Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Danny Amendola to Pats

Welker was never that good -- he was/is a good route runner and can take a hit - thats it -- his hands in big games are like an alligator.

DA - is actually a better more athletic version of Welker only issue is injuries.

This some kind of bad bait fishing trip or what?

This some kind of bad bait fishing trip or what?

Gotta be. Brady completed 72% of his passes to Welker, which is the highest percentage of any receiver he has played with.

BTW - Pats signed Donald Jones today as well. Brandon Lloyd probably will be cut tomorrow.

Gotta be. Brady completed 72% of his passes to Welker, which is the highest percentage of any receiver he has played with.

BTW - Pats signed Donald Jones today as well. Brandon Lloyd probably will be cut tomorrow.

Lloyd may restructure

Here is some footage of Jones meeting one of his new teammates:

A Patriot introducing himself to new teammate

Awesome. A perfect form tackle. Clean as hell and just de-cleated the guy. Helps that he's probably got about 150 pounds on Jones. Still, nice to see someone in the NFL tackle correctly once per year.

Patriots signed Emanuel Sanders to an offer sheet. The Steelers can match the offer or take the Patriots 3rd rounder in compensation I guess conventional wisdon is that the Steelers are in such a salary cap mess, that retaining Sanders is unlikely.

So....

Gronk (23)

Hernandez (23)

Ballard (25)

Amendola (27)

Donald Jones (25)

Sanders (25)

plus

Matt Slater (special team ace...we wont count him)

plus

Lloyd a possible restructure - not sure if these recent signings would mean Lloyd gets cut

plus

Edelman, Stallworth and Branch still all UFA's - probably Stallworth and Branch are gone, not sure if these recent signings means Edelman wont be brought back either...there are three scrub WRs still listed on the Patriots roster also, for the right money Edelman surely is better than those three.

Assuming Pittsburg doesnt match Sanders offer sheet, thats not too shabby. I mean none of the WRs on their own blows me away, but its the first time in a while i can remember having a receiving corps where all the primary guys are all youngish, athletic and capable NFL performers. Edelman is 26, and even Brandon Lloyd is only 31. Again assuming Sanders, the Patriots receiving corps just got a ton younger and more athletic.

Sanders hasn't signed an offer sheet...still might happen but that first report was false.

Sanders hasn't signed an offer sheet...still might happen but that first report was false.

I haven't seen the retraction anywhere. Of course that signing came late in the evening and anybody that would clarity the situation is probably still asleep.

I haven't seen the retraction anywhere. Of course that signing came late in the evening and anybody that would clarity the situation is probably still asleep.

Schefter clarified it and said nothing was signed or even offered.

Going to miss Welker no doubt, but DA is a good signing. Looking forward to the season. :pointstosky:

stay white, stay tight. :banana:

Going to miss Welker no doubt, but DA is a good signing. Looking forward to the season. :pointstosky:

stay white, stay tight. :banana:

Amendola going to Pats raised his trade value tremendously. He has a LOT of talent, but he's also a huge risk. I traded him in dynasty while his value was at it's peak. Pre-season hype. Always a good time to trade players that recently switched teams!

Amendola going to Pats raised his trade value tremendously. He has a LOT of talent, but he's also a huge risk. I traded him in dynasty while his value was at it's peak. Pre-season hype. Always a good time to trade players that recently switched teams!

I'm curious what you got in return? I've got Amendola as my WR 3 in a start-up Dynasty League, but would love to trade him for something more reliable.

Was hoping/shooting for M. Crabtree but the owner shot me down.

I haven't seen amendola grass v turf splits, but Patriots let welker go at the right time. As a niner fan, happy he's out of st louis

Not surprising but I believe Pats are smarter than the armchair stat geeks on this one.

Not a Pat's fan, but being a Niner fan I see the DA can do. Dude is a killer out of the slot. Physical skills > than Welker.

Keep in mind DA did his damage on a TERRIBLE Stl team.

I think DA on the Pats will be DAMN good, and a better longer term solution for the Pats as their slot guy.

Given that they had already moved on from Welker, Amendola makes sense as a calculated gamble.

Yet .. did they really have to pay $6M+ a year for him? Who else was going to give him $31M after missing so many games?

Shouldn't they have been able to dictate the price a bit more given his injury history?

If they had locked him in at $4M a year for 5 years & he produces Welker lite #s, they'd look like geniuses. At $6M a year, he better produce Welker like #s or they'll have lost the gamble.

Given that they had already moved on from Welker, Amendola makes sense as a calculated gamble.

Yet .. did they really have to pay $6M+ a year for him? Who else was going to give him $31M after missing so many games?

Shouldn't they have been able to dictate the price a bit more given his injury history?

If they had locked him in at $4M a year for 5 years & he produces Welker lite #s, they'd look like geniuses. At $6M a year, he better produce Welker like #s or they'll have lost the gamble.

A couple other teams were after him. I agree the contract is too rich but maybe others were willing to pay him that much or more :dunno: