10. gratefulted - Los Angeles Dodgers

11. Know Doubt - Arizona Diamondbacks

12. southcarolina - Boston Red Sox

13. Mookz - Baltimore Orioles

14. Jim Mora - Texas Rangers

15. 29 Guests - Houston Astros

16. Finbabble Garp - Milwaukee Brewers

Giants are back. :banana:

Of course I'll be back. It wouldn't be proper not giving you guys a chance to take the title away from me. :first:

It'd be nice if someone could shoot me an email or a message through here once things get rolling, though, because I only check FFToday maybe twice a year anymore.

im in again. dont think i'm going to rep the Marlins again. I just kind of chose a team last year. The Tigers are my current favorite team but being as they are taken ....

put me down for Tampa Bay

we also need to discuss the reworking of the 2 round supplemental draft that was discussed last season.

the normal draft is so random and dependent on your positioning relative to other owners with rights to your players that I still say the supplemental needs to be its own entity with a fresh draw for draft order.

need to improve on my second place from last year.. :banana:

Looks like 7 confirmed. This was a 16 team league? Might be time to make a post on the geek board or any other forums visited by last years members. I also recall the yankees, phillies and one other team being deadbeat by august

Somebody advertise then. We are getting close to pitchers/catchers reporting.

I'm in your mom

we also need to discuss the reworking of the 2 round supplemental draft that was discussed last season.

the normal draft is so random and dependent on your positioning relative to other owners with rights to your players that I still say the supplemental needs to be its own entity with a fresh draw for draft order.

:thumbsup:

it should go by what place you are in, not where you drafted.

:thumbsup:

it should go by what place you are in, not where you drafted.

I think he is talking about the supplemental after the original draft, not the one at the All-Star Break...

If GuardBum is reading this, I think your top post should keep a running list of who is in and what team they are representing so anyone coming to the board can see what teams are available.

I think he is talking about the supplemental after the original draft, not the one at the All-Star Break...

Oh, the one immediately after the draft?

That's new for me. I was out of this league for a # of years and that was added.

I do agree the order should not be reverse order of the draft, but the odds of getting the 1st pick should be like the NBA and weighted towards the teams that had the later picks. The same team should have a slim chance of picking 1st in both.

Oh, the one immediately after the draft?

That's new for me. I was out of this league for a # of years and that was added.

I do agree the order should not be reverse order of the draft, but the odds of getting the 1st pick should be like the NBA and weighted towards the teams that had the later picks. The same team should have a slim chance of picking 1st in both.

yes, i was talking about the 2 rounder we had right after the normal draft. Last year, we automatically did the reverse order of the draft. Which was not an awful way but it felt weird (at least to me and i recall a few other people as well) because the normal draft is so dependent on what teams are positioned where and the guy in the 16 hole could wind up with his top two or two of his top three targets if other owners have more pressing needs. Yet he would also get the top supplemental pick just because he "went last"? Theoretically, 'last' could really be 'second' in terms of that blue chip player. Meanwhile, someone slotted 5th could see 3 or 4 of his blue chip players taken right before him and then be at the back end of the supplemental.

Thats my appeal for a randomized supplemental draft. It's the last i'll say on it

p.s. however we do it won't change my particpation in this league. It is very fun :thumbsup:

I'm in but about the only thing I'll have time for is frafting :headbanger:

If GuardBum is reading this, I think your top post should keep a running list of who is in and what team they are representing so anyone coming to the board can see what teams are available.

I'll make that adjustment from home tonight.

I saw the invite from CMH to join this league again but I am going to have to pass. The concept of this league is really cool but as the season wore on last year and the Phillies continued to get worse and worse and have more and more injuries, I lost interest due to not even being able to field a starting player in a couple spots at times. I apogolize for being one of the "dead" teams late last season.

I also am heavily involved in a keeper baseball league and play A LOT of daily fantasy baseball on Fanduel and other sites every day, so I don't really have the time to devote to this league.

Hopefully someone can do the Phillies more justice than I did, but they aren't getting any younger. Probably best to leave them on the scrap heap.

To stews point, maybe it would be beneficial to add some other mechanic to aid in fielding a full team. Maybe allow each team 3 free agent adds during the year in the event they cant field a starting player at a position. Or maybe just three non exclusive adds at owners discretion

To stews point, maybe it would be beneficial to add some other mechanic to aid in fielding a full team. Maybe allow each team 3 free agent adds during the year in the event they cant field a starting player at a position. Or maybe just three non exclusive adds at owners discretion

Nope...

That is what a solid draft and trading is for...

And he finished 5 games below .500 last year (158-163-75) and he was able to field a starting lineup... When one of his players went down, he could have picked up his replacement that was probably exclusive to him...

I dont care either way I was just spitballing. Afterall, some teams do have a much larger player pool.

But there are indeed plenty of avenues to go down when in need of positional help.

Time to get back to my winning ways. Halos are in!

Oh you suck!

I mean... welcome back BC!!!

Hey GB, who is the 10th team that is registered that you don't have listed at the top?

Hey GB, who is the 10th team that is registered that you don't have listed at the top?

ted and the dodgers that I just added

we should let mookz take the O's.

we should let mookz take the O's.

Fine with me... I guess with stew definitely bailing on the Phillies, we can add him...

Fine with me... I guess with stew definitely bailing on the Phillies, we can add him...

Acreed

Let's put a deadline on adding teams and get started!!! :overhead:

How does this Friday sound for the teams deadline and then March 1st to start the draft?

As we need to implement the schedule for drafting we can do that by end of week 2. Mora's plan has always worked well to keep the draft on schedule as we know when to expect our 2 picks each day on that timeline.

we also need to agree or vote on determining the draft order for the intial 2 round supp.

Looks like... the astros are back?

Looks like... the astros are back?

Looks that way... That would be 29 Guests...

So that means that we need one more for 16 and to close it down...

Looks that way... That would be 29 Guests...

So that means that we need one more for 16 and to close it down...

Didnt he go months without even checking his team? :unsure: