Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Wood

Bye week errors in Draft Buddy....

Just noticed something today while updating my drafts in Draft Buddy, the bye weeks are wrong in the depth tab. For example:

DAL 3

NYG 4

PHI 3

WAS 8

I think the above bye weeks are from the 2003 season. However, the correct numbers are showing on the input tabs / team tabs. Seems just the depth tab has the wrong information.

Ryan

You're right Ryan. I didn't become aware of this until very recently. The bye weeks on the depth charts were wrong. They are right everywhere else.

:o Yeah pretty much the whole depth chart bye weeks are wrong ...correct asap my scrible scratch in print out looks bad and i dont want to keep retyping each update :shocking:

To correct, input this formula for the first team (BUF):

=VLOOKUP(B8,ByeWeeks,2,0)

Then copy and paste that formula under the Bye column for all other teams.

Thanks.

BTW - I figured it out, but for clarification, you need to put your forumula in the Complier, and re-run the setup in Draft Buddy. I first tried putting it in the DB, but couldn't get it to work. :)

Oh right. I think I actually put it in the Compiler once for the offense depth chart, then copied all the bye weeks and used Edit > Paste Special.. As Values to paste them in the idp depth chart in the Compiler and all the depth charts in Buddy.

Actually, it didn't copy to DB, so I'll need to manually put it in DB? Ok, will do.

BTW - Even though I'm finding little things in error, I STILL LOVE IT!!!!!! Great work!!!! :)

Sorry guys, I seem to keep getting bye week 3 for all teams. What am I doing wrong?

What's the quickest, simplest way to update the bye weeks correctly for Depth?

Thanks.

If you're getting week 3 for all of the byes, chances are you did a "copy / paste special / values"

What you need to do in the Compiler is put Mike's formula in cell "C8". Then do a "copy / paste special / forumlas" in the other slots, ie "C9 to C75". This will only copy the forumlas to the other teams, not the formatting, etc. Therefore, you'll have the formula in each of the cells next to the teams, and the bye weeks should be right. You need to repeat this process in the IDP section if needed.

Now, to fix it in Draft Buddy, in Compiler, select the entire range "C8 to C75", copy that, and in Draft Buddy-Depth-Cell "C8", do the "paste special / values" there. That should copy only the numbers from the compiler to draft buddy, and not the forumals.

HTH. :P

Ryan