Sign in to follow this  
UCanCallMeMitch

ADP, Auctions & Draft Order, Scoring Categories & Bid Amounts

I have more questions & comments on Draft Buddy & FFtoday

1. I noticed that the ADP for a 16-Team League is not available in FFtoday. Have you considered adding it?
  2. Extra scoring parameters - i.e, Points Allowed & Yards Against by Defense, Distance Scoring Categories for Offensive Position are available in DB but not in FFT. Creates differenet Fantasy Points Totals, therefore, if they are used by a League then importing from FFT would create different Fantasy Points numbers between the two (make sense?)
  3. Is there a way to either remove the Draft Order in DB when doing an Auction? Its irrelevant.

4. How come the amount of the Maximim Bid that appears in a Player's Profile is different than the one that appears as the Forecast Max Bid on the Auction Report in DB.

I hope I'm not being a nuisance.

Not at all Mitch. We're here to answer questions.

1. We get our ADP info from fantasyfootballcalculator.com. Even if it wasn't them but some other source, generally speaking, there is not good data available for 16-team leagues, because there are no enough of them to draw from, especially enough 16-team mock drafts. Even the 14-team is not nearly as strong as the 12-team data in terms of sample size, but it is enough to make the cut and be valuable to us. As a result, we use 14-team for any leagues 14 teams or more. Similarly, we use 10-team for any leagues 10 teams or less.

2. There are differences in scoring options between Draft Buddy and MyFFToday. They are separate features, and were not really planned to ever work together. We just happened to add that one feature to DB to import MyFFT scoring as a convenience. There is considerably more programming and calculations involved in those scoring categories you mentioned which is why they've never made it into MyFFT to this point.

3. Nomination Order is still relevant though, right? When you have an auction league and hit Compile Cheatsheets, the draft report tab should disappear and an auction report tab appear. That has a nomination order, which you can adjust as necessary.

4. We're talking all in Draft Buddy, right? Between the player tab and the cheatsheets. They should match. The difference may be explained if you have inflation set to on or off, and some keepers are input or players are already drafted. Clarify for me where you are seeing a difference and we'll figure out why.

1 & 2. Makes sense

3. In the Leagues that I "ComMitch" we utilize MFL's Auction capabilities and any Franchise at any time (subject to certain limitations) can offer a Player up for Bidding. So in this case the Nomination Order is not relevant. Can I remove without any consequences and if so, how do you suggest?

4. I turned off inflation and the bid numbers now match. Question - If I leave this on is it dynamic? That is, as players are taken in the auction, the suggested maximum amounts are adjusted based on how much previous players are taken?

3. I wouldn't want you to delete the column, that's for sure. You can try clicking on a cell under the Nominating Team column, and hit Delete to blank it out. I'm not sure if that would cause a problem. I would think not, but it may show errors elsewhere that could look ugly. If that happens, I'd be inclined to keep it and just adjust as players are nominated. If you delete one team and don't see any negative consequences for doing so - on the rosters tab primarily - then highlight all the teams under Nominating Team and hit Delete to wipe them all out.

4. Yes, it works dynamically. You can see totals it is tracking on the summary tab.