeman, Dalton) for P. Manning and one of your WRs? As for this trade, I'd reject and go all-in with your two-headed QB monster.

Thanks.

In a 2 QB league, you can't do this deal. You're stacked at QB and WR right now, so see if you can move one of the WRs in a package for a upgrade at RB. Otherwise, the Thomas's aren't that bad, Rodgers could be real nice come playoff time and Hunter is an injury away from being a RB1.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=412767

Well just to update I made a trade to get Eli Manning (gave up Colston - maybe to much but I think he will be fine after the bye - i hope!) So I am going to trade:

Matt Ryan

Vernon Davis

Jacquizz Rodgers

Darren McFadden

for

Ray Rice

Andre Johnson

Dennis Pita

Brandon Weeden (need him for just this week)

Praying this doesnt backfire as this is a total points league and I am in first!! But I think having the Manning brothers as my 2 QBs and having Foster and Rice as my two RBs will be good!

playing qb as a flex makes it just too hard to release ryan. i would not have dumped colston though either. now that you have 3 qbs though, you might be able to get something pretty solid for eli(though you just got him). I would not panic, bear in mind foster basically counts as a rb and 1/2. just switch out that second rb..you will have something like 25-30 pts from your rbs thats rock solid

mine please

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=412819