Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Revisiting Cam

I'm just curious. Is it still a bad decision to have drafted Cam Newton in the third round this year?

I traded for Cam early on after a hot start by Eli and Cam sucking hard. After having him for several weeks now I can very safely say I'd easily pay 3rd round price tag for him.

I always find it interesting where people got a specific player. Are the 8, 10, 12 or 14 team leagues? In my 12 team leagues, Cam never once fell past the 2.12 and I'm in quite a few leagues. 5th round for Cam Newton? Prior to the season he was listed as a top 4 QB by every magazine and "expert" out there. I can't even see Newton falling to the 5th round in a free Yahoo league.

I always find it interesting where people got a specific player. Are the 8, 10, 12 or 14 team leagues? In my 12 team leagues, Cam never once fell past the 2.12 and I'm in quite a few leagues. 5th round for Cam Newton? Prior to the season he was listed as a top 4 QB by every magazine and "expert" out there. I can't even see Newton falling to the 5th round in a free Yahoo league.

10 team money league.

I took, in order from the 3 spot, #1 Rice, #2 Lynch, #3 Julio Jones, #4 Sproles, #5 Cam.

Pretty much everybody in my league razzed me about this guy all year. I was winning games with him putting up average scores and now looking to win a title with him putting up monster games. Gotta be patient in fantasy.

Pretty much everybody in my league razzed me about this guy all year. I was winning games with him putting up average scores and now looking to win a title with him putting up monster games. Gotta be patient in fantasy.

Same situation for me. He was there at 3.12 in a 12 team redraft so I grabbed him. He was consistently average up until I secured the second seed for playoffs and then he blew up and my team looks unstoppable now.

I looked up the leagues I am in. In the leagues where the points per TD for a QB is 4 points for passing and 6 for rushing, he went between the 1.06 and 2.3 in every single league. In the 6 points for either passing/rushing, he fell to the 3rd round only once, going at the 3.02, so I stand corrected. All the leagues are a minimum of $100 entry with two being much higher. In my two high stakes leagues, the scoring is 4 points per passing 6 points per rushing and he went at the 1.06 and 1.08. If you got him in round 5, that's a heck of a deal.

Irrespective of where he was drafted, he's paid off. He was dnd for me but he's really only struggled against top tier defenses . Against all others, he's been decent to awesome. It'll be interesting to see what CAR does in the offseason. Don't think I'll be so reluctant to pull the trigger on him next year.