Sign in to follow this  
cbfalcon

GIF of 5 Darvish pitches at once

Can't believe that dude hitting missed all 5 balls. :rolleyes:

But how about that catcher reeling them all in? :shocking:

One of the cool things to me is that his arm angles and release point is almost identical for all 5 pitches. There is barely any 'blurry' area's in his body and arm in that gif. Makes him that much more difficult to hit. You don't get any clues as a hitter as to whats coming.

One of the cool things to me is that his arm angles and release point is almost identical for all 5 pitches. There is barely any 'blurry' area's in his body and arm in that gif. Makes it him that much more difficult to hit. You don't get any clues as a hitter as to whats coming.

:thumbsup: It's pretty amazing. Same motion and release point on pitches that span 33 MPH. The follow though seems to vary, but by that point you've obviously smoked or been smoked.

It's amazing that even with the ball in the air there is no way to tell which pitch is going which way until about 3/4 point.

I imagine this sort of GIP would be cool with lots of pitchers, but Darvish is probably as good as it gets for variance. My pick for Cy Young this season.