Sign in to follow this  
7-year-old boy died after being buried in sand...

When I was in middle school a guy in my school died falling off a cliff during a school cross country running event.

F'in right wing cliffs.

A good friends brother died the same way when i was about 10. Construction site pile collapsed on him.

He was 8 i think

Did a grief counselor save your life?

A good friends brother died the same way when i was about 10. Construction site pile collapsed on him.

He was 8 i think

An 8 year old working construction. Times were tough.

They don't "need one". @sshole adults "tell them" they need one. The idea is not the children's own, it's liberal sh!thead adults that put the ideas in the young children's heads that they are too grief stricken to go on with classwork. When I was in 4th grade, a brick windbreaker wall on the gymnasium fell on 5 6th grade kids because they were pushing against it. One kid died(Justin), a 2 others were hospitalized from it. We watched outside the window as the ambulance put the dead body in it. And then it was back to school work for us. Of course this was in 1980, and liberal sh!theads weren't around to tell us all we couldn't handle death and be able to continue on with our schoolwork without counseling.

Seems like you turned out pretty focked up, though. Maybe you could have benefited from a grief counselor instead of your parents just throwing a bible your way.

:dunno:

Pretty sure you, RP and any other retread that continues to toss out the 'ban sand!' type of comments have him beat hands down. And how the hell would you know anything about what level these grief counselors are at? I know for a fact there are certifications out there offered by the American Institute of Health Care Professionals.

:lol: Thanks for proving my point. :lol:

Do you think having a CPR Certification qualifies you to practice medicine. :dunno:

Do you think having a CPR Certification qualifies you to practice medicine. :dunno:

I think having a CPR cerification makes it much more likely that you can help save someone's life.

Just like being a certified grief counselor probably makes it much more likely that you can help a small child deal with the death of a classmate.

:doh:

http://www.ksat.com/...html?hpt=us_bn8

SAN ANTONIO - Family and friends gathered at Wilderness Oak Elementary School on Sunday to remember the life of a young boy who died after being pulled from under a pile of sand.

Wyatt McDaniel died Friday evening after being airlifted to University Hospital.

Friends and family members tied orange ribbons around poles and trees all over the school's campus as a way to remember McDaniel.

"I've got little ones the same age just about and just really tug our heartstrings and we came to do our part," Catherine Monks said. "Our deepest deepest sympathy and hope that with time they can get through it all "

The North East Independent School District said parents of McDaniel's classmates were notified of his death on Saturday so they could determine how best to tell their children.

Grief counselors will be on hand at the school Monday to help students cope with McDaniel's death.

I agree with the pussification of America but... sweet jeebus, I open this thread and people are arguing about grief counselors? Who cares? I don't read the above and think that they are going to take every kid out of class for a month of therapy. They'll probably talk to the class, maybe have a few one-off discussions if a kid wants. And even if a kid or two does it because he thinks he is getting one over on the school, he'll learn more in that discussion than he will in an hour of 2nd grade class. :dunno:

I agree with the pussification of America but... sweet jeebus, I open this thread and people are arguing about grief counselors? Who cares? I don't read the above and think that they are going to take every kid out of class for a month of therapy. They'll probably talk to the class, maybe have a few one-off discussions if a kid wants. And even if a kid or two does it because he thinks he is getting one over on the school, he'll learn more in that discussion than he will in an hour of 2nd grade class. :dunno:

:thumbsup:

I went over the top in this thread, I admit, but I was just astounded that anyone would take issue with this.

When I was in middle school a guy in my school died falling off a cliff during a school cross country running event.

Triathlon fale.

Liberal arts and graphic arts students needed something other than flipping burgers to do.

This coming from a plumber :lol:

There's not a single state in the union where professional mental counselors of any kind aren't mandated by law to have at least a Master's. :dunno:

I'd have thought people would just laugh at your moronic assertion that it's nothing but on the job training or gumball machine certification, and would have thought it was obvious that in this instance (just like all others) that you try desperately to make "points" based on things you haven't got the slightest clue in the world on. MK-Ultra? Cloward-Piven? These things ring a bell to anybody?

But since it's dragging out here, I figure I should chime in to correct you, as always. Burden of yenius, I suppose.

If anyone needs verification on this, it's easy to find at the Bureau of Labor Statistics over bls.gov way.

There's not a single state in the union where professional mental counselors of any kind aren't mandated by law to have at least a Master's. :dunno:

I'd have thought people would just laugh at your moronic assertion that it's nothing but on the job training or gumball machine certification, and would have thought it was obvious that in this instance (just like all others) that you try desperately to make "points" based on things you haven't got the slightest clue in the world on. MK-Ultra? Cloward-Piven? These things ring a bell to anybody?

But since it's dragging out here, I figure I should chime in to correct you, as always. Burden of yenius, I suppose.

If anyone needs verification on this, it's easy to find at the Bureau of Labor Statistics over bls.gov way.

Why does anyone waste time with this moron :dunno:

sooooo, no word yet on how?

BEXAR COUNTY, Tex. — Officials in Texas say it was a “freak accident” that killed a 7-year-old boy near San Antonio.

Authorities responded to a call on Friday that the boy had been buried in the sand by his younger brother at a local horse farm.

:o

Kid was at a horse farm so I'm guessing he was white. If he was black, the cat turd jokes would be hilarious.

Too bad Rossetti wasn't there or his father would "owe him"

Okay that was heartless ................ :ninja:

Seems like you turned out pretty focked up, though. Maybe you could have benefited from a grief counselor instead of your parents just throwing a bible your way.

:dunno:

:lol:

I'm focked up? I'm the most stable man on these forums by far. I own my own land, house, and motor vehicles. I'm not a divorced a-hole who can't keep his family in check. I'm one of God's chosen elect. I have a bachelor of arts degree. I have never been unemployed since i entered college at 18 years old, and drawn checks from the feds because of being unemployed like a thief does. I have no criminal record at all. And the stable list goes on........

But enough about bragging on me, I'm not the type to brag.

They say things come in threes. Superstorm Sandy, Sandy Hook, and sandy seven year old. :unsure: I was expecting Olivia Newton John to eat it.