Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Will Bonds or Roger ever make the Baseball HOF?

Between 1999 and 2002, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez were both absolutely SICK. The two most dominant pitchers during that time span (yes, I know that Roger Clemens went 20-3 in 2001). So my question to you is: between 1999 and 2002, who was better? Johnson or Pedro?

Here are their stats:
Randy Johnson
1999: 17-9, 271.7 innings pitched, 2.48 ERA, 364 strikeouts
2000: 19-7, 248.7 innings pitched, 2.64 ERA, 347 strikeouts
2001: 21-6, 249.7 innings pitched, 2.49 ERA, 372 strikeouts
2002: 24-5, 260 innings pitched, 2.32 ERA, 334 strikeouts
The Big Unit won the NL Cy Young in each of those four seasons.

Here's Pedro:
1999: 23-4, 213.3 innings pitched, 2.07 ERA, 313 strikeouts
2000: 18-6, 217 innings pitched, 1.74 ERA, 284 strikeouts
2001: 7-3 in 18 starts, 116.7 innings pitched, 2.39 ERA, finished with 163 strikeouts still.
2002: 20-4, 199.3 innings pitched, 2.26 ERA, 239 strikeouts
Pedro won the AL Cy Young in 1999 and 2000.

Pedro was the most feared and it wasn't close. Randy was really good and had but if you asked any baller during that time who they didn't want to face most of all it would be Pedro resounding. You could occasional y catch up to Randy fast ball and if you did often it was a HR so you could score on Randy even when the heater was full go. Pedro - let's say the game became a lot shorter.

Pedro was the most feared and it wasn't close. Randy was really good and had but if you asked any baller during that time who they didn't want to face most of all it would be Pedro resounding. You could occasional y catch up to Randy fast ball and if you did often it was a HR so you could score on Randy even when the heater was full go. Pedro - let's say the game became a lot shorter.

the difference between them was Pedro's changeup was unhittable and RJ didn't have anything like that.

and this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLpaZ5VQVn0

:first:

Pedro was the more dominant pitcher. His WHIP was also well below Johnson's.

But it can be argued that Randy did more for his team than Pedro, pitching an average of 50 more innings a year (even ignoring 2001).

tell that to the bird...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4QcEWV7ANM

tell that to the bird...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4QcEWV7ANM

Randy was the Hardest thrower I have ever seen for a starter. The guy had maybe the greatest fastball I have ever heard of even better than Ryan's . Randy had the better numbers by the stats but the eye test who was more dominant Pedro

When David Ortiz (who tested positive) makes the HOF (1st ballot) and Bonds/Clemens do not (neither tested positive) Will you admit the MBL is a complete and utter sham?

Ortiz was nice to the media and Bonds/Clemens were not :cry:    what a focking joke. All the fat losers at BBWAA are the people that elect HOFers. Enough said

• Like 1

Ryan Thibodaux has his entire twitter account seemingly dedicated to this and keeps a running count of publicly made ballots. It's damn close for Bonds and Clemens.

Baseball Hall of Fame Vote Tracker - Ballots. Lots and lots of Ballots. (bbhoftracker.com)

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

Ryan Thibodaux has his entire twitter account seemingly dedicated to this and keeps a running count of publicly made ballots. It's damn close for Bonds and Clemens.

Baseball Hall of Fame Vote Tracker - Ballots. Lots and lots of Ballots. (bbhoftracker.com)

Neither will break 70, subtract at least 10% for the unknown ballots. 

12 hours ago, Voltaire said:

People that are not voting for them, are the ones not telling people they voted for the likes of Carl Crawford, Prince Fielder, Ryan Howard, Tim Lincecum

13 hours ago, edjr said:

When David Ortiz (who tested positive) makes the HOF (1st ballot) and Bonds/Clemens do not (neither tested positive) Will you admit the MBL is a complete and utter sham?

Ortiz was nice to the media and Bonds/Clemens were not :cry:    what a focking joke. All the fat losers at BBWAA are the people that elect HOFers. Enough said

I agree with you completely but I hope they never get in.  Not because of the cheating, but because both are the biggest egomaniacal d!ckheads on the planet.  

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I agree with you completely but I hope they never get in.  Not because of the cheating, but because both are the biggest egomaniacal d!ckheads on the planet.  

Is Hillary in third place or Xi Jinping?

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Rickey Henderson? Bob Gibson?   They are in.  I would say Rickey was the biggest egomaniac of all time in any sport.

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

Rickey Henderson? Bob Gibson?   They are in.  I would say Rickey was the biggest egomaniac of all time in any sport.

Rickey is bad but not as big a d!ck as Barry and Roger.

18 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Is Hillary in third place or Xi Jinping?

These two are pure evil.  A whole different category. 

Just now, Bert said:

Rickey is bad but not as big a d!ck as Barry and Roger.

Never met them, I can't honestly say. :dunno:   

33 minutes ago, edjr said:

Ricky? Ricky will tell you that Ricky is very humble.

