Sign in to follow this  
FenixTx972

Benching Ray Rice for Moreno

Playoffs aren't a time to be starting a guy because of where you drafted him. I've had Rice for years now as my keeper, but the Broncos are hot and I'm not sure how the Ravens will respond to firing the OC. This was a QB coach, y'all.

Broncos have allowed 4 rushing TDs all season. #6 Def vs fantasy RBs and a total of 3 100+ yard games.

I'll be plugging in Moreno FWIW

Good luck with that.

Moreno for Rice is a coinflip IMO. Trend goes to Moreno. New OC in Balt probably means more carries for Rice. We'll see.

I like Moreno this week, but other then Foster and Peterson, there aren't many running backs I'd bench Ray Rice for. I'm assuming Cameron got fired for under utilizing Rice, so I'd expect to see him touching the ball a lot from here on out.

Playoffs aren't a time to be starting a guy because of where you drafted him. I've had Rice for years now as my keeper, but the Broncos are hot and I'm not sure how the Ravens will respond to firing the OC. This was a QB coach, y'all.

Broncos have allowed 4 rushing TDs all season. #6 Def vs fantasy RBs and a total of 3 100+ yard games.

I'll be plugging in Moreno FWIW

Ummm....who's your other RB that's playing...Arian Foster?? Or maybe you only start one RB in this league??

Not as crazy as people are making it out to be. Moreno is hot, run d is weak, O as a whole clicking. On the other side, O is stumbling, rice been underutilized all year. Dunno if I'd do it but I don't have that choice to make. Easily plugging Moreno in over CJ1k

Ummm....who's your other RB that's playing...Arian Foster?? Or maybe you only start one RB in this league??

Read my mind, who else are you starting? Has to be AP or Arian?

starting both these mofos on sunday. but uhhh, yeah, rice never leaves the starting lineup this year.

you know somewhere there is some putz who started bryce brown this past week over rice.

Limped into the playoffs with a 5-8 record due to injuries (Harvin, Murray and MJD) but timing is everything...

I get to start 3 from these five RBs: Rice, Murray, MJD, Brown, Moreno.

Week 15 will probably be Rice, Murray and Moreno. (Made the wrong call starting Brown over Moreno last week).

jeebus, I wish I had such tough decisions to completely screw up. It's one thing when you're like me and having to decide Moreno over say Ryan Mathews (a no brainer). But you simply cannot sit Ray Rice. All the guy does is average 19 pts a game (in PPR leagues) and has yet to have a non-double digit scoring week. He's the 3rd most consistent scoring back behind only Foster and Peterson. It's a long offseason when you get to think about what could have been had you not benched Ray Rice.

starting both these mofos on sunday. but uhhh, yeah, rice never leaves the starting lineup this year.

you know somewhere there is some putz who started bryce brown this past week over rice.

But if that same putz started Brown over Rice the previous two weeks, it might have gotten him into the playoffs.

But if that same putz started Brown over Rice the previous two weeks, it might have gotten him into the playoffs.

If you have a steady scorer like Rice, you don't bench him ever. Sure, you could have gotten LUCKY with Brown, but Rice still produced those weeks. It's not like he got less than 10 pts or something. What good is making the playoffs if you get a stinker from your hit-or-miss fill-in when you have a rock solid stud on your bench?

There's really only four scenarios where this could even be possible...

1. He has Adrian Peterson

2. He's in a 4 team league

3. He's in a league with more 4 teams, but at least one of them is run by a complete idiot who traded him Ray Rice.

4. Any two, or possibly all, of the above.

There's really only four scenarios where this could even be possible...

1. He has Adrian Peterson

2. He's in a 4 team league

3. He's in a league with more 4 teams, but at least one of them is run by a complete idiot who traded him Ray Rice.

4. Any two, or possibly all, of the above.

Haha i love the hate! 10 teamer, 8 years running. Finished 9-5 with RG3. Other back is TRICH.

I like Moreno this week, but other then Foster and Peterson, there aren't many running backs I'd bench Ray Rice for. I'm assuming Cameron got fired for under utilizing Rice, so I'd expect to see him touching the ball a lot from here on out.

If you look at the previous game, the "straw that broke the camels back", flacco threw 3 tds in the first half and they couldn't be stopped. Second half was more based around running and allowed the redskins to steal the win.

If anything, I think the touches go down.

We have a guy playing Rice and Denvers D.

Never had a problem with starting players vs. my def

"play who you think will get the most points"

Trent Richardson and Moreno are the RBs i'll be starting. No flex

^this

It's all about managing your team. 10 pts from Rice won't get me the win. With RG3 limping around, I've got to take chances and need a big RB game.

If you look at the previous game, the "straw that broke the camels back", flacco threw 3 tds in the first half and they couldn't be stopped. Second half was more based around running and allowed the redskins to steal the win.

If anything, I think the touches go down.

Interesting point. I'd have a hard time benching Rice, but nobody really knows how the OC change is going to affect things. IMO it is wishful thinking to say "I think Rice will get more touches$#@!" I think the factor of the unknown bumps Rice down a bit -- as they say in finance, a known return is more valuable than a risky return.

