Sign in to follow this  
kmbryant09

2nd Tier Rankings

I wanted to start a thread about 2013 Rankings. But rather than everybody's obvious choices at the top, I was more interested in discussing the 2nd & 3rd Tier players.

RB's: After AP, Foster, and Rice, how do you rank guys like Charles, Lynch, McCoy - furthermore; who makes up the list from #7-15?

QB's: After Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Ryan, and Newton, who do you like from #7-12? Stafford? Romo? Kaep? Wilson? RG3/Luck?

WR's: Let's dig a little bit deeper. We know that the first ~8 WR's will likely be Calvin, BMarshall, Andre, A.J. Green, DThomas, Dez, and Julio. Who are the next 10-15 WR's that you like as reliable #2's?

TE's: After monster 2011 seasons, both Gronk & Graham regressed statistically in 2012. Yet they still put up #2 WR numbers, which I believe makes them much more valuable than #2 WR's and even low-end #1 because of the advantage it provides you at the TE position. With Gonzalez likely retiring, the TE position falls off quicker (& steeper) than any other position. So where would you rank Gronk & Graham?

I wanted to start a thread about 2013 Rankings. But rather than everybody's obvious choices at the top, I was more interested in discussing the 2nd & 3rd Tier players.

2nd tier RBs for 2013:

Tier 1A is AP, Foster, and Lynch You are going to get solid production out of these three if they stay healthy, and they are match-up proof.

Lynch has off-season questions that I have little insight into at present.

So the next tier (1B) is filled with these guys:

#4 Rice - I put him here tentatively due to his strange role on the Ravens these days. He is their best offensive player but he doesn't get the check-downs like he used to that made him a PPR beast and match-up proof. This is mostly because someone has convinced Flacco he is a good quarterback, when the truth of his distinct average-ness is plain to all. Now, with the emergence of Pierce, Rice could fall significantly as the front end of a split.

#5 Spiller - he is here due to potential.

I see Spiller as having a tremendously high ceiling. In Dynasty play, make your move now, as the hype will only intensify

#6 McCoy - he is here because he could not have been used more poorly in 2012 and had injuries. He will return to his ways as a PPR beast.

#7 Charles - he will fulfill his destiny under Reid, and this means a sky-high potential.

#8 Trent - he will once again be very solid, but yet, he remains in Cleveland.

#9 Martin - just plain talented.

This is where another tier begins in my mind, 2A.

Each of the following guys could be a very solid low end #1 or high-end #2, but will not finish in the top three.

Murray - needs to stay healthy

Morris - I need another season to believe Shanny will stick with him through any issues or injury

Forte - will remain a PPR prince

MJD - will have a solid 2013, I believe.

CJ - Me hate he.

Ridley - Very startable, but the Pats are the Pats.

Next tier 2B - the Mystery Men

Mathews - could you draft him before the 4th round? I couldn't.

DMC - to channel George Carlin: "Could be meat. Could be cake. Looks like meatcake". Meaning I cannot identify it at all.

Law Firm - He's in this tier but not a mystery - instead, solid #2 RB production. Yawn.

Gore - will he fall off the table, at long last? I think he's got one more.

LeShoure - needs touchdowns to get his numbers

Anyone in Pittsburgh

3A/B/C - the lottery tickets, weirdlings and old farts

Moreno/Hillman - if the split weren't so confounding, could be higher.

Wilson/Bradshaw - if Bradshaw fell off a cliff, an equal and opposite reaction would occur to Wilson

Reggie Bush

Sproles

SJax

John Stewart

Anyone in Arizona

Turner/Quizz

Anyone in Indy

Anyone in St Louis

Tier 4 - the crapshoots, off-balls and odd-ducks

Anyone in Green Bay

the back-ups to everyone above

And I have left the Jets entirely off the list, perhaps in an act of of protest, in the hopes you might too.

if we are talking about PPR leagues I see no way Sproles can be in the 3A/B/C tier. at worst, he has to be up there with the 2 A's

Moving on to Tight Ends.

Tier 1A - the edge

Gronk

Graham

Tier 1B - solid

Hernandez - is just waiting to have a better season than Gronk

Witten - 100+ catches?

Tier 2A - semi-solid

Olsen - love the potential

Tony G - if he persists

Pitta - should be very solid in 2013

Daniels - PPR positivity

Pettigrew - could swing into 1B if he rebounds

2B - the question marks

Vernon Davis - severely underused

Finley - where does he go? underused, headcase/handcase

Rudolph - limited upside

Gresham - arguably 2A, but I don't like him or Cincy

Gates - aging fast

if we are talking about PPR leagues I see no way Sproles can be in the 3A/B/C tier. at worst, he has to be up there with the 2 A's

Guilty as charged. But my thoughts are a split between PPR and non-PPR.