Sign in to follow this  
krusin

Snowstorm for Lions/Packers on SNF

Weather forecast for the Lions/Packers game calls for snow falling throughout Sunday into the evening. 4-8 inches when all said and done. Temps in the upper 20's, and 12 mph wind...

I planned on starting Stafford, not sure now... My other option is Romo, and I don't like that match-up in Cinci! Anybody thinking twice about the passing game in this one? Considering neither team has a good run game, who knows what to expect?

I remember a great game on Dec 12, 2010, the Pats came to Chicago for SNF, and Brady tore them up during a blizzard - 369 yards passing with 2 TD's - no picks. Pat's kicker Shayne Graham was 3 for 3 on field goals. Pats won 36-7. I guess it can be done, but that's Brady. Maybe Rodgers could do it, not sure about Stafford?

Weather forecast for the Lions/Packers game calls for snow falling throughout Sunday into the evening. 4-8 inches when all said and done. Temps in the upper 20's, and 12 mph wind...

I planned on starting Stafford, not sure now... My other option is Romo, and I don't like that match-up in Cinci! Anybody thinking twice about the passing game in this one? Considering neither team has a good run game, who knows what to expect?

I remember a great game on Dec 12, 2010, the Pats came to Chicago for SNF, and Brady tore them up during a blizzard - 369 yards passing with 2 TD's - no picks. Pat's kicker Shayne Graham was 3 for 3 on field goals. Pats won 36-7. I guess it can be done, but that's Brady. Maybe Rodgers could do it, not sure about Stafford?

Unless there are high winds or the snow effects visibility, I think that it will actually favor the offenses for the most part. Last year was not a storm, but it was cold, and it was a shoot-out. Lions defense is awful and the Pack is all banged up on defense. I expect a lot of points to be scored. So of course, there won't be.

In a 2QB league I am starting Stafford and Romo as well as Pettigrew. I have Kap on my bench. So if you have Kap, you may wanna play him.

Thanks for the heads up. I have Hanson so I might take a glance at the WW just in case...

Snow? Hell i dont remember what that is. Old Man Winter has not shown his face in few years :nono:

craaaap. need a win to clinch and i have calvin johnson. Cmon snow, go to the Minnesota/Chicago game instead. He has AP and marshall.

I still remember tom Brady blowing up against me in a huge snowstorm in foxboro against the titans. Unless its really windy, I'm not too worried about it.

craaaap. need a win to clinch and i have calvin johnson. Cmon snow, go to the Minnesota/Chicago game instead. He has AP and marshall.

WTF

I hope the snow storm isn't quite as bad as the rain/wind storm in Oakland last week

Snow storms are usually good for offenses. Unless its a blizzard. Slippery footing benefits the offensive player because they know where they are going. A good example of this is a few years ago when New England put up about 80 on Tennessee in snow storm. Now icy slush is not good.

The forecast for Sunday night does not look very bad. :thumbsup:

Sunday Dec 9

Wintry Mix Day: Snow in the morning...Then snow mixed with some rain in the afternoon. 1 to 3 inches of snow accumulation possible. Highs 33 to 37. East wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Night: Cloudy. Light snow likely in the evening...Then a chance of light snow after midnight. Lows in the lower 20s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Cmon snow, go to the Minnesota/Chicago game instead. He has AP and marshall.

Good thinking - I read elsewhere Peterson & Marshall regularly carpool together and they could get stuck in blizzard traffic on their way to the dome!

First round of playoffs for me, and I've got Rodgers, Finley & LeShoure in this game. Winter weather isn't new to Rodgers and I can actually see Finley (short passes to TE) and LeShoure (big pounding RB) benefitting from it. Bring on the snow!!!

Good thinking - I read elsewhere Peterson & Marshall regularly carpool together and they could get stuck in blizzard traffic on their way to the dome!

First round of playoffs for me, and I've got Rodgers, Finley & LeShoure in this game. Winter weather isn't new to Rodgers and I can actually see Finley (short passes to TE) and LeShoure (big pounding RB) benefitting from it. Bring on the snow!!!

To this effect i'm strongly considering using Pettigrew this week in place of Gresham. I just see a lot of short passing attempts for both teams.. and more ground attack as well.

As someone that's starting Rodgers and Megatron, this is outstanding news. <_<

Yeah, weather forecasts 3 days out are really accurate. Enjoy the flurries. :sleep:

As someone that's starting Rodgers and Megatron, this is outstanding news. <_<

Well they are showing the field before the game and the snow is really coming down. How are you guys feeling about it? Im playing Rodgers so im nervous as hell. Down 11 with Rodgers and Hernandez while he has Welker. Really need Rodgers to have a big game so Im HOPING he is used to playing in it and will still post 20+