Sign in to follow this  
lambert58

Draft Discussion/Commentary...

I was hoping to land James Shields but that didn't work out either.

Cmh - I was delighted when the dodgers took agonz, thinking you would automatically take zach. So I was looking for shields either way

I know I need to focus on some infield but I cant resist a semi stud pitcher

I was hoping to land James Shields but that didn't work out either.

:lol:

because you are a failure.

I had no idea how shallow this got how fast. Round two and I'm already picking a guy whose swing fell apart and may be suspended a third of the season. Yeesh. :shocking:

Just wait when you are in the 9th or 10th round grabbing a guy who is 25th guy off the bench...

I had no idea how shallow this got how fast. Round two and I'm already picking a guy whose swing fell apart and may be suspended a third of the season. Yeesh. :shocking:

I'll be lucky if I could grab Juan Uribe before the 2nd rd. is over :wall:

You guys complaining and I was stuck with drafting Colby Effing Rasmus in THE FIRST ROUND!!! :thumbsdown:

3.6 Alicedes Escobar, SS, KC

Not sure if I let him slide because I thought Cruz was a smarter play, or because I felt bad about getting Greinke and didn't want to snake two guys from you, but either way I was pretty sure you'd pounce. :thumbsup:

I was hoping for Rasmus or Melky in 3.

I was hoping for Rasmus in the third... not the first.

With the exception of Pujols, the first round did not go anything like I though it would. Still shocked at some players still on the board who I would have taken early over who was picked.

EDIT: Just saw that 29 grabbed Hunter Pence in the 3rd. His strategy worked well for him because I could not believe Ed let him pass at the turn with both picks.

Not sure if I let him slide because I thought Cruz was a smarter play, or because I felt bad about getting Greinke and didn't want to snake two guys from you, but either way I was pretty sure you'd pounce. :thumbsup:

It was either pounce now or hope for willie bloomquist or mike aviles, whoe are only reserves or be forced to use a supplemental pick on a SS. A least now I have a full starting lineup and have some flexibility with my supplemental picks.

Hunter seems like a monster value in the 3rd. :headbanger:

But WTF do I know? :headbanger:

I was counting on him being taken pick 1.02. That would have freed me up for Berkman in the 2nd and I though CMH would grab Greinke freeing me up for Beltran in the 1st..

So instead of Beltran/Berkman I have Rasmus/Furcal <_<

:lol: I've had the luxury of him as an exclusive for the last few years, I figured there was little shot he slipped past you in the second.

It does get very shallow very quickly. Before you know it, we'll be fighting over guys like Kameron Loe and Doug Davis. Can't wait to miss out on those two. :(

With the exception of Pujols, the first round did not go anything like I though it would. Still shocked at some players still on the board who I would have taken early over who was picked.

EDIT: Just saw that 29 grabbed Hunter Pence in the 3rd. His strategy worked well for him because I could not believe Ed let him pass at the turn with both picks.

ed wouldn't know baseball talent if Alex Rios bit him in the ass

I have enough Giants, I don't want my whole lineup made of Giants, they suck on offense. Did you see the World Series? Pence sucks

Sorry guys i was planning on making my picks this morning before i went to work and then i overslept and had to rush out and i dont have internet access at work.

So....sorry.

3.04 R.A. Dickey, SP, TOR

Good pull Brike. I was hoping with your depth I might be able to grab him without any hesitation this round. Nice job. :thumbsup:

Good pull Brike. I was hoping with your depth I might be able to grab him without any hesitation this round. Nice job. :thumbsup:

Thought about it, but couldn't let the Cy Young winner slide that far.

I removed from the round 1/2 draft thread Burt complaining about me changing my pick to Rafael Soriano... The reason that I thought I was able to change my pick was because no one had yet drafted after my original pick, so I changed it after having second thoughts...

I didn't see anything wrong with changing it... If someone else had picked, I would have not been able to make the change...

I removed from the round 1/2 draft thread Burt complaining about me changing my pick to Rafael Soriano... The reason that I was able to change my pick was no one had yet drafted after my original pick, so I changed it after having second thoughts...

I didn't see anything wrong with changing it... If someone else had picked, I would have not been able to make the change...

