Sign in to follow this  
eaglesfreak

Has anyone seen CBS's website?! **PUKE***

it seems they keep getting worse every year..May jump ship and go to espn or mfl.com...I can't believe how bad it looks now

Color me confused but when was CBS considered a top website to host fantasy leagues, especially since you have to pay for it?

The least they should do is offer you the ability to use the old version... This one sucks!

After 14 years with CBS, we decided to switch to MFL this year -- even before the "new look" CBS site came out the other day. Now very glad we decided to make the switch. CBS keeps changing all their looks but can't seem to accommodate requests to add features such as Blind Bid Waivers followed by first-come first-served free agents. Asked for that for years and I know other leagues did as well. They just ignore the requests. Instead they keep taking features away like the fantasy message boards this year. Guess they didn't like seeing complaints on their own message boards. That's OK -- we can still complain about CBS here.

I suspect CBS must be losing quite a bit of money on their fantasy sports sites and will keep going downhill as they lay off staff.

I quit aleague a few years back because they insisted on using their web site.

I quit aleague a few years back because they insisted on using their web site.

I would love to use nfl.com but as far as I'm concerned CBS offers the best scoring options around. Anyone here Hughes NFL dot com?

Geasus. I still have two leagues on that site. Why the fock would you keep changing the damn thing? Every year has to be completely different with a learning curve on how to navigate the site?

• Like 1

It looks awful, but my league has been on it forever. Love having all of the old stats.

I just checked it out. Doesn't look all that different to me. Changes to the home page, but that was a weak spot anyway.

if you go under settings & alerts (cog looking thing next to search player name (top right)). then click Look& Feel. Last option (League Homepage view), in the drop down menu click Classic. should look like the old way.

I agree that CBS is getting progressively worse. We"ve used it in my league for the past eight years, and the new "look and Feel" absolutely sucks.

I would never put a serious league on CBS, most people I know use Yahoo or ESPN I think for their leagues, and obviously MFL too from this thread.

CBS used to be good for their player profile pages, because they'd list out stats in a useful way and there used to be a comment page for each player too, so you could kind of discuss for every player. It was fairly active so if you asked a question someone would give their opinion within a day, and that helps a lot for lineup decisions, adds/drops etc. Sort of like here but a bit more streamlined and without the whining from people that can't answer anything but want everyone to think they could. Well, they changed their comment system and I think just took them out for the players, so the site itself is pretty useless now.

Sometimes I read it at work because I have time to kill. They have trolling writers on there for the most part that are completely inept. Their fantasy guys are decent I guess, but it's been a long time since I've used anything other than this site *FFT, for fantasy knowledge.

I guess we're close enough to the season that FFT is picking up again, this place is fun enough during football season to waste a lot of time on.

There are so many other league management sites out there now that are superior to CBS in so many ways. Other than the first year or so when they were one of the only games in town, their information is watered down, the clowns passing themselves off as experts are beyond ridiculous, and to navigate the site recently has been maddening. Not too mention, overpriced and overrated. Remember the little face shots of them all in backwards ballcaps? I sent a scathing email regarding some professionalism, and while my little email to CBS probably hit the waste basket - the following season they shed the caps and donned some professional attire... However, their Captain Obvious tact was still present. The silk hat on a pig reference from Goodfellas comes to mind.

Funny thing, I haven't even seen these new changes on the site of which you all speak... I ran for the hills a few seasons ago and haven't looked back. RTSSPORTS, MYFANTASYLEAGUE - may not have the "bells and whistles" but are more of a bargain and do exactly what is needed.

As far as info on the site, I can go to multiple places for that - just run my league, give me live scoring, and facilitate league communication for trades, general info and the like and I am good.

Understand, I come from the days when you tabulated your weekly score using the USA Today boxscores.. Yes, the newspaper.. My one league celebrates its 22nd year this season (still has 8 of the 10 original owners) .. Yes, a 10 team league (realize, this league started in 1991.. Keepers? Dynasty? Not even a glint in the Fantasy Football God's eye, gents.) Purists, competitive and still fun beating your friends, taking their money and getting a obnoxiously large trophy that will drive your wife nuts for the next 10 months. :D

But glad to see CBS catching some negativity from the FF community. Glad everyone caught up. LOL