Sign in to follow this  
mowgli

Startup League with IDPs: the Champions League

I'm beginning a new league for the 2013 season called the Champions League. Some highlights of this League's features:

1. 16 teams organized into two(2) eight-team conferences further subdivided into two (2) four-team divisions.

2. Head-to-head style of play over a thirteen-week regular season with a total of 16 games.

3. Championship playoff bracket and consolation playoff bracket.

4. Team salary caps, player salaries and contracts.

5. Email-driven auction-style draft each year and weekly blind bidding free agency.

6. Traditional offensive player positions and individual defensive players with flex lineup option.

7. Performance style scoring.

8. Franchise or “keeper” players held over for the following season for each team. (This is NOT a dynasty league.)

We're looking at an entry fee of $55 with a first place payout of $300. Several positions are claimed by owners from my two existing leagues but I have at leaast six openings.

If you are interested please contact me. I have a dummy site up for the 2012 season so you can see how player stats looked using the scoring system.

Update to my original post....

As of March 21, the Champions League has an opening. We an owner unexpectedly drop out. Its imperative to fill the League by the end of March or so when we plan to run mock draft to acclimate everyone to the email auction draft we plan to use for the "real" draft.

Please contact me ASAP if interested.

Thanks.

Bump....sort of.

The Champions League was ready to start drafting TODAY until I had to suspend operations because AT LEAST THREE owners bowed out. I've run Leagues for 15 years and I've never experienced this sort of exodus so close to the beginning of the season (or the draft). I'm confident based on my communication with those owners that the reasons for leaving were personal and NOT related to the League.

So I am once again fielding interest from the community at large. As I said above, I have three openings as of right now. The information in my original post remains accurate. Right now I am targeting mid-June to start the email auction draft so time is of the essence.

Please contact me if you are interested in the Champions League!

I still have an opening in the Champions League. Take a look at the original post for more information or email me directly at tbaker96@gmail.com

Thanks!