Sign in to follow this  
Cara

Could we have an fftoday league?

Has FFtoday ever tried to put together an fftoday league? Maybe you already have one.... It would be fun to have a large league with many of the posters here involved. I've seen other fantasy websites rent the MFL software and then sell the leagues on their site. Any chance of fftoday doing this?

Has FFtoday ever tried to put together an fftoday league? Maybe you already have one.... It would be fun to have a large league with many of the posters here involved. I've seen other fantasy websites rent the MFL software and then sell the leagues on their site. Any chance of fftoday doing this?

Is the sky blue? This is a FF site. We have started lots of leagues here.

Do you want to do a redraft, keeper, or dynasty league? Free or Buy in?

Personally, I wouldn't mind setting up a free 28-32 team dynasty league.

Is the sky blue? This is a FF site. We have started lots of leagues here.

Do you want to do a redraft, keeper, or dynasty league? Free or Buy in?

Personally, I wouldn't mind setting up a free 28-32 team dynasty league.

Hmmm, if I had my choice, a 1 ppr dynasty or redraft would be perfect. 28-32 teams? I've never played in one over 16 teams. Definitely a buy-in league. Free leagues usually have half the owners stop playing or paying attention once they are out of contention.

Now that I think about it, maybe a team league. Five teams with twelve members per team patterned on the IBL. It might take some effort recruiting 60 folks though.

The only problem I could see with this is inactives. Once you get that many people involved, there's bound to be some that slack off or quit. That could be remedied by making partner teams, but that kinda sucks trying to make 2-person decisions. Other than that, it sounds fun. I don't post a whole lot, just read and absorb, but I'd definitely be down for something like that.

Hmmm, if I had my choice, a 1 ppr dynasty or redraft would be perfect. 28-32 teams? I've never played in one over 16 teams. Definitely a buy-in league. Free leagues usually have half the owners stop playing or paying attention once they are out of contention.

You've got a mis-impression. Probably from signing up anonymously at public yahoo leagues with people you don't know and a message board bereft of messages. All the free leagues I'm involved in are recruited from message boards and are competitive with low, low turnover. We wouldn't have that happen if we were recruiting folks from this site. And in dynasty what's nice is when a team is poorly run and left, you can replace the owner easily. Some of these dynasty teams get so mismanaged and neglected that I would be embarassed to ask/expect people to pay for them.

The 28-32 team format would consist of two drafts of 14 or 16 that get merged into one larger league.

I'd be interested in an all fftoday redraft especially if say mikefftoday was in it.

With a lot of participants though I actually like the idea of a salary style league so you can have 100 teams if You want.

The only problem I could see with this is inactives. Once you get that many people involved, there's bound to be some that slack off or quit. That could be remedied by making partner teams, but that kinda sucks trying to make 2-person decisions. Other than that, it sounds fun. I don't post a whole lot, just read and absorb, but I'd definitely be down for something like that.

there is a FFT zealots dynasty league spawned from here and I am proud to say we have so far had 100% owner retention!

You've got a mis-impression. Probably from signing up anonymously at public yahoo leagues with people you don't know and a message board bereft of messages. All the free leagues I'm involved in are recruited from message boards and are competitive with low, low turnover. We wouldn't have that happen if we were recruiting folks from this site. And in dynasty what's nice is when a team is poorly run and left, you can replace the owner easily. Some of these dynasty teams get so mismanaged and neglected that I would be embarassed to ask/expect people to pay for them.

The 28-32 team format would consist of two drafts of 14 or 16 that get merged into one larger league.

I don't play in any free leagues. Honestly don't see the point. I tried playing in some Yahoo leagues years ago, but as much as I love fantasy football, the free leagues have never kept my interest. The dynasty leagues I am in now are usually $125 per team. The redrafts range from $100 to $200 and I like to get in at least one larger redraft with a $250 to $500 entry. I have yet to decide how many teams I will run this year. Last season and the season prior, I was sick of keeping up with them by mid-season. Too many leagues will do that to you. So, I'm thinking I'll keep it around 15 leagues this year outside of the dynasty leagues I am currently in.

