Sign in to follow this  
eagerowl

Suspicious trade...commissioner involved

Yes, another one of these threads...

I've never voted to veto a trade in my life but I'd be interested in opinions on this one. Team 1 is the commissioner, is currently 5-5 and one spot out of the playoffs. Team 2 is 3-7, in last place and not quite eliminated...but close. The trade:

Team 1 gets:

B. Marshall

R. Gronkowski

Team 2 gets:

L. Moore

A. Gates

D. Bowe

New Orleans

Team 2 will be dropping D. Murray and Atlanta in order to receive the extra two players...not sure why they did it this way. Can't really say there is collusion and I never vote against trades but this seems really odd. Thoughts?

I'd ask Team 2 what their reasoning is for wanting to make that trade. See if it sounds legit.

Long time commish and it looks good to me.

Another long time commish........Agreed.....its not outrageous. Could be just wanting to upgrade a bigger part of his team by giving up a couple better players.

i propose you punch owner #1 in front of the wife and kids of owner #2. If that doesn't provide satisfaction, go vice versa.

HTH

I've never voted to veto a trade in my life but I'd be interested in opinions on this one. Team 1 is the commissioner, is currently 5-5 and one spot out of the playoffs. Team 2 is 3-7, in last place and not quite eliminated...but close. The trade:

Team 1 gets:

B. Marshall

R. Gronkowski

Team 2 gets:

L. Moore

A. Gates

D. Bowe

New Orleans

Team 2 will be dropping D. Murray and Atlanta in order to receive the extra two players...not sure why they did it this way. Can't really say there is collusion and I never vote against trades but this seems really odd. Thoughts?

Its impossible to tell how good/bad it is w/o seeing their whole teams, but based on what I see I dont see how team 2 is upgrading anything. Downgrading slightly at TE, downgrading at WR (unless he had Marshall and NOBODY else worth starting at WR and figured having 2 decent WR in Bowe/Moore better than ONE good WR). And he's dropping ATL DEF to get N.O.? WTF? Umm. N.O. is the worst DEF in the NFL and has no good matchups coming up either. ATL is a good start this week.. I'd say its a BAD trade for team 2, but cannot say for sure collusion involved.

If the owner dropping the players would have just included them in the trade it would solve the issue. I never understand why these odd type player trades dont include the players to be dropped and let the new owner decide wat to do with them.

this league is a joke, or a 3 team league if someone is straight up dropping demarco murray, but trading for lance moore? :blink:

this league is a joke, or a 3 team league if someone is straight up dropping demarco murray, but trading for lance moore? :blink:

Some leagues have smaller rosters. I can see dropping Murray in redraft leagues. He's been tying up a roster spot week after week and there's no word on when he's playing. He's like Garcon at this point. Teams get handcuffed and can't pick up free agents because dead wood like them are there producing nothing.

What's the League saying ?

I'm Comissioner of a 20+ year league, and I'm almost eliminated from Drunk Drafting, but if I pulled this shiit, the league would freak.

Who said downgrading slightly going from Gronk to Gates....Gates is having a nice year, but Gronk is on Fire, and that's a pure downgrade, not "slight". Highest Tier TE down to 2nd tier.

Bowe and LM for Marshall????....part of my being eliminated is drafting POS Bowe, KC offesne sucks, and LM is 5th in line for NO TDs. The Marshall owner would laugh at me if I tried that deal....simply garbage for a Freaking Beast WR this year, who shows no signs of slowing down...he gets EVERY target.....seems there's no other WRs in Chicago

As Comissioner, I wouldn't have the balls to put this out to the league, my integrity would be in question, and I wouldn't do it

Do we give it the old FF Today main board rubber stamp "Totally sucks, but have to let it go through" bit again? As long as no one's got wiretaps and video of nasty, cheating owners colluding? I just don't agree with watching one like this go by either. Especially not when it goes from a 3-7 to a 5-5 team.

Guy is essentially getting the #2 WR in all of FF and the #1a TE. Clearly pulling studs off of a sinking ship.

I'd tell him "thanks for playing, but maybe if you tried to snag the #4 players at each position for spare parts.. it may have gotten through".

Anyone here that tells you that this trade would be cool in their league is full of sh*t. Period. :thumbsup:

Do we give it the old FF Today main board rubber stamp "Totally sucks, but have to let it go through" bit again? As long as no one's got wiretaps and video of nasty, cheating owners colluding? I just don't agree with watching one like this go by either. Especially not when it goes from a 3-7 to a 5-5 team.

Guy is essentially getting the #2 WR in all of FF and the #1a TE. Clearly pulling studs off of a sinking ship.

