Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Eric Decker owners anonymous

As all other Decker owners I am completely frustrated over his vanishing act the past several weeks. Due to Percy Harvin's injury I'm forced to decide on whether to trot him out for what is sure to be a lackluster performance on TNF or else sift thru the thin waiver wire and roll the dice and hope to get lucky.

Anybody else sticking with this bum?

unfortunately yes now that jordy is hurt again. its either him or devone bess...but in a must win, i wont be able to live with myself if decker goes off on my bench. i havent sat him all year, sometimes you just gotta start your studs and hold your breath. this is one of those weeks.

He's been an excellent WR3 for me in the one yahoo league I drafted him in. Last couple weeks have been bad but I still believe in him.

I fully expect him to have a decent day on TNF against the Faiders but I can't start him, he's now outside my Circle of Trust. Somebody dropped Steve Smith to the WW last week and I have the #2 WW so hoping to snag SS and plug him in for Decker.

As all other Decker owners I am completely frustrated over his vanishing act the past several weeks. Due to Percy Harvin's injury I'm forced to decide on whether to trot him out for what is sure to be a lackluster performance on TNF or else sift thru the thin waiver wire and roll the dice and hope to get lucky.

I'm in the same situation. Harvin owner who is now left with Torrey Smith, Decker, Blackmon, and D. Moore. 14 team league so not much on the wire...

Smith is must start vs Wash. Decker has been mia, D. Moore has been mia and Blackmon is likely to see a lot of Chrome.

Really have no idea which option out of the 3 to start...Decker may have the best chance for a td.

everybody this season has underperformed on TNF. I might be stuck though with Amendola still out.

Givens is available. Think I need to target him...not sure which WR I drop. Maybe Harvin...

Prob need to drop another WR to cover my defense pickup as I don't think I can ride New England...

I'm rolling with Avery instead. Good luck to everyone sticking with Decker -- the probability that he returns to early season form just improved dramatically.

According to the Denver Post, it "appears" Brandon Stokley (hip, wrist) will not play in Thursday's game against the Raiders.

Stokely was officially "limited" in Tuesday's practice, but the Post says he merely observed. Meanwhile, coach John Fox told Sirius XM NFL Radio that he is expecting to have his slot receiver available Thursday. This has the look of a true game-time call, with Jacob Tamme filling in at the slot if Stokley gets scratched.

Didn't seem to help with an uptick in targets vs Tampa but it looks like Stokley will be out or limited.

Personally I've got to plug one of Decker and Givens in at WR 2

and

pick 2 of Moreno/Rudolph/Decker/Givens at flex.

Tough calls right now...

unfortunately yes now that jordy is hurt again. its either him or devone bess...but in a must win, i wont be able to live with myself if decker goes off on my bench. i havent sat him all year, sometimes you just gotta start your studs and hold your breath. this is one of those weeks.

I'm facing a similar situation. Since Nelson is injured and probably won't play this week, I have to go with Decker as my WR2 or pick up someone of the waiver wire. I rather roll with Decker and hope for a TD than get a free agent whose upside is limited. I'm hoping the raiders concentrate on DT.

Same boat. I have Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore and Amendola as possible subs for Decker. I'm thinking Brown with BB back is a better option than Decker. Amendola is just too fragile to start in the playoffs even if he plays - I can see him catching a pass and going to the locker room with another non contact injury. Whats frustrating about this Decker situation is we're being given NO reasoning for his total vanishing act. Is it dropped passes? nope, dudes pretty sure handed. Bad routes? wtf? Not for nothing, but Jimmy Graham is another guy who seems to have vanished for no reason. He was open a bunch of times the last game and Brees wouldnt look at anybody but Lance Moore. :wall:

Not for nothing, but Jimmy Graham is another guy who seems to have vanished for no reason. He was open a bunch of times the last game and Brees wouldnt look at anybody but Lance Moore. :wall:

Misery loves company, as I also have Graham. They should start appearing on milk cartons before too much longer.

Own this bum in 2 leagues.

In my standard league it's Decker vs Josh Gordon/C.Shorts(concussion)/Blacmon(Henne)?

In my PPR league it's Decker vs K.Moreno/C.Givens?

I'm sure if i sit Decker he will go off tonight vs Oakland.