It's all about managing your team. 10 pts from Rice won't get me the win. With RG3 limping around, I've got to take chances and need a big RB game.

I hear ya. Normally I like to take the risk as well, but not in the playoffs when you KNOW you'll get guaranteed pts with one guy and still not sure what you'll get with the other. Everyone and their mother is touting Moreno this week, which, rationally or not, scares me.

I hope your right, though, as I'm starting Moreno in my main league (have RG3 and Dez, too :wall: ) and I just got eliminated with Rice in my work league (Brady beat me by 3 pts :wall:)

More importantly, who are you plan on starting in place of RGIII?

Anyways, I won't completely pick you apart for starting Moreno over Moreno but here's a few nuggets to chew on.

1). It took Moreno a career high 32 carries to amass his 119 yards rushing against the Raiders pitiful run defense. Not only will he not carry for that many yards again this week, he's still probably feeling the effects of it since he barely played all year.

2). The Ravens firing of Cameron had everything to do with under utilizing Ray Rice, the Ravens best playmaker outside of Torrey Smith. I see a gameplan centered around ball control (Ray Rice) in the attempt to keep Peyton off the field.

3). Did you watch the Broncos/Raiders game last Thursday? Moreno has no burst & is a shell of the dynamic player he was when he came out of Georgia.

Go ahead & start Moreno, but this thread will be bumped after Sunday. Good luck!

Interesting point. I'd have a hard time benching Rice, but nobody really knows how the OC change is going to affect things. IMO it is wishful thinking to say "I think Rice will get more touches$#@!" I think the factor of the unknown bumps Rice down a bit -- as they say in finance, a known return is more valuable than a risky return.

exactly. everything (except rice's talent) screams uncertainty right now

Anyways, I won't completely pick you apart for starting Moreno over Moreno but here's a few nuggets to chew on.

1). It took Moreno a career high 32 carries to amass his 119 yards rushing against the Raiders pitiful run defense. Not only will he not carry for that many yards again this week, he's still probably feeling the effects of it since he barely played all year.

2). The Ravens firing of Cameron had everything to do with under utilizing Ray Rice, the Ravens best playmaker outside of Torrey Smith. I see a gameplan centered around ball control (Ray Rice) in the attempt to keep Peyton off the field.

3). Did you watch the Broncos/Raiders game last Thursday? Moreno has no burst & is a shell of the dynamic player he was when he came out of Georgia.

Go ahead & start Moreno, but this thread will be bumped after Sunday. Good luck!

1. yeah, that is a bit concerning as the raiders rank second worst run def. concerned, yes. 32 carries helps

2. i will disagree with this. Cameron has always been a guy who has run the ball a lot. With all the Ravens talk of Flacco, he felt pressure and started airing it out more. This team bleeds run n gun - even ray lewis dropped 30 lbs in the offseason because of the change in gameplan. i see the new OC (previous QB coach) turning this into a different offense. Don't know which direction, but we don't know and playoffs are about certaintiy

3. agreed here as well. 32 touches alleviate this a bit

Cheers mate! Here's to hoping we're both advancing come Sunday night! :)

C'mon, they can't possible use him less. :rolleyes:

trying to find rushed + rec touches leaders, i bet rice is in top 10 of all rb/wr.

we look at rushes but remember the receptions as well

2b. To keep Peyton off the field & their "less than stellar" D off it too.

trying to find rushed + rec touches leaders, i bet rice is in top 10 of all rb/wr.

we look at rushes but remember the receptions as well

foster 332

peterson 303

martin 299

richardson 292

lynch 279

charles 270

rice 270

the top wr is CJohnson at 96, which ranks about 48th in the nfl

foster 332

peterson 303

martin 299

richardson 292

lynch 279

charles 270

rice 270

the top wr is CJohnson at 96, which ranks about 48th in the nfl

jw where'd you find this?

goes to show that rice is getting the ball plenty...

jw where'd you find this?

The internet

:)

NFL.com fantasy league has those stats.

goes to show that rice is getting the ball plenty...

So you are benching him?

in regards to Cameron being fired, i've watched a decent amount of baltimore snaps this season on Redzone.

the O play-calling was simply very vanilla. it's not creative at all. very predictable and it hurts everybody's value. that's why he was canned. i can't say Rice will get consistently more carries but if the play-calling is better, he should simply be able to produce better. i think Rice's value increases now, unless the offense has problems picking up what caldwell does in this transition period.

The Raiders D has given up 5, 100yd games this year, 2 of which came against Denver. They surrendered 35 yards on the ground to Ray Rice.

Denver has given up 3, 100yd games this year and only 3 rushing TDs.

Balt has given up 3, 100yd games (and another 4, 90+ games) and 10 rushing TDs.

If the Raiders are pitiful, the Ravens are equally so, having given up an average of 2 yards less per game. Denver on the other hand are 6th in the league and giving up over 35 yards a game LESS than the Ravens.