Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

First Non Official FFToday Mock Draft Discussion

This is the thread for draft discussion, ie: I was hoping to land Romo there but had to settle on Cutler/Freeman, that type of stuff along with a post draft thoughts recap. What was your strategy going in, who has the best team, what picks did you like/hate, what would you do over...ect

Discuss your picks, strategy or ###### about the owner who stole your pick ahead of you.

Hopefully we can each do a post draft analysis on our team, our strategy and what we liked/hated about our draft and what we might do different next time.

Great idea Matt. This'll be a good place for other members to comment (bash) our individual picks throughout the draft process.

hopefully we can get Mike to pin these two threads until completion.

should be a good resource for members.

i know we also do an official June Mock (of which I may have been the champion of last year :thumbsup: ) but maybe Mike will even wan't to post the results of this mock to the main site as a tool.

I gotta give Ralphster credit for the separate thread idea.

What's the over/under on when this thing actually get's started?

giraldi02 you are on the clock!

I gotta give Ralphster credit for the separate thread idea.

Many thanks Mulls. You're a class act. But I can't take credit for the idea.

Once we get rolling I would suggest making one thread for selections and one for commentary.

1.01 - Adrian Peterson. While I didn't go too far in depth with this pick...I think the biggest asset of the first pick is landing a player that has the highest...or closest to the highest...FLOOR. ADP has proven that he is a fantasy stud every season. Maybe he doesn't live up to expectations this season ( see Miguel Cabrera) but he surely won't disappoint like a Chris Johnson or Darren McFadden. I have a running back that will start every week minus his bye and I don't have to worry one bit about matchups. Again...its about minimizing risk. Peterson shows that he has none.

The 1.01 pick boils down to who you like better, AP or Foster. Not sure you're gonna see too many drafts this season where it's not one of these two being picked 1 & 2 overall.

Good stuff. I like the idea of a small draft comment, with more explanation here.

AP is def my #1 overall. Dude was dominant last year.

P.S. Props to WW :cheers:

Also I'm fine with submitting the picks one by one as they come in in the format that was started. It's small and keeps the thread easy to read imo.

What I can do is after the 1st round is post a recap in the draft thread, or this one or both...let me know, so that we can more easily see who is off the board.

I can do the same after each round.

Son of B!tch Shiz! Patches O Shenanigans stole Dougy fresh from me.

Edit: Ok now that I'm over my loss I'll elucidate: T Rich should be a more than serviceable RB1 for the next few years. He's the sum and total of the Cleveland offense for the time being and makes a fine start to my squad.

Yeah picking 1st or 2nd most drafts will be a combination of AP or Foster. This is a easy pick to make. Foster is the workhorse for Houston and should get 300+ touches and it doesn't hurt that he is a end zone junkie ! He has to have it !

1.03 Doug Martin-This pick was a hard one to make since picks 1 and 2 are no brainers and the next tier of RBs all have their pros and cons. For me I wanted an every down back with big upside, fresh legs, little injury risk and no RBBC risk. It also doesn't hurt that he can do some damage in the passing game as well. Plus, the numbers he put up last year were mostly without his best guard in front of him. He didn't really get going last year until half way through the season either so I'm hoping with a year under his belt he'll put together a full solid season. I know the Floor on Martin game to game is a lot lower than Peterson and Foster but his breakout ability was too much to pass up.

I like Trich this year , if the browns can improve their passing game and defense vs the pass Trich won't be facing so many 8-9 man fronts. And he'll improve on his rookie season stats 267 carries 950 yds 11 tds !

I like Trich this year , if the browns can improve their passing game and defense vs the pass Trich won't be facing so many 8-9 man fronts. And he'll improve on his rookie season stats 267 carries 950 yds 11 tds !

he got a lot of receptions too.

If I don't make my pick here in the next 45 mins or so, you may not see it for about five or six hours.

If I don't make my pick here in the next 45 mins or so, you may not see it for about five or six hours.

My pick at 6 is narrowed down to 2 players. If you want to text me your top 3 choices now I would do a write in for you.

Mulls 201-575-1226

My pick at 6 is narrowed down to 2 players. If you want to text me your top 3 choices now I would do a write in for you.

Mulls 201-575-1226

PM sent

I'm gonna leave my number up there.

If anyone is in a similar situation and wants to either PM their top choices or text me I'm good with helping out.

Especially now in the early rounds.

I'm gonna leave my number up there.

I'll be the one calling late night breathing heavily and demanding to know where my 2 orders of Kung Pao Chicken are ;)

damn i dont like to be that guy who wasted 2 hours of clock. i checked in when we were at 1.2. sorry all.

Jamaal Charles - Andy Reid.... Brian Westbrook..... Xxxxxx Xxxxx..... Jamaal Charles. Thats really all i need to say about the pick. When i took the 5 slot, I had a top 5 in mind. 4 of those are now gone. my top two was ADP and Foster but those are the obvious 1-2 picks so techincally i had a top 3 and Charles was my top choice.

2 other guys i could have gone with and been fine, so at this point I think picking inside the top 6 is nice.

edit: through 1.7, those other 2 guys are still on the board.

edit: through 1.7, those other 2 guys are still on the board.

Hard to believe McCoy/Rice are still there.