I don't play in any free leagues. Honestly don't see the point. I tried playing in some Yahoo leagues years ago, but as much as I love fantasy football, the free leagues have never kept my interest. The dynasty leagues I am in now are usually $125 per team. The redrafts range from $100 to $200 and I like to get in at least one larger redraft with a $250 to $500 entry. I have yet to decide how many teams I will run this year. Last season and the season prior, I was sick of keeping up with them by mid-season. Too many leagues will do that to you. So, I'm thinking I'll keep it around 15 leagues this year outside of the dynasty leagues I am currently in.

I got too carried away my first few years playing FF. I think I was in eight a few of those early years. Lately I've been down to three- the two dynasties and 12 Geeks. I'm going to do more this year, I've got a serious itch to grow again. This would be a third dynasty, I'd like to get back into IBL again or set up something similar.

I'd also like to do a 18 team survival league as well.

Maybe an auction draft too, I use to be so good at that format but I haven't done one in years.

Hey Cara, I'd be interested in joining a league consisting of fftoday members as well. A PPR dynasty league would be optimal. Hopefully we can garner some interest here.

I also agree with you, there's got to be some $ on the line.

Count me in for a PPR Dynasty.

hopefully with no IDP and Crazy Roster like 2 QB etc.

12 Teamers works great. I am part of MfM's Fat Bastards Dynasty. And this honestly the best run league i have been part off.

14 Teams work the best. Just enough scarcity at RB to make it intersting.

28-32 is mind numbing. It takes away the social aspect of a Dynasty, which is what they are all about. Great offseason trading. Managing trade relationships with multiple owners. etc. Again FatBastards Dynasty got this one spot on.

hopefully with no IDP and Crazy Roster like 2 QB etc.

Don't kock it you might be surprised. I once thought like you. My friend back home, he started a league 2QBs/ 3RBs/ 5WRs/ 2TEs/ 2Ks/ 2Ds.

I only joined because he was my buddy and the guys in it were too. As a bonus, they were not nearly as FF proficient as I was, easy money. But when he fleshed out his idea, I thought it was so stupid and that he was nuts. Turned out I had a lot of fun that year with that format. I moved away, and have never played it again. Afraid to bring it up. Kind of miss it though.

I'd be interested in an all fftoday redraft especially if say mikefftoday was in it.

With a lot of participants though I actually like the idea of a salary style league so you can have 100 teams if You want.

u already play in a redraft league with 11 other FFToday vets, the mffl. it didn't end well. now u want ur azz handed to u by 100 FFToday vets? :lol: :lol:

Don't kock it you might be surprised. I once thought like you. My friend back home, he started a league 2QBs/ 3RBs/ 5WRs/ 2TEs/ 2Ks/ 2Ds.

I only joined because he was my buddy and the guys in it were too. As a bonus, they were not nearly as FF proficient as I was, easy money. But when he fleshed out his idea, I thought it was so stupid and that he was nuts. Turned out I had a lot of fun that year with that format. I moved away, and have never played it again. Afraid to bring it up. Kind of miss it though.

Most people that are against two QBs haven't tried it.

Interested, but as Cara said...it has to be worth something. I don't play poker or fantasy sports without cash on the line. About the only exceptions to the "if its free its for me" rule.

Oh i am in a league where you start 2 QBs. Just dont care for them. Our league peanlizes QBs way too much to account for crazy squads that would have say a Rodgers/Brees combo , both totaling 830 fpts in a season.

I'd be interested. Prefer less than $100 buy in though - moneybags Cara might have $200 to spare, but I'm feeding a family!

u already play in a redraft league with 11 other FFToday vets, the mffl. it didn't end well. now u want ur azz handed to u by 100 FFToday vets? :lol: :lol:

meh, some honk won that league. he thinks hes going to repeat :lol: . Plus that is technically a keeper league.

i did the best i could with my injured bunch.

actually all kidding aside, that was my only league I didn't make the playoffs in. so i'll try to right the ship this year.

p.s. the sig you came up with for me was so terrible only Flahawker has commented on it :doublethumbsup:

i begrudgingly play in a 2 QB league. its pretty lame.

i begrudgingly play in a 2 QB league. its pretty lame.

I like it for small leagues, 8-10 teams. QBs are way undervalued in those formats, starting two brings them up to the level of the other positions.

meh, some honk won that league. he thinks hes going to repeat :lol: . Plus that is technically a keeper league.

i did the best i could with my injured bunch.

actually all kidding aside, that was my only league I didn't make the playoffs in. so i'll try to right the ship this year.

p.s. the sig you came up with for me was so terrible only Flahawker has commented on it :doublethumbsup:

:lol:

dont tempt me, i still own that spot of the intranet for quite a few more months.

ill rent it out for free to some very, very dirty folks.

ohh internet sig threats! moving on.

