Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

I know its to early to know, but which rookie makes the biggest fanatsy impact ?

I was thinking Lacy before they drafted Frankin... maybe it will be Bell in Denver

Both Denver running backs named Bell - Tatum Bell and Mike Bell - are no longer playing in the NFL. You either mean new Denver RB Montee Ball of Denver or former Wolverine RB Le'Veon Bell of Pittsburgh.

My guess? None of the above.

When Murray gets hurt, Joseph Randle outta Oklahoma State.

Not a burner, but a football player. A one cutter with great instincts who can pass protect and catch the ball cleanly outta the backfield. Great nose for the end zone as well.

A must-draft for Murray owners and a great redraft flier otherwise. Severely underrated dynasty prospect (currently), as well. Don't sleep on this kid.

Running back I will go with Eddie Lacy. Perfect situation for him. I like Bell's situation, but don't trust Tomlin to trust him to carry the load alone. Montee Ball most likely won't even see the field.

Wide Receiver is close. I think there alot of them that can thrive for years to come. Right away I'll go with Robert Woods. Stevie will garner the most attention and allow Woods room to do his thing. He has tremendous talent and Marrone should be able to get the most out of him. Hopkins has the best opportunity to excell, but I just don't like the offense for him.

I think Tyler Wilson is in the best situation to put up numbers at QB. He doesn't have much competition to pass. Nassib will never see the field, Manuel may sit behind Kolb for awhile, Barkley won't see the field. I like Geno Smith, but that is the worst fantasy offense in the land. Tyler Wilson not only has the best chance to put up the best numbers in fantasy, but he may be the only rookie QB to start?

RB- Le'Veon Bell will be given every chance to win a starting job, as will Montee Ball. My money would be on Giovani Bernard in Cinci, however. He's an explosive player that will be a better fit for the offense than BJGE imo. The only danger I see with him is losing goal line work to the law firm.

WR- This one is a crap shoot imo. Most will jump on Tavon Austin or Cordarrelle Patterson, but they could just as easily fall behind players like Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, or even lower ranked WRs like Aaron Dobson or Markus Wheaton.

QB- Geno Smith has the clearest path to starting early imo, and should be the top scorer for this year. Barkley in Philly looks like the best long term option.

Both Denver running backs named Bell - Tatum Bell and Mike Bell - are no longer playing in the NFL. You either mean new Denver RB Montee Ball of Denver or former Wolverine RB Le'Veon Bell of Pittsburgh.

My guess? None of the above.

If you are going to take the time to correct someone when you obviously knew who they were talking about, make sure you are correct yourself.

I just focused on the RBs in this piece. The runners will typically dominate the rookie crop but Tavon Austin (STL), Cordarrelle Patterson (MIN), DeAndre Hopkins (HOU) and Robert Woods (BUF) all have good opportunities.

There's a few of us FFT poster's currently in one dynasty draft & another one in June. I doubt this thread gets any opinions out of us for obvious reasons. :P

There's a few of us FFT poster's currently in one dynasty draft & another one in June. I doubt this thread gets any opinions out of us for obvious reasons. :P

I will put my rankings up after my dynasty draft.

No rookie is going to get a starting gig on a John Fox team, so don't expect a lot from Ball this year. This is the guy that started a mediocre DeShaun Foster over 1st rounder Deangelo for 2 years.

PPR Scoring

Tavon Austin

Geovani Bernard

Le'Veon Bell

DeAndre Hopkins

Justin Hunter

Johnathan Franklin

Montee Ball

Eddie Lacy

Tyler Eifert

Marcus Lattimore

Leveon bell is going to be king rookie numero uno. All he has to do is beat out dwyer and redman for the starting gig.

Leveon bell is going to be king rookie numero uno. All he has to do is beat out dwyer and redman for the starting gig.

And all Eddie Lacy has to beat out is a 4th round rookie.

• Like 1

i think at this time and date heh...that is could be steelers wr wheaton .....they just don't have anyone else on that team to replace wallace besides wheaton .....i think brown is a number two wr and sanders is a number three guy imo .....i like wheaton i think that he could be better then wallace was imo

i like bell but not has high because they the steelers oline is so darn bad .....

And all Eddie Lacy has to beat out is a 4th round rookie.

I'm probably one of the few people that like Franklin better than Lacy.

You're not the only one. As a Bengals homer, I wanted either Bernard or Franklin. We needed a dynamic back & I'm glad we got one of them.

I just drafted Franklin in a dynasty start-up draft with the 11.1 pick. Eddie Lacey, Giovani Bernard, Le'von Bell, Montee Ball & Christine Michael were drafted prior to my pick of Jonathan Franklin. I'm a little worried that it might become a full-blown RBBC but I like Franklin's all around skillset in that offense.

You're not the only one. As a Bengals homer, I wanted either Bernard or Franklin. We needed a dynamic back & I'm glad we got one of them.

I just drafted Franklin in a dynasty start-up draft with the 11.1 pick. Eddie Lacey, Giovani Bernard, Le'von Bell, Montee Ball & Christine Michael were drafted prior to my pick of Jonathan Franklin. I'm a little worried that it might become a full-blown RBBC but I like Franklin's all around skillset in that offense.

I also like Franklin more than Lacy. It is not Lacy's fault but he had monster holes opened up by a NFL like line. He had the good fortune of being able to turn up the field and have a nice start before experiencing contact.

I also like Aaron Dobson WR NE as a sleeper rookie that could make an impact. The X receiver in New England is going to put up at minimum WR3 numbers and there is a ton of upside.

