Sign in to follow this  
Wil Infamous

David Wilson, Le'Veon Bell, Lamar Miller or Shane Vareen?

In a PPR keeper league (keeping M.Lynch, R.Rice & Jimmy Graham) who would choose out of these four RBs for your 3RB/ Flex?

David Wilson

Le'Veon Bell

Lamar Miller

Shane Vareen

Leaning Le'Veon Bell because I keep reading about his pass catching skills but I hate gambling on a rookie. On the other hand, the other 3 really don't have an extensive resume either. I feel like its a roll of the dice with whoever I choose.

Any feedback/ advise appreciated.

Not Vereen. He'll get playing time but it'll vary from week to week and generally Ridley will be getting most of the carries.

I'd lean toward David Wilson personally. Tough to rely on a rookie like Bell and I just don't think Lamar is that good.

Be sure to get Andre Brown as a handcuff though.

In a PPR keeper league (keeping M.Lynch, R.Rice & Jimmy Graham) who would choose out of these four RBs for your 3RB/ Flex?

David Wilson

Le'Veon Bell

Lamar Miller

Shane Vareen

Leaning Le'Veon Bell because I keep reading about his pass catching skills but I hate gambling on a rookie. On the other hand, the other 3 really don't have an extensive resume either. I feel like its a roll of the dice with whoever I choose.

Any feedback/ advise appreciated.

i think wilson has the higher upside imo

Bell and Miller are rank and file ham n' eggers.

Wilson has boatloads of talent/explosiveness, but the kid's a freakin' wackadoo diva. might be selling cantalopes off the back of a truck in 2 years.

VEREEN: arguably the most talented of the group. in a system that will utilize his strengths, and put him in position to make impactful plays. special skillset.

i say go with the kid from N.E. this is wise.

I AM NEW POSTER GUY!!1!

There is Wilson and Lamar Miller -- both are the feature guys from their teams

then Bell

then Vereen who is a COP/3rd down back.

Wilson is going round 3

Miller round 4

Bell Round 5

Vereen rou8nds 7,8,9

There is Wilson and Lamar Miller -- both are the feature guys from their teams

then Bell

then Vereen who is a COP/3rd down back.

Wilson is going round 3

Miller round 4

Bell Round 5

Vereen rou8nds 7,8,9

From FFC:

Miller @ 3.04

Wilson @ 3.08

Bell @ 4.03

Vereen @ 6.07

I like Miller a lot this year as I think MIA takes a step forward. Wilson gets spelled and loses GL touches to Brown. Bell has yet to prove much, has to fight with Dwyer/Redman/Batch?

Vereen is the wild card here. In PPR I think he could be a RB3 with a lot of upside.

From FFC:

Miller @ 3.04

Wilson @ 3.08

Bell @ 4.03

Vereen @ 6.07

I like Miller a lot this year as I think MIA takes a step forward. Wilson gets spelled and loses GL touches to Brown. Bell has yet to prove much, has to fight with Dwyer/Redman/Batch?

Vereen is the wild card here. In PPR I think he could be a RB3 with a lot of upside.

Agree on Vereen. Read something today that they're going to use him as the "Aaron Hernandez" role in 2 TE sets.

Also seems more and more likely that Wilson will be muddled in a committee with Brown, making me like Miller even more of these 4. Was thinking about keeping Wilson over CJ2ypc in a 2 keeper a couple months back. Now it seems like a no brainier to keep CJ, as much as I'd like to dump him back into the draft pool.

Miller looks like THE MAN in Miami. No timeshare. Wilson has more upside, but if he fumbles early, he's done and Brown could also be a goal line vulture. Unless you are stuck with limited options drafting late in a deep league, I think Wilson is too risky to take as an RB1 and if he taken as a 2, I would take Brown later on as insurance.

Amazing feedback!

Might try to go with the path of least resistance.

Wilson could be a beast but I keep reading reports like this....

Giants expected to split carries at RB

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/26807/camp-preview-10-hottest-issues

And being a Boston boy, I'm trying to think with my head and not my heart on Vareen. But if more reports like this come out my mind might be made up...

"Patriots to lean more on Vereen in 2013?

SI's Greg Bedard stated in an interview with 98.5 The Sports Hub that the Patriots internally contemplated increasing Shane Vereen's usage last year, and suggested Vereen may help replace Aaron Hernandez in 2013.

"I think he can be a very effective player," former Patriots beat writer Bedard said of Vereen. "He's the guy who ... when Gronk went out (last year) and they were really looking at some options, I kept hearing from people inside the organization to keep an eye on Vereen. They think he can fill some of the role that Hernandez did. So I don't see why that can't happen this year. How they're gonna do it, I'm not sure." Vereen is a recommended flex/RB2 pick in fantasy drafts."

- Rotoworld

All in all, it looks like Miller might be the "safest" bet but Vareen might turn into a PPR stud.

Hopefully camp and the pre season will clarify things a bit.

Thanks fellas!!

• Like 1

Miller - most likely to get the 200 or so touches required for a RB2 numbers

Wilson - most talented of the bunch

Bell - will get his shot and in a high tempo offence

Vareen - just dont see enough work for him to be more then a RB3/Flex

Honesty I like all four but would only trust Miller or Wilson as a RB2

Agree on Vereen. Read something today that they're going to use him as the "Aaron Hernandez" role in 2 TE sets.

Also seems more and more likely that Wilson will be muddled in a committee with Brown, making me like Miller even more of these 4. Was thinking about keeping Wilson over CJ2ypc in a 2 keeper a couple months back. Now it seems like a no brainier to keep CJ, as much as I'd like to dump him back into the draft pool.

Vereen in the "Aaron Hernandez" role? Being used in two TE sets? Now that's funny...Aaron is about 6'2" 245lbs, Vereen is 5'10" 200lbs. Who makes this stuff up? Better yet, if someone writes it, do you actually believe it?

BTW - I'll be playing the Peyton Manning role when he eventually goes down with a neck injury. :)

nice position to be in.

to me, its wilson, miller, bell, vereen, in that order.

that's how I see it too

Vereen in the "Aaron Hernandez" role? Being used in two TE sets? Now that's funny...Aaron is about 6'2" 245lbs, Vereen is 5'10" 200lbs. Who makes this stuff up? Better yet, if someone writes it, do you actually believe it?

BTW - I'll be playing the Peyton Manning role when he eventually goes down with a neck injury. :)

He wouldn't line up as a TE dummy. Point is he might be used as a reception machine, as Hernandez was when healthy and not murdering people.

Pass him up if you want, but I think you'll regret it in PPR leagues.

He wouldn't line up as a TE dummy. Point is he might be used as a reception machine, as Hernandez was when healthy and not murdering people.

Pass him up if you want, but I think you'll regret it in PPR leagues.

I thought it was odd to say he would be in the Hernandez role as well. Vereen will not bring the options that Hernandez did, and therefore a little easier to cover.

Not gonna see this play out until later in preseason..

Wilson

Miller

Bell

Vereen

I thought it was odd to say he would be in the Hernandez role as well. Vereen will not bring the options that Hernandez did, and therefore a little easier to cover.

Not gonna see this play out until later in preseason..

Wilson

Miller

Bell

Vereen

Vereen scored two receiving touchdowns and a rushing touchdown in a single playoff game. He also had an 83 yard touchdown catch last year. The guy is hardly one dimensional.