Sign in to follow this  
DrMantisToboggan

My Breakout TE this Year...

Jordan Cameron - Browns

That is all

Allen has the skills but I wonder the impact of Fleener.

Cameron has the build but hasn't been trusted to 'be the guy' to date. Cleveland didn't bring in any serious competition this year though, so he's got a lot of upside.

Myers in New York should maintain high value too.

Myers in New York should maintain high value too.

:thumbsup:

Well, if we can pick somebody who has already broken out, change my entry to Gronkowski.

Well, if we can pick somebody who has already broken out, change my entry to Gronkowski.

break out not break arm

Well, he is due for a herpes break out any time now. :dunno:

Robert Housler in Arizona could pull a Brandon Myers this year, with Palmer at QB.

Adrien Robinson NYG

Green, Ladarius SDC

Graham, Garrett HOU

Thompson, Taylor TEN

Thomas, Julius DEN

Moeaki, Tony KCC

DJ WIlliams GBP

These are FA TEs I've got my eys on from the league where I'm in desperate need of a TE. I moved Owen Daniels in a package for Cam Newton which left me thin and then Scott Chandler blew out his knee. I've got Keller #1 and Moeaki as #2 in that league, I picked up Moeaki the last week before waivers closed for the season by dumping Chandler.

Sadly all the other ones folks mentioned in this thread on other rosters. Housler and Cameron especially will be trade targets from my QB stockpile.

Keep an eye on Taylor Thompson, Delanie Walker isn't well known for his receiving skills or ability to stay healthy. He could be a sneaky add for you. Good luck.

Keep an eye on Taylor Thompson, Delanie Walker isn't well known for his receiving skills or ability to stay healthy. He could be a sneaky add for you. Good luck.

Thompson is still VERY raw from everything I read, but definetly skilled and somone to watch in training camp

IMO: now is the time to add him but I wouldnt expect anything special for another year..

Thompson is still VERY raw from everything I read, but definetly skilled and somone to watch in training camp

IMO: now is the time to add him but I wouldnt expect anything special for another year..

Gracias. I was mainly looking at his situation being better than most of the options listed there. :thumbsup:

Jordan Cameron - Browns

That is all

As a Browns fan, I hope you're right. With Chud and Norv coaching, it seems like if he's going to have a breakout year, this would be it. Seems like he's definitely worth a late-round fantasy flyer.

I like Casey this year too

Do you think he's going to beat Celek out for Eagles TE1 this year?

Do you think he's going to beat Celek out for Eagles TE1 this year?

No more than I think Hernandez will beat out Gronkowski. That's not to say I think Casey is Hernandez but I expect he will be used in a similar way

break out not break arm

seriously Gronk broke his arm again on a routine bump going to the ground. I am thinking that arm is never really going to heal right.

Robert Housler in Arizona could pull a Brandon Myers this year, with Palmer at QB.

Good point!

seriously Gronk broke his arm again on a routine bump going to the ground. I am thinking that arm is never really going to heal right.

Wow. Couldn't be more right.

According to the Boston Herald, Rob Gronkowski (forearm) may need to have another surgery that could put his Week 1 status in question.

Gronkowski underwent his third surgery on the forearm in mid-February to try and cure an infection. He's nearing the end of a six-week cycle of antibiotics, and doctors aren't certain if the infection has been eliminated. Gronkowski has to have the metal plate in his arm replaced, and if the infection is still hanging around then doctors will have to wait until it disappears before they install the new plate. That would not give Gronk the required ten weeks of healing to be ready for Week 1. Gronk and his doctors are expected to meet within a week.

I know he had a decent statistical season last year but I think Kyle Rudolph could join the ranks of Gronk & Graham if he gets utilized like he was in the Pro Bowl. I know there's no defense played in that game but I've never understood why the Vikings offensive coordinator don't split him out wide more often. With the eneptitude of Ponder's ability to throw downfield, Rudolph should see more targets as his safety valve this season.

Adrien Robinson NYG

Green, Ladarius SDC

Graham, Garrett HOU

Thompson, Taylor TEN

Thomas, Julius DEN

Moeaki, Tony KCC

DJ WIlliams GBP

These are FA TEs I've got my eys on from the league where I'm in desperate need of a TE. I moved Owen Daniels in a package for Cam Newton which left me thin and then Scott Chandler blew out his knee. I've got Keller #1 and Moeaki as #2 in that league, I picked up Moeaki the last week before waivers closed for the season by dumping Chandler.

Sadly all the other ones folks mentioned in this thread on other rosters. Housler and Cameron especially will be trade targets from my QB stockpile.

The reason i dropped green in my dynasty league is due to rivers. He is showing his age and just isnt all that good any more. Typically a great te needs the right qb to get him the ball. Rarely does a mediocre qb lead to a great season for a te statistically

The reason i dropped green in my dynasty league is due to rivers. He is showing his age and just isnt all that good any more. Typically a great te needs the right qb to get him the ball. Rarely does a mediocre qb lead to a great season for a te statistically

I'm pretty desperate to keep my eyes on these guys. Fortunatly, the league is awash in TEs, fate played out that I just don't have any besides Keller. My problem is there just aren't enough roster spots to go around to stash these guys.

How long are you going to sit on Green when Gates is there? Same with Graham/Daniels. I don't think Denver has anybody special at TE but Thomas can't stay healthy- a season ending injury on your first career reception is tragic. Robinson has the tools, see how he does with Myers there who had a breakout garbage time stats in Oakland. He might get a chance. Thompson is in his third year after converting from DE, he's never done squat as a TE but the receiving TE job has opened in Tenn. Unfortunatly, Tenn couldn't use Cook properly for FF purposes. Moeaki has a starting job locked up and looked good as a rookie with poo at QB then got hurt and had a down year last season. Now he's a year removed still no #2 WR and a serious upgrade to lowly Smith at QB. DJ Williams has shown flashes and was a decent flyer if Finley left; Finley stayed.

Jake Ballard, NEP

With their two stud TE's whom seem to be made of toothpicks & duct tape, this could be a deep sleeper play at tight end. Probably won't get drafted but I could see him becoming a waiver wire darling if the cards fall into place.

Jake Ballard, NEP

Thanks, he slipped under my radar, I'm putting him on my list.