Through 1.4 I was fine with the picks. As we waited for WW, I PMed three names to Matt.... CJ Spiller, Calvin Johnson, and Jamaal Charles. If I had an 8 it would be Lynch.

So my top eight are off the board through eight picks.

Gotta say, Spiller was who I was hoping would fall when I took the 1.7 spot. He was otherworldly in the games that FJax got hurt in. The only thing holding him back was his former coach who insisted on RBBC.

edit: I take it back a bit, things get shakey after the first two RBs, these picks 3-10 could go lots of ways. To me, I have a big dropoff at 11.

At .5 PPR, I thought Ray Rice was a no brainer at #10. Baltimore made a concerted effort to "save" RR for a SB run by limiting his touches...imo...which worked out beautifully. That is a luxury I don't think they'll have in 2013. I'm projecting about 2 or more touches per game this year.

Considered McCoy with the new offensive system but I think the first round is all about survival and RR is the safer play.

so on my early board i have them

ADP

Foster

Charles

Rice

Calvin

Spiller

Martin

2011-12 NY Jets and NFL predictions:

- NY Jets go 13-3 and win the AFC east (wrong)

- Sanchez and Tebow makes the AFC ProBowl roster (wrong)

- No rookie QBs will finish in the top 15 @ the QB position using FFToday scoring (way wrong)

- NE Patriots will not make playoffs (wrong)

:thumbsup: :lol:

BufordT snatched up my favorite player in Ray Rice the pick before mine. Well played, Sir. So that left me with my next best rated running back in McCoy. While I owned him last year & it was frustrating to say the least, he still catches plenty of passes. Throw in the addition of Chip Kelly & I like his prospects in that dynamic offense. Hopefully Jason Peters can come back at full strength & the Eagles land either Joeckel or Fischer in the draft. The offensive line should be greatly improved & McCoy's production can return to his 2011 campaign.

:thumbsup: :lol:

hey fido

i think you're the only one who bit that

Rodgers went too early for my taste. There's a huge drop at RB after the first nine (plus Calvin). I think that nine/ten spot is a great place to pick this year, catch the end of a wave. There's eight or so that are really good and he's sure to get a crack at Rodgers or the #2/#3 guy on the way back next round. The two RBs that went after him, you aren't going to see that quality again. coming back in the 2nd.

Rodgers went too early for my taste. There's a huge drop at RB after the first nine (plus Calvin). I think that nine/ten spot is a great place to pick this year, catch the end of a wave. There's eight or so that are really good and he's sure to get a crack at Rodgers or the #2/#3 guy on the way back next round. The two RBs that went after him, you aren't going to see that quality again. coming back in the 2nd.

based on tiers id currently rather be picking in the top half. you're correct in the dropoff but then i see a really big tier lasting until mid 3rd.

Agree for the most part. 9/10 is not a bad spot provided at least a combination of two non-RB's go in the top 8.

At 4 points/passing TD, I wouldn't be able to pull the trigger on a QB in the first round.

I usually like the 12 spot, but I was unsure about it for this year. With all of the RBs going as expected, Brees was an easy pick for me here. For the 2nd pick, I toyed with the idea of Alfred Morris. Morris is a top 10 to RB if Griffin is ready to go week 1. However, I agree with picking players with the lowest floor for the first couple of rounds. A lot of people have Dez Bryant ahead of Green this year, but I think Green is a better bet for consistency. I also thought about pairing up Brees and Graham, but there are some TE's I like later in the draft.

2.1 A.J. Green

to high to take ajg imo

Voltaire 1.07 CJ Spiller

to high for this guy with r rice and a morris from the skins still out there imo

1.04 Trent Richardson

wow with out question this is the biggest reach in the first round... to many better rbs still out there and who play on better teams ..i mean before m lynch wow

I usually like the 12 spot, but I was unsure about it for this year. With all of the RBs going as expected, Brees was an easy pick for me here. For the 2nd pick, I toyed with the idea of Alfred Morris. Morris is a top 10 to RB if Griffin is ready to go week 1. However, I agree with picking players with the lowest floor for the first couple of rounds. A lot of people have Dez Bryant ahead of Green this year, but I think Green is a better bet for consistency. I also thought about pairing up Brees and Graham, but there are some TE's I like later in the draft.

Hate to name drop guys out there. Morris is a great RB for regular leagues but he's not a first rounder in PPR especially over Spiller.

Green started of hot then cooled as last year went on. I was kicking myself for taking a different non-Megatron WR ahead of him last year but it worked out fine in the end.

Agree with you on the 12 spot. It's usually a fine place, but this year would be the first that I dread it. Same with 3/4/5. 3-10 is all looking interchangable for the first round. 9/10 looks IMO to be the best/safest spot (toegther with perenial favorites 1/2) just take who's left over from the first eight/nine picks.

Considering the options, Green/Brees is as good as (no worse than) other combos.

to high for this guy with r rice and a morris from the skins still out there imo

You must not have noticed the games he played when FJax was out. He was week in-week out #1/#2RB those games. It was unreal they re-installed RBBC again after FJax got healthy. The new coaching staff won't make that mistake.

Obviously, I'm very high on Spiller this year. I think seven will be a huge discount over where he'll go next year.

As for Morris, it's PPR. And Rice is going the other way that Spiller is ... towards RBBC, not out of it. I like Spiller much more than these guys honestly.