Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Fantasy outlook -- AFC East

New England Patriots

QB - Tom Brady - as steady as it gets at QB - a solid lock for at least 4K and 25 - with 4500 and 30+ upside. Rumors of his FF death are greatly exaggerated - a few years ago when Randy declined he had only Welker and a few unknown TE's and did pretty damn good. While Brady might not be the 5K and 40 QB he was he is still pretty good.

RB - Stevan Ridley - Did really well last year maximizing on his chances getting over 1200 yards and 12 scores. While his scores might drop a little his yardage should only increase as well as receptions. Ridley isactually a pretty decent pass catcher and just never had a chance last year. While don't expect PPR studly numbers expect about 25-30 receptions this year. A very nice #2 RB

RB - Shane Vereen - Is a enigma - Seems to have what it takes to be the main back in NE. He has better speed , hands, and blocking than Ridley but BB just doesn't seem to trust Vereen with anything other than COP roles. That could change but with how Ridley did last year I doubt BB changes it it. Expect Vereen to be like a Woodhead with a little more carries. If Ridley goes down Vereen is a back that could grab the starting gig and never look back.

WR - Danny Amendola - Has been compared to Welker his entire career and this is no different. Many say he is a better YET more brittle version of Wes.. If he stays healthy I have no reason to think we will not see Wes kinda numbers like 90 - 1200 - 6 is very probably if he plays 16 games. In this situation you don't worry about much that he will produce you worry how LONG he will produce.

WR - Aaron Dobson - IMO the only WR that could start and be significant other than DA. But as a rookie for a coach that does not Like to play rookies he is a VERY late flier at best.

TE - Gronk - The guy has had more operation in the last 6 months than the 6 million dollar man. Still if this guy is 100% he is the best TE in football with his agility, strength , and hands. I just could never own him as I would never spend a first 5 rounds pick on him when I just do not think he last all season. He is the best pure TE since a In his prime Gates.

TE - Ballard - Gets very over looked IMO right now. He is currently a either last round or WW pick up. He was good on NYG and he goes to a team that loves to use the TE , has maybe the best QB in football , and where he could end up the teams #1 TE if Gronk goes down. he is great value right now.

NY Jets

QB - Nothing worth mentioning here as Who would want Sanchez even as a back up - If in Dynasty then Geno Smith would be worth it but this isn't about Dynasty.

RB - Chris Ivory - On a talent level I REALLY like Ivory as the man flat out runs with bad intentions every time he has it. He definitely leaves nothing out on the field after a game. Thing is the man cann't stay healthy for more than maybe 2-3 games in a row. I don't know if there is a player that you already KNOW will be injured and it's not really speculating more like fact -- just a matter of when. When he starts and is healthy he is a solid #2 RB but I just doubt he plays more than 8 games.

RB - MIke Goodson - Yes he has legal issues but it probably will not effect him this season making him a ideal sleeper. He is a very good RB when given a chance. However while he is almost assured of a chance to start given Ivory's injury history he is almost as brittle himself and he gets injured in a calm breeze. Thats said the fact he will likely start a few weeks makes him a nice late round get at RB.

WR - Santonio Holmes - Not the greatest but would end up a decent #3 WR for your roster being the best of WR's NYJ has should get a 60 - 750 - 3 season from him.

WR - Stephen Hill - had some really good games last year but had a lot of 0 games too. I just can't justify him even getting drafted right now.

TE - Kellen Winslow - reduced to irrelevant from once lofty status just view him as nothing but a emergency back up

Buffalo Bills

QB - again nothing worth drafting at QB in Buffalo.

RB - CJ Spiller - A really dynamic talent at RB. Has blazing speed, great hands , and a nose for breaking long plays ala CJIII in his glory days. A little bit of an injury risk but that might be mitigated as he will not have to carry the entire load. Truly a PPR stud but with a Terrible team I wonder if his talent might cause him to be drafted higher than the amount of points he will be able to put up.

RB Fred Jackson - Always produces when he is healthy and called upon. Was the Starter until injured last season and did so in nice fashion. He is a Must handcuff for a Spiller owner but a handcuff that will cost at least a 9th if not a 7th rounder.

WR Stevie Johnson - One of the true surprise WR's the last few years who has really been a rock solid #2 WR for a few years now. He is coming off being banged up and his QB situatin went from bad to absolute worst. He has the choice of Kevin Kolb who rooned Fitz's value or a Rookie who has never been a great passer. Uggggggggggggggh. Waste of FF talent.

TE - None worth talking about.

Miami

QB - Ryan Tannehill - a Really good later round get. He is a solid #2 QB who could potentially end up a #1 QB as early as this season. Kid has a great arm and seems to be slowly coming into his own. He now has a legit #1 WR to throw to and will only get better. Count Ryan as a really nice 12-13 round back up QB.

RB - Lamar Smith - Count me as just not sold here. Granted with decent blocking any RB will have value if he gets the carries but I just can't see the real talent here. Then again there was another L Smith RB in the early 00's that ended up being a really nice RB 2 or even late RB 1 for a few years. He is IMO a great RB 3 , a decent RB 2 , and if he is your RB 1 start planning for 14'

WR - Mike Wallace - A true Speed WR who excels at the long ball. His new QB is going to make him his #1 target and IMO he will see the most balls he has ever seen in his career. Even with that don't expect great PPR numbers but definitely potential to have a 75 - 1350 - 9 season as upside.

WR - Brian Hartline - Had some really strong weeks last year but is not a WR to count on week to week. He is a serviceable wr 3 but a better WR 4 -5. Hartline will go earlier in the draft than he should do to that 1 monster week he had. Pass unless it is at least after round 10.

TE - Dustin Keller - Was always a decent plug n play in NYJ but nothing more than roster fill as a TE 2.

I'm sorry, but this is too tough to read.

I appreciate the time & thought you put into this, but please try and clean this up a bit.

Wondering why you're so low on Lamar Miller? Most accounts have him looking very good and he produced when given opportunity last year. The only real question marks are his O-line and whether he can hold up for a whole season.....at least those are my concerns.

He has offensive weapons in the passing game to help divert defenses' attention.....he has a QB coming into his own.....he has a solid defense who will prevent games from getting out of hand and keep the run game alive. He has no real competition for touches.

Plus, there's always a mid-round RB who out produces his ADP. I think Miller is one of those guys this year.

Wondering why you think differently?

Wondering why you're so low on Lamar Miller? Most accounts have him looking very good and he produced when given opportunity last year. The only real question marks are his O-line and whether he can hold up for a whole season.....at least those are my concerns.

He has offensive weapons in the passing game to help divert defenses' attention.....he has a QB coming into his own.....he has a solid defense who will prevent games from getting out of hand and keep the run game alive. He has no real competition for touches.

Plus, there's always a mid-round RB who out produces his ADP. I think Miller is one of those guys this year.

Wondering why you think differently?

Because I see him going recently in the late 3rd and I just could not justify him any sooner than the mid 5th around where Ryan Mathews if going. If Miami was a better team maybe but I can't see it. Also I actually like the rookie RB they got