My current IDEAL ff league would be:

Dynasty PPR with 3 or 5 year contracts (1/2 point or 1 point ppr can be debated)
24 slot rosters with or without a taxi
12 teams (or 24 w 2 copies of each player)
No IDP
Starting 1 QB, 2-3 RBs, 3-4 WRs, 1-2 TEs, 1 K, 1 DEF (10 starters total)
15 round $200 auction draft (or serpentine if everyone prefers, hopefully LIVE)
Hosted on MFL with all dues paid into League Safe
Week 14 starts the playoffs, top 2 seeds get a bye. Championship week 16.
Full year (nearly obsessive) active owners only
$50-100 buy in, head to head league with Winner taking 40%, 2nd gets 30% and 3rd gets 10%. Remaining 20% is spread over 10 weeks of the season as weekly high points bonus prize. My thought is to award weekly high points for weeks 3-13. Winning amounts can be adjusted to encompass all weeks, but weekly payout helps to motivate teams that are out of contention.
Random draft order each year (save if serpentine draft is established, in which case winner gets last pick)

If someone knows of a league like this or wants to establish one I'm game. I can help with admin or co-commish as needed, though I don't have experience as commish on MFL. Thoughts?

I'd def be down for a redraft.

After a first year great experience in our Zealots league I am getting the itch to draft another squad this off season.

I could be down for another 12-14 team dynasty league in the mold of Zealots/Fat Bastards as Ralphster has laid out above.

I'm open to be co commish with him for the league if we can find some good-active!-owners. That's the most important thing.

Looks like we're gaining some interest in a PPR dynasty & that's where I'm at. I'm in enough redrafts locally but have a huge interest in joining a dynasty league with a bunch of FFT rubes.

I like ralphster's thoughts on the league setup. I don't have any knowledge of MFL but have browsed a few other leagues there & like the setup. Since Matt has knowledge of the site, I like the idea of him & ralphster as co-commish for the league. 12-teamer is my favorite setup personally but am open to whatever ideas the consensus wants.

Let's get this done, I'm pumped after participating in the FFT mock draft.

I'd be down for a PPR dynasty, as long as the buy in isn't too much. I agree with 12 teams (or 2 sets of 12).

Looks like we are gaining some momentum. Boom!

I'm def on the side of 12 or 14 teams. I don't really love the idea of 2 sets of players.

The most important thing I will stress is a commitment to being active. That doesn't mean making a ton of trades to me, just being around the site and checking in, and communicating with the other owners.

Mull and Ralphster definitely count me in for another league with you guys, it hurts so good.

Thank you sir, May I have another!

I'm looking into it on MFL now, should be easy to set up with some help from Volt & MFM. Les makes 5 owners, so 7 slots are left. Before you post about wanting one be sure you're going to be active all year round and are good with the loosely set rules we have in place.

This or get out. Dynasties dont work like redraft. You need rabid FF managers. :thumbsup:

3 Year contract sounds good. Promotes lots of trade activity and keeps it entertaining.

MfM and Schmucks would make a great addition, so reach out to them.

This or get out. Dynasties dont work like redraft. You need rabid FF managers. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

In other words, people who are on this site in April talking about starting a league :)

I concur on the 3 year contracts. Keeps it fresh and active.

I'm open to either full or .5 PPR. The preference, and fantasy trend in general, seems to be full PPR and I'm fine with that.

Salaries or no?

Salaries are totally new to me. I'm not sure I'm ready to go there yet and it seems like we might have some first time dynasty owners so I would say no at this point but I think everything should be open for discussion and we should agree on league setup as a group.

You F'ers!! U gonna start the party without me? Save a spot for the Schmuckers!!!!!!!!

Ill need to borrow the entry fee $ from one of ya...but ill pay u back with the championship winnings. Yewwww!

Salaries are totally new to me. I'm not sure I'm ready to go there yet and it seems like we might have some first time dynasty owners so I would say no at this point but I think everything should be open for discussion and we should agree on league setup as a group.

I agree with you, but just wanted to ask.

I know nothing about salaries. But sounds interesting. Would probably turn some people away though. I am indifferent.