Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

A.J. Green or Jimmy Graham

Which would you rather have in a PPR dynasty? I have Green and I am being offered Graham. Based on our scoring system these 2 were less than 20 points apart last year. I think Graham could put up similar number this year to 2011. I am thinking of doing the deal if I can get him to throw in a draft pick. We have enough lineup flexibility that either would start in the same spot for me. Thoughts?

Which would you rather have in a PPR dynasty? I have Green and I am being offered Graham. Based on our scoring system these 2 were less than 20 points apart last year. I think Graham could put up similar number this year to 2011. I am thinking of doing the deal if I can get him to throw in a draft pick. We have enough lineup flexibility that either would start in the same spot for me. Thoughts?

I like Green. I think he is an absolute beast. Going to be a top 5 WR for the next 5-7 years I think.

Baltimores and Pittsburgh's defenses seem to be on the decline. I'll take Green.

Green is about to enter year 3, which is when WRs typically figure out what they are doing. Dude is a beast. I could argue he is worthy of a top 5 dynasty pick.

Graham is great. But especially in a league in which they occupy the same lineup spot, Green is the guy.

Green is a much safer option as WRs tend to stay healthy and productive longer than RBs, TEs, any position except QB. WRs are also less likely to lose a starting gig than a QB.

Green is a top 2 WR, and will likely be a top 5 WR for nearly a decade. Graham is a top 2 TE, and that could change as early as next year when / if he reaches free agency.

• Like 1

I would also go with Green for most of the reasons posted above. I'm also avoiding Saints players because their OL is currently a mess.

agree with all the other post ..green is the pick here .... a easy one for me

Piling on for Green. He has done what he has done so far with Dalton at QB, imagine if the Bengals get a real QB. :shocking:

Which guy had an off year last year?

Which has the better qb and offense?

Which one has a better playoff schedule?

Which one is more consistent when he plays?

Which one has fewer bad weather games?

Me thinks it is not so cut and dried

Which guy had an off year last year?

Which has the better qb and offense?

Which one has a better playoff schedule?

Which one is more consistent when he plays?

Which one has fewer bad weather games?

Me thinks it is not so cut and dried

and who is your pick ?

Green is about to enter year 3, which is when WRs typically figure out what they are doing. Dude is a beast. I could argue he is worthy of a top 5 dynasty pick.

Graham is great. But especially in a league in which they occupy the same lineup spot, Green is the guy.

Green has clearly figured it out already, so I wouldn't be expecting a big jump in year 3.

But i agree with you that Green is the better option.

I look at it basically as a push. Both guys are at the elite level for their positions. So it all comes down to preference. Part of me says Graham because I know there are not many elite TEs. At the same time I look at Green having more long term value. With that little bit said I'm going with the player on my team Green.

The Bengals added a few playmakers to their offense via the draft with Tyler Eifert & Giovani Bernard. Some may think this will take away his opportunities but I think it'll take the pressure & focus of the defense away from Green.

The Saints playmakers in Colston & Moore are getting old & the offensive line has lost Carl Nicks & Jermon Bushrod in the last two years. Graham maybe asked to stay in block a little more. Not saying he's going to be terrible but his situation hasn't improved other than getting Sean Payton back as the shot-caller.

I'd go with Green in this situation.

I failed to mention that this is a contract/salary league.

I am paying AJ $16 which is about right for a top 5 WR in this league. After this coming year, I can resign AJ for 2 more years, but his salary goes up to $24. I can afford the salary (barely) and it isn't that far out of line. There are some WR's getting in the low $30's. Three years from now, I would either trade him before the end of the season, franchise him, or he becomes a FA. The franchise salary goes up 50% each year, so 4 years from now is probably the longest I could keep him. Usually I plan 3-4 years out in dynasty so that's ok. I would likely trade him at the end of the 3rd year or sometime during the 4th year.

If I trade for Graham, I get him at $5, and I would likely sign him to a 4-5 year deal at that price. After that it would only cost $8 if I want him another 2 years. Top TEs make close to the same as WRs in this league so getting him at $5 is a steal if he continues his production.

I could keep Graham longer, but his peak years should be shorter than Green's, so I don't think that is really a factor. If I trade for Graham, the biggest thing I get is $11 in salary relief this year and $19 for the next couple of years. Our cap is $230. If I don't make any roster changes I will be right at the cap limit when Green's salary goes up in a year. The good thing is, that I don't really have any holes on my team. so being at the cap isn't a huge deal.

Does this info change anyone's opinion?

I failed to mention that this is a contract/salary league.

I am paying AJ $16 which is about right for a top 5 WR in this league. After this coming year, I can resign AJ for 2 more years, but his salary goes up to $24. I can afford the salary (barely) and it isn't that far out of line. There are some WR's getting in the low $30's. Three years from now, I would either trade him before the end of the season, franchise him, or he becomes a FA. The franchise salary goes up 50% each year, so 4 years from now is probably the longest I could keep him. Usually I plan 3-4 years out in dynasty so that's ok. I would likely trade him at the end of the 3rd year or sometime during the 4th year.

If I trade for Graham, I get him at $5, and I would likely sign him to a 4-5 year deal at that price. After that it would only cost $8 if I want him another 2 years. Top TEs make close to the same as WRs in this league so getting him at $5 is a steal if he continues his production.

I could keep Graham longer, but his peak years should be shorter than Green's, so I don't think that is really a factor. If I trade for Graham, the biggest thing I get is $11 in salary relief this year and $19 for the next couple of years. Our cap is $230. If I don't make any roster changes I will be right at the cap limit when Green's salary goes up in a year. The good thing is, that I don't really have any holes on my team. so being at the cap isn't a huge deal.

Does this info change anyone's opinion?

how can you forget to mention about the contract league .....i give up

how can you forget to mention about the contract league .....i give up

It wasn't so much forgetting, as I wanted opinions on the comparison between the 2 players first, before throwing out the other details. In the end I got a couple of picks thrown in and made the deal. I spent the salary I saved on a couple of big time linebackers.