I mentioned Joseph Randle in a previous post, but his success does rely upon a Murray injury.....that would never happen, right? However, I also keep looking at Charles Johnson as a sleeper WR that could blow up. You gotta love a WR outta powerhouse Grand Valley State, were he caught 128 passes for 2,229 yards and 31 touchdowns......in two seasons. He's got great size/speed combination. He ran a 4.35 40-yard dash at his pro day and measures in at 6'3" 215 pounds. He lands in the perfect situation with positional opportunity, a potentially good run game now that D's will have to honor, and, arguably, the leagues best QB slinging the rock.

I see bigtime dynasty and redraft value here.

I mentioned Joseph Randle in a previous post, but his success does rely upon a Murray injury.....that would never happen, right? However, I also keep looking at Charles Johnson as a sleeper WR that could blow up. You gotta love a WR outta powerhouse Grand Valley State, were he caught 128 passes for 2,229 yards and 31 touchdowns......in two seasons. He's got great size/speed combination. He ran a 4.35 40-yard dash at his pro day and measures in at 6'3" 215 pounds. He lands in the perfect situation with positional opportunity, a potentially good run game now that D's will have to honor, and, arguably, the leagues best QB slinging the rock.

I see bigtime dynasty and redraft value here.

Good call. His measurables are unreal and match up to someone like Julio Jones. His issues were all off the field and bouncing around to different schools. But I think I read that some of that had to do with his dad's health. He could provide a deep threat for the Packers almost immediately. None of Nelson, Jones, or Cobb are signed long term; so he could move up the depth chart quickly in the next few years.

Loving Eddie Lacy, intrigued by Montee Ball's situation at the RB position.

DeAndre Hopkins looks solid at WR, but Robert Woods could be a sleeper at WR.

Tyler Eifert seems like a no-brainer at TE.

All the QBs look like a wasteland. I think Buffalo will force EJ Manuel into the starting role unless he a total trainwreck.

Loving Eddie Lacy, intrigued by Montee Ball's situation at the RB position.

DeAndre Hopkins looks solid at WR, but Robert Woods could be a sleeper at WR.

Tyler Eifert seems like a no-brainer at TE.

All the QBs look like a wasteland. I think Buffalo will force EJ Manuel into the starting role unless he a total trainwreck.

I really hope buffalo isnt that stupid. Kolb has shown flashes and should get an opportunity over a mediocre rookie.

I really hope buffalo isnt that stupid. Kolb has shown flashes and should get an opportunity over a mediocre rookie.

Kolb has shown flashes of what? Filling in here and there but never actually showing hes "got it"? Hes a stopgap at the absolute best. The Bills wont win with him. period.

Kolb has shown flashes of what? Filling in here and there but never actually showing hes "got it"? Hes a stopgap at the absolute best. The Bills wont win with him. period.

Unfortunately he has had untimely injuries. Playing behind that god aweful o line in AZ is just a recipe for disaster. Now if you want to talk about who the bills have absolutely no chance of winning with, manuel is the guy to talk about.

You aren't the only one in that camp.

But doesn't it say/mean a lot that the Packers clearly like Lacy better than Franklin? I know we all like to pretend like we are scouts and GMs, but the GB staff has probably spent days upon days evaluating every little nuance of these 2 players. And they came away liking Lacy better than Franklin.

I've gotta believe that Lacy has the very inside track at the starting RB in Green Bay.

But doesn't it say/mean a lot that the Packers clearly like Lacy better than Franklin? I know we all like to pretend like we are scouts and GMs, but the GB staff has probably spent days upon days evaluating every little nuance of these 2 players. And they came away liking Lacy better than Franklin.

I've gotta believe that Lacy has the very inside track at the starting RB in Green Bay.

the only difference between some scouts/GM's and educated fans is time. Time to spend watching film, visiting the players and everything else. Other than that, it's guess work.

why did so many scouts/gm's miss on Tom Brady? How many big time fans could have drafted better players than Matt Millen?

my point is, while we like to pretend we are scouts and GM's, the actual scouts and GM's get a fair amount of things wrong. And if any one of us got paid to do what they do and had the time to give our undivided attention to player evaluation, would we be any different?

And then we have a franchise like the Jets. I have a feeling some of us would be doing a better job.

I have no doubt that Lacy will open the season as the "starter." He may even be the early down/goalline back all season. But the Packers aren't going to turn in to a team that pounds the ball. They may try to achieve some balance, but they will put the ball in Rodgers hands a lot. In passing situations, Franklin is the much better back/option in my opinion (as long as he beats out Dejuan Harris). Lacy is the guy who can take a pounding and get the tough yards. But Franklin is more of the home run hitter. The question is, can Franklin ever be a every down back in the NFL? I love his talent, but that is the big question for his long term value. But I still think he can be good in PPR leagues as the passing down back on a very prolific offense.

No rookie is going to get a starting gig on a John Fox team, so don't expect a lot from Ball this year. This is the guy that started a mediocre DeShaun Foster over 1st rounder Deangelo for 2 years.

This seems to be a popular position but I think taking this stance is a big mistake.

The window of opportunity in Denver is short as far as Peyton playing at a high level so as long as Ball can be even average in blitz pick-up, he will be on the field the majority of the time. Most talented back they have and they want to win now.

Fox is several years removed from the Foster over Williams decision and face it, Peyton will decide who plays, so I don't put a lot of stock in what happened in Carolina 5 years ago. If Peyton thinks Ball gives them the best chance to win, he will play.

Ball is in a perfect situation and is lined up for a really nice season...............