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Ricky? Ricky will tell you that Ricky is very humble.

And that Rickey is the greatest of all time.

40 minutes ago, edjr said:

Never met them, I can't honestly say. :dunno:   

I've met Roger and I know people that have worked with Barry.

Ricky is more like Dion.  Totally full of himself but not a d!ck 24/7 on top of it.

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

I've met Roger and I know people that have worked with Barry.

Ricky is more like Dion.  Totally full of himself but not a d!ck 24/7 on top of it.

http://www.daggerpress.com/2008/02/19/the-rocket-man-takes-a-hit-misremembering-roger-clemens-steroid-testimony/

I would say Clemens was a bigger DB than Bonds

With Ortiz probably getting in on the first ballot, any respect I had left for the writers electing members for the hall is gone...

Unless they vote in Bonds and Clemens as well...

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 7:16 PM, edjr said:

didnt Bonds get nabbed for the cream stuff?

I talk baseball all the time with my friends. Can’t remember the last time we talked about the HOF. I live a few hours away from the hall. Been once.  

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I talk baseball all the time with my friends. Can’t remember the last time we talked about the HOF. I live a few hours away from the hall. Been once.  

and yet when anyone says Eli doesnt belong in the Hall, you whine and say everyone hates him

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

and yet when anyone says Eli doesnt belong in the Hall, you whine and say everyone hates him

I make the case.  Sorry I don’t agree with you and join the discussion. You’re trying too hard. And people go after him way too much, for a good guy who is a 2x champion.  I have covered why.  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

didnt Bonds get nabbed for the cream stuff?

Sort of.  

Mostly he's denied it. There was an exhaustive book about it, detailing 30K a month payments, witnesses to him injecting, all sorts of stuff, but no failed tests(Mostly because the labs are always ahead of the testers). 

In his testimony(leaked I believe), he admitted to using the supplements, but had no clue what they were...just stuff given to him.  

• Like 1

Binds got caught with a gigantic head. Literally. 

59 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Binds got caught with a gigantic head. Literally. 

If only the Simpsons had chosen Bonds instead of Griffey

The Golden Girls? Perfect

All class for David Ortiz:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/defense-dan-shaughnessys-david-ortiz-172723744.html

David Ortiz on @Dan_Shaughnessy and not getting his HoF vote:

"You know that Dan Shaughnessy has been an a$$hole to everybody"

"He's got no damn power. You know that. Just the power of the pen to write what he believe on. But everyone knows he's an a$$hole. What can you do?" pic.twitter.com/dlwcZx16JW

— Merloni & Fauria (@MerloniFauria) January 19, 2022

46 minutes ago, posty said:

All class for David Ortiz:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/defense-dan-shaughnessys-david-ortiz-172723744.html

David Ortiz on @Dan_Shaughnessy and not getting his HoF vote:

"You know that Dan Shaughnessy has been an a$$hole to everybody"

"He's got no damn power. You know that. Just the power of the pen to write what he believe on. But everyone knows he's an a$$hole. What can you do?" pic.twitter.com/dlwcZx16JW

— Merloni & Fauria (@MerloniFauria) January 19, 2022

I actually love Shaughnessy, a GREAT sports writer and has never minded speaking the truth. 

• Like 1

If Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens is not in the MLB HOF then then the whole Hall is illegitimate. 

Yes, I know all the back story.... 

2022 Baseball HOF: Rolen, Wagner could be big winners next week 

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2277208

Please, just shut the focking HOF down if this is true

Scott Focking Rolen :lol:   HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is official.   THE MLB HOF is a bigger joke than the Rock and Roll HOF

David Ortiz: 307 votes, 77.9%

Barry Bonds: 260 votes, 66% (final year on ballot)

Roger Clemens: 257 votes, 65.2% (final year on ballot)

Scott Rolen: 249 votes, 63.2%

Curt Schilling: 231 votes, 58.6% (final year on ballot)

Todd Helton: 205 votes, 52.0%

Billy Wagner: 201 votes, 51.0%

Andruw Jones: 163 votes, 41.1%

Gary Sheffield: 160 votes, 40.6%

Alex Rodriguez: 135 votes, 34.3%

Jeff Kent: 129 votes, 32.7%

Manny Ramirez: 114 votes, 28.9%

Omar Vizquel: 94 votes, 23.9%

Sammy Sosa: 73 votes, 18.5% (final year on ballot)

Andy Pettitte: 42 votes, 10.7%

Jimmy Rollins: 37 votes, 9.4%

Bobby Abreu: 34 votes, 8.6%

Mark Buehrle: 23 votes, 5.8%

Torii Hunter: 21 votes, 5.3%

Joe Nathan: 17 votes, 4.3%

Tim Hudson: 12 votes, 3.0%

Tim Lincecum: 9 votes, 2.3%

Ryan Howard: 8 votes, 2.0%

Mark Teixeira: 6 votes, 1.5%

Justin Morneau: 5 votes, 1.3%

Jonathan Papelbon: 5 votes, 1.3%