Hi, I'm d'eaux boy and I'm a Decker owner. I too have struggled the past couple weeks with putting him on my bench. I couldn't do it and have paid dearly. I was hoping for Amendola to play this week and make the decision easier. That hasn't happened but Givens is on the WW and is just begging me to pick him up. I've got a tough matchup for week one of the playoffs and really need all my studs to reemerge. I'm looking at you Roddy, Cruz...and, Decker. Oh how I wish Gronk was healthy.

That hasn't happened but Givens is on the WW and is just begging me to pick him up.

I was targeting Givens but somebody with higher WW priority snagged him. Keep in mind that all my recent coaching decisions have turned to sh1t so you might want to reconsider.

you guys are nuts if you sit Decker vs. OAKLAND!! ...Look at what Josh Gordon just put against them.

Gordan is 3x more talented than Decker and a completely different style of wr.

I'm sticking with him. I have Harvin as well, and even if he plays he'll be a gimp :thumbsdown:

Decker, Moore, Josh Gordon :( One and done

also, now we're not anonymous :unsure:

I'm starting either T. Smith or C. Shorts over him. Deckers riding the pine probably the rest of the year. I may even drop him since its a redraft league. I dont like thursday games. No one performs well.

Picked up Golden Tate and 99% sure I'm rolling with him over Decker.

I hate Decker right now. He blew up on my bench and now that I actually need him, he suuuuuucks.

Word. I just watched JG's TD and he just smoked right past that RCB Bartell. That kid's got some serious speed. -disregard, no way Decker has that burst.

Yeah, Demaryius Thomas is the Josh Gordon of that offense. Decker has become the (insert "other" sucky Cleveland WR here).

Decker, Givens and Rudolph pick 2.

Bears are 7-16 when Urlacher is out. MLB Nick Roach covers the slot now -Reindeer avg 9 targets w/out Harvin -out.

Last 4 games, Decker’s avg targets are only 5 for 6 yds (TE's involved more)but an excellent QB

Amondola out? If so, Givens a stud; (14 targets vs. SF??) BUF allowed 15 WR TD’s this year (but been stepping up at hme lately)

…I still take my chances w/ Decker vs. OAK and start Rudy. Although a case can be made to start Givens & Decker

Tough call..

Kendall Wright

Torrey Smith

&

Decker or Davone Bess or Greg Little

early playoff exit for me it looks like

Bess had one reception last week

Decker had one reception last week

and I didn't even see what Little did

I suppose I'm going to roll with Decker in a ppr league. Here is hoping for 4 receptions and 40 yards:)

Bears are 7-16 when Urlacher is out. MLB Nick Roach covers the slot now -Reindeer avg 9 targets w/out Harvin -out.

Last 4 games, Decker’s avg targets are only 5 for 6 yds (TE's involved more)but an excellent QB

Amondola out? If so, Givens a stud; (14 targets vs. SF??) BUF allowed 15 WR TD’s this year (but been stepping up at hme lately)

…I still take my chances w/ Decker vs. OAK and start Rudy. Although a case can be made to start Givens & Decker

Tough call..

Really appreciate the response. I'm also considering Givens and Rudolph. Recent history shows that targets should be there for both and both are hot.

Decker seems to be a wildcard at this point.

Regarding Decker this scares the crap out of me.

Peytons targets over the last month:

DT 38

Tamme 29

Decker 19

Stokley-17 *Includes missed game

Dressen-12

I know I'm either gonna start him and he'll TNFail or he'll blow up for 6-70-2 on my bench.

Season on the line for me and i have to start 2 WRs.

Should Decker be one from this group: Decker, Steve Smith, Alexander, Givens

Yeah, that Tamme stat is amazing. Last week, 13 trgts,9/89 yds. -Past 2 wks, 20 targets, 13/137/1 TD. Nothing like old reliable friends...

Season on the line for me and i have to start 2 WRs.

Should Decker be one from this group: Decker, Steve Smith, Alexander, Givens

Alexander is must start. Comes down to Givens or Smith for me.

OK. I'm starting AJ Green and Welker. Now need help with the next one. I usually start Decker but he's been crap the last few weeks. The league is ppr. Here is my options

E. Decker vs Oak

D. Bowe vs Cle

D. Alexander vs pit

C. Shorts vs jets

I'm just worried about decker. Its the first round of the playoffs