Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Rounds Five-Seven Commentary**

I'm shocked at the Ivory pick. I don't see him as any big upgrade (if at all) over Greene. And the Jets are just a mess. Greene did have a decent under the radar year in 2012 but just feel due to all this Ivory could have been had much later.

I'm shocked at the Ivory pick. I don't see him as any big upgrade (if at all) over Greene. And the Jets are just a mess. Greene did have a decent under the radar year in 2012 but just feel due to all this Ivory could have been had much later.

Ivory is a much better RB than Greene. Much more dynamic and explosive. He has to stay healthy but I think this was a solid pick.

People tend to forget that the Jets have a decent o-line. Their QB play can't be much worse than it was last year, either

Ivory is a much better RB than Greene. Much more dynamic and explosive. He has to stay healthy but I think this was a solid pick.

People tend to forget that the Jets have a decent o-line. Their QB play can't be much worse than it was last year, either

Greene is a plodder, I'll give you that but what basis do you have for saying Ivory is much better. He's been a backup in NOS, only getting chances due to injury. If he's that good then why didn't he ascend the depth chart there. Not buying the hype.

Greene is a plodder, I'll give you that but what basis do you have for saying Ivory is much better. He's been a backup in NOS, only getting chances due to injury. If he's that good then why didn't he ascend the depth chart there. Not buying the hype.

I'm unsure on Ivory, I think I'm going to avoid the situation all together.

But NO's top RB (no names at the moment) fits the NO offense perfectly, so it's not a surprise Ivory didn't get more looks.

I am glad Shovel took Matthews. He was looking at me when I took Kaepernick, and I really wanted Ball. I feel Ball is in the best position of any rookie back, with an explosive offense, and a Coach who is hungry now!! Manning, who has already been selected twice in this thing, is working with Ball one on one, and he will never let a defense commit to stopping the run! I don't see Ball not winning that job easily outright, and I have a pretty salty #1 Back in Foster. Time to spend some draft capital on young legs.

I'm ok with Wes, but honestly I think I missed on this one. There was one guy I thought was taken but has not been taken. 95% chance he (or she?) won't slip to my next pick.

This is what I get for picking while I was in a meeting.

There's the Fumble we know and love. Waiting until the 4th was just too much for him. He had to make up for it by drafting another QB in the 5th :clap:

Had Matt Ryan a full round ahead of anybody else left on my board in value. So...

I've seen him play is all. You have to remember they have a guy who excels in passing situations, another guy who was there well before Ivory and was a good contributor and still is and finally a guy who was drafted to be a workhorse and hasn't live up to it.

what im trying to say, without naming names, is that I don't believe Ivory had much of a chance to ascend the depth chart. Roles are already filled and/or picks and money invested in other options.

i'm not saying Ivory is going to put up 1st round fantasy stats but I think he has a workhorse situation and is a better talent than Greene

Had Matt Ryan a full round ahead of anybody else left on my board in value. So...

How it impacts the rest of your draft will be something to keep an eye on. I understand value but need (or lack of, due to Cam) might have been a deciding factor here if it was me.

well i would have gone with Ryan, likely with my next pick but there are so many QB's this year i'm also fine being the last one to take my starter, as i ahve done in years past.

well i would have gone with Ryan, likely with my next pick

Same here

How it impacts the rest of your draft will be something to keep an eye on. I understand value but need (or lack of, due to Cam) might have been a deciding factor here if it was me.

Understood. I think I can still get what I want in other spots, but ultimately, it remains to be seen...

I had hoped to take Ryan at 5>10, thanks Fumble.....hey the jerk store called....

Yes...? what did they want?

:mellow:

Nice pick up WW with respect to Antonio Brown. He was my second choice at 5.09 and I maybe should have taken him instead of Ryan for reasons that JScott noted. He should put up very solid #2 fantasy WR numbers in that offense.

thanks.

i need to take a few minutes now to decide which direction i want to take with my 6.02

Feeling fairly confident (thus far) about the ass kickings I'll be handing out this year.

Ironic that I'm finding myself in a similar position... hmmmmm

interesting pick by Jscott. With fumble taking 2 QB's there were 6 teams without their starter. I had a top 4 that did not include RG3. I guess I had him 5th. This really makes me want to pass again on the position but I think i'll bite

There is no way (except injury) that Stafford throws for 20 TD's again. He ranked 10th, 20 total fantasy points behind Matt Ryan last season with that paltry total. Lions led the league in dropped balls last year and have added weapons in the pass game (Bush) and are getting some weapons healthy. Oh and he has that Megatron guy to throw to. :dunno:

interesting pick by Jscott. With fumble taking 2 QB's there were 6 teams without their starter. I had a top 4 that did not include RG3. I guess I had him 5th. This really makes me want to pass again on the position but I think i'll bite

There is no way (except injury) that Stafford throws for 20 TD's again. He ranked 10th, 20 total fantasy points behind Matt Ryan last season with that paltry total. Lions led the league in dropped balls last year and have added weapons in the pass game (Bush) and are getting some weapons healthy. Oh and he has that Megatron guy to throw to. :dunno:

RG3 was my target but I admit to flip-flopping a bit between him and Stafford. I'm right there with you on the "down" season and have been buying low on Stafford in my dynasty leagues. Despite the injury (seems to be a theme this season) he'll still run, and running QBs are more valuable than pocket passers like Stafford. Having Morris also made me second guess picking RG3 as well but stuck with my plan anyways.

ETA: I also expect RG3's TD total to go up from last season, given a healthy WR/TE coming back.

Interested to see where the QBs go now, like WW said, there are plenty of teams without a QB on their roster.

Time to shoot for the stars. A-Hern is hurting, but he can put a serious hurt on opposing fantasy owners if he's healthy.

like the ahern pick. thought about him briefly last time around.

Ironic that I'm finding myself in a similar position... hmmmmm

Explanation: I was very close to taking AHern at the 5th/6th turn which would have given me two TEs in my first 6 picks, similar to Fumbles 2 QBs. Even more so it would have been Gronk/AHern. It was very tempting to nail down two of the top 5 TEs, who can both produce on the field together but when I looked at what might be left for QB at the next turn I decided need out-weighed value.

Explanation: I was very close to taking AHern at the 5th/6th turn which would have given me two TEs in my first 6 picks, similar to Fumbles 2 QBs. Even more so it would have been Gronk/AHern. It was very tempting to nail down two of the top 5 TEs, who can both produce on the field together but when I looked at what might be left for QB at the next turn I decided need out-weighed value.

was pretty sure thats who you were looking at.

RC was just heading into a no-cell zone. Will be back home/online in ~25-30min.

Not sure what everyone's thoughts on Ingram is, but he offered me the best opportunity at a 2-3 down back with TD s also. Thoughts?

Not sure what everyone's thoughts on Ingram is, but he offered me the best opportunity at a 2-3 down back with TD s also. Thoughts?

i won't argue for anyone else based on what is already off the board. maybe a handful of guys i'd have higher. But I will say the idea of taking Ingram (or anyone else thats left) in the 6th is the reason I made sure to take 3 backs early.