Actually I believe the dodgers picked shane victorino at 2.12. Maybe im just confused... I thought it was stated that a pick is official when all the picks before it have been made, which they were.

But its actually only official if someone enters a pick after you do? But not if someone picked after you draft order wise?

Im just wondering. Doesnt effect me as im not landing soriano either way.

Actually I believe the dodgers picked shane victorino at 2.12. Maybe im just confused... I thought it was stated that a pick is official when all the picks before it have been made, which they were.

But its actually only official if someone enters a pick after you do? But not if someone picked after you draft order wise?

Im just wondering. Doesnt effect me as im not landing soriano either way.

Its official only when posty gets the player he wants.

I know last year ted took someone then I took Ervin Santana, but after I hit submit on my pick, he had changed his pick to Santana...

I lost out on Santana...

I emailed cmh and told him he should decide since he is the commissioner...

But honestly, I don't see what the problem is there was no other pick after I made my initial one... But cmh should make the decision...

I'd suggest a rule where a pick you post becomes official as soon as somebody posts a pick chronologically after you.

Even though it may not be instantly obvious that your pick "affects" theirs, that can't be 100% sure in a draft like this. You never know how deep somebody is thinking these things out, and your pick may make somebody more confident that a second party won't be selecting a certain player that could effect their pick, and so on.

I'm all for allowing picks ahead of your slot so long as you can't be stopped, but once any pick is made after you in real time, you should be on the hook for your guy no matter what.

Just my newbish opinion.

I'd suggest a rule where a pick you post becomes official as soon as somebody posts a pick chronologically after you.

Even though it may not be instantly obvious that your pick "affects" theirs, that can't be 100% sure in a draft like this. You never know how deep somebody is thinking these things out, and your pick may make somebody more confident that a second party won't be selecting a certain player that could effect their pick, and so on.

I'm all for allowing picks ahead of your slot so long as you can't be stopped, but once any pick is made after you in real time, you should be on the hook for your guy no matter what.

Just my newbish opinion.

That is the thing, there were no picks that was made (time wise) after my pick... I made the original pick at 9:30pm ET and then changed my mind an hour later at 10:30pm, deleted the original pick and posted the new one... I could have just edited the original pick and it would have had the original time stamp with no proof of editing, but I did not do that... I posted a new one to show that I made a change so others can notice the change...

Yes there was a 2.12 pick, but that was made before my original 2.10 pick...

Someone said thatt the pujols pick at 1.2 was not official until burt made the 1.1

By this logic, the 2.10 would be official as every pick before it had been made.

Later picks in terms of drsft order had also been made.

The only thing that didnt happen was another pick actually eing entered for the secod round although I dont know when blac clouds made his pick.. before or after the change and ibbelieve round 3 picks were entered afterwards.

Cmh probably needs to set forth a rule in writing

Screw it... I don't think what I did was wrong, but I will go back to my original pick to put this unnecessary headache to bed...

I know last year ted took someone then I took Ervin Santana, but after I hit submit on my pick, he had changed his pick to Santana...

I lost out on Santana...

I emailed cmh and told him he should decide since he is the commissioner...

But honestly, I don't see what the problem is there was no other pick after I made my initial one... But cmh should make the decision...

This is true, it wasn't Santana but I changed it about 15 seconds after I cut and pasted the wrong name, I believe I also did it to burt the year before. I may have focked up on every draft since I started in this league.

I think the ruling has always come from 2 factors. If a real time pick happens following the pick or if the pick is on the clock and the draft is not waiting on any gap picks the pick is official.

If one is picking ahead, and decides to change, its good. Not sure which situation this was here. I recognize the real time chronological pick wasn't made so posty is clear there.

Was the draft caught up otherwise?

Still deciding on people who may not make it back to me in round 4 so ill go ahead and pick rodney since im before the tigers and angels in round 4.

Now I have to make a decision on round 3.

I think the ruling has always come from 2 factors. If a real time pick happens following the pick or if the pick is on the clock and the draft is not waiting on any gap picks the pick is official.

If one is picking ahead, and decides to change, its good. Not sure which situation this was here. I recognize the real time chronological pick wasn't made so posty is clear there.

Was the draft caught up otherwise?

I beleive he was OTC