I'd tell him "thanks for playing, but maybe if you tried to snag the #4 players at each position for spare parts.. it may have gotten through".

Anyone here that tells you that this trade would be cool in their league is full of sh*t. Period. :thumbsup:

^this

Team #2 owner is either a shmuck that shouldn't be playing in any serious, competitive ff leagues...or is in cahoots with team #1.

Your league needs to veto that shhh. :thumbsdown:

It looks like it may be time for you to find a better league next season.

Something isn't right IMO

Any 3-7 trading isn't good.

When is your deadline?? That's the way to stop this. Early trade deadline.

What's the League saying ?

I'm Comissioner of a 20+ year league, and I'm almost eliminated from Drunk Drafting, but if I pulled this shiit, the league would freak.

Who said downgrading slightly going from Gronk to Gates....Gates is having a nice year, but Gronk is on Fire, and that's a pure downgrade, not "slight". Highest Tier TE down to 2nd tier.

Bowe and LM for Marshall????....part of my being eliminated is drafting POS Bowe, KC offesne sucks, and LM is 5th in line for NO TDs. The Marshall owner would laugh at me if I tried that deal....simply garbage for a Freaking Beast WR this year, who shows no signs of slowing down...he gets EVERY target.....seems there's no other WRs in Chicago

As Comissioner, I wouldn't have the balls to put this out to the league, my integrity would be in question, and I wouldn't do it

It was me - and trust me, I was just trying to be as "positive" on the trade as possible to show it was still a bad deal. Gates for Gronk is def a downgrade.

Team 1 gets:

B. Marshall

R. Gronkowski

Team 2 gets:

L. Moore

A. Gates

D. Bowe

New Orleans

I'm not sure what scale the rest of you guys are using to judge this, but it doesn't pass the eyeball test for me.

Marshall >>>>> Bowe

Gronk >>>>> Gates

The Saints DST is CRAP, and Moore is just flotsam to bloat the trade.

Trade stinks, and if it were me I'd be hitting the big ol' BS button on that trade.

Another long time commish........Agreed.....its not outrageous. Could be just wanting to upgrade a bigger part of his team by giving up a couple better players.

What? That's some good ganja!

I'm not sure what scale the rest of you guys are using to judge this, but it doesn't pass the eyeball test for me.

Marshall >>>>> Bowe

Gronk >>>>> Gates

The Saints DST is CRAP, and Moore is just flotsam to bloat the trade.

Trade stinks, and if it were me I'd be hitting the big ol' BS button on that trade.

You didn't mention that the team giving up Marshall and Gronk was also releasing Murray (finally close to returning) and the Falcons D. Some "commishes" think this is equitable???

Long time commish and it looks good to me.

What can possibly look good? It looks real good if I am team one, if not I am FURIOUS. This trade is not even close.

Team 1 gets:

B. Marshall

R. Gronkowski

Team 2 gets:

L. Moore

A. Gates

D. Bowe

New Orleans

I'm pretty good at reading into these BS trades and it's pretty clear that Team 2 is helping Team 1 out and Team 1 is upgrading bigtime with this trade and i'll say that without needing to see the rest of there teams.

You didn't mention that the team giving up Marshall and Gronk was also releasing Murray (finally close to returning) and the Falcons D. Some "commishes" think this is equitable???

That's the rub, I'd actually drop Moore and the Saints DST after if I were team B and that trade went thru. I poll the other teams in the league for fairness, because I"m betting everybody will say "no fair". There's NO justification for the deal for Team B, it does nothing to strengthen his team and the "I'll drop Murray and the Falcons DST" is just part of the ruse.

Move up the trade deadline and increase the entry fee to get rid of weak owners.

A weekly high score prize is also a good idea.

If you aren't willing to do that or it's a free yahoo league, then you can't complain about trade fairness.

And if there's any hint of collusion, obviously boot those owners or if friends, politely bow yourself out of the league next year, use "need more time with the family" and find a different league.

But remember to be careful. If the next year, you're watching a game at friends' house, Dwayne Allen catches a TD, you jump up and down giving a fist pump, and they say "dude, we're not even Colts fans"...you may have a problem :doh:

That trade is crap. Clearly the extra players were thrown in to give the illusion of equity (yeah I'm giving up two studs, but I'm getting 4 good players$#@!). Dropping Atlanta (with AZ and a good schedule coming up) is just to make it look like he really wants NO. Hell, team 1 will probably grab Atlanta.

[soupnazi] NO TRADE FOR YOU!!! [/soupnazi]

it doesnt look too bad. dont know why hes taking the saints D when he has atlanta, but that's not my problem.

cant say 100% for sure because I dont know what each guy's lineup looks like (easier to judge if the deal makes sense when you have this info.)