Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks 2013 Season Thread***

Time is a cruel mistress. The endless chasm of infinite eternity that separated the furious comeback and blown very late lead vs the Atlanta Falcons in a one-for-the-ages playoff game and the dawn of training camp. Finally, blessed relief.

We've seen the exuberance of one the greatest off seasons in NFL history with acquisition after acquisition of top level talent to supplement an already loaded roster. An embarrassment of riches. We've seen the added bonus of Jim Harbaugh making a jackass out of himself, over and over again. Amanda Bynes thinks Jim is crazy.

The expectations are high, nothing short of a Super Bowl win will suffice. The road to salvation is paved by surviving the hellish NFC West this year, a monumental chore, but the reward that awaits will be all that much sweeter. It's dizzying the shift in opinion how the fans and personnel and even lowly media pundits all around the NFL universe have come to view this year's edition of the Seattle Seahawks. Although, they STILL go to commercial when Seattle is on the clock during the draft. Without further ado, let the infighting and bickering between Seahawk fans, along with the usual flame wars from outsiders, begin. We ride on the edge of a bolt of lighting on a silver saddle, daddy. Who's excited NOW?

Go Hawks!!

Well, this time last year the Hawks were heading into camp with Matt Flynn as the favorite to be the starting QB and a 5'10 3rd round draft pick competing for the job. It's interesting to look back at Wisconsin HC Brett Bielema talk about Wilson post draft and then again after Wilson was named starter. Really interesting comments:

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/pages/softy_page.html?article=10114546

For me. Anything less than the NFC Championship game will be a lost season to me. And even ending there, is only me leaving my expectations in check. We had a couple fun years in the mid 80's. And a heck of a try in the mid 2000's. But to me, this is the finast team we've ever gone into a season with. I think we're gonna be playing in february this year.

Just our luck though. It's an outdoor Super Bowl.

The football gods might actually really hate us just that much.

Just our luck though. It's an outdoor Super Bowl.

The football gods might actually really hate us just that much.

Oh, not me. The football stadium in New Jersey is less than 100 miles away from me. If the Seahawks make it, I might be road tripping and getting a scalped ticket, no matter what it would cost.

That Wilson guys sucks... much to short... Put in Flynn! :wave:

Eh, Flynn never got a chance.

However, when a guy like Wilson goes for 26 passing TDs (rookie record), 2nd highest passing rating for a rookie, and 3rd highest pass completion percentage for a rookie, I guess it's Flynn who? Unbelievably, he only had 10 INTs for the year. 30 TDs scored overall, 4 picks. As a rookie. The mind reels. Jumping Jehosophat, the 2nd half of the season, I think Wilson threw only one pick. He never coughed it up in the red zone on the season.

Wilson was very mediocre the first half of the season. The 2nd half...ungodly, unworldly, and puts him in contention to play a role in Avengers 2. There was that stretch of averaging 50 points a game over 3 straight games...that could be this entire upcoming season. I demanded proof that the kid could play, and Wilson delivered it huge. 30 seconds away from....

But I digress. I wish Flynn future success.

For me. Anything less than the NFC Championship Super Bowl win game will be a lost season to me. And even ending there, is only me leaving my expectations in check. We had a couple fun years in the mid 80's. And a heck of a try in the mid 2000's. But to me, this is the finast team we've ever gone into a season with. I think we're gonna be playing in february this year.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

And that is what is going to make this year fun.

You all are already setting yourself up for disappointment.

Seattle is a very good team and a contender...but any thought of super bowl or bust is always stupid (I expect nothing less from you).

Also setting yourself up for anyone you call stalker or troll to just tear you apart as much crap as you talk.

And that is what is going to make this year fun.

You all are already setting yourself up for disappointment.

Seattle is a very good team and a contender...but any thought of super bowl or bust is always stupid (I expect nothing less from you).

Also setting yourself up for anyone you call stalker or troll to just tear you apart as much crap as you talk.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. From my vantage point, every season there is only one successful team, and every other team had a season that I would consider a failure. Doesn't matter if you lose in the Super Bowl or go 0-16. Failure. You didn't accomplish the goal. Now, the more wins you accumulate, the more good memories you can have coming out of that season. And that's nice and all that jazz. But, it's always going to be Super Bowl or Bust. No other option exists.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. From my vantage point, every season there is only one successful team, and every other team had a season that I would consider a failure. Doesn't matter if you lose in the Super Bowl or go 0-16. Failure. You didn't accomplish the goal. Now, the more wins you accumulate, the more good memories you can have coming out of that season. And that's nice and all that jazz. But, it's always going to be Super Bowl or Bust. No other option exists.

Depends on the circumstances of the season...but the complete overconfidence by some fans is going to be quite fun to mock later if they don't win it all.

Depends on the circumstances of the season...but the complete overconfidence by some fans is going to be quite fun to mock later if they don't win it all.

I don't give a flying fock about you, your opinion, or any football related thought you might have. But I am digging your stalking me in every thread. :wub:

Our franchise is about to field the best squad in their history.

Think about that statement. Does ANYONE really object to it? Does anyone even want to make the case that the 2005 Seahawks were more talented, focused and primed for success than the 2013 Hawks? Then think about this: How often do fans of ANY team know this with such certainty before a season even begins? We are at a completely unprecedented moment in Seahawks history, and we all know it. That's why every ticket for every training camp practice and meaningful game has already been sold.

I can already hear the people out there telling me "not to jinx it." I can already sense the people telling me not to be cocky, and not to give any ammunition to the haters. FOCK. ALL. That. :thumbsup:

First of all, I don't buy into any of that superstitious tripe. My confidence in the Seahawks' Super Bowl chances won't anger some obscure God of Fan Humility, who will then smite the Hawks. Secondly, I'm a FAN. I can scream from the mountaintop that the Seahawks rule, and it's not going to become "bulletin board" material for the Forty-Niners. :thumbsup:

My first hope for the 2013 Seahawks is that they win the Super Bowl. My second hope is that they completely, irrevocably alter the mentality of Seahawks fans forever. I want the negativity to die. I want the hesitancy to embrace hope and possibility to wither into dust. I want "Same Old Seahawks" to become synonymous with blowout wins and championships instead of failure and disappointment.

Don't hedge! Don't equivocate! When someone asks you what you think the Seahawks will do this season, don't hesitate. You look them right in the eye and you tell them...

"The Seahawks are going to win the Super Bowl." :clap:

If you don't believe that, why not? What the FOCK are you waiting for? What do they have to do to make you believe? Don't shy away from these stratospheric expectations! Hop on the Saturn V booster that is the 2013 Seahawks, strap in and ENJOY THE FOCKING RIDE.

Why deny yourself the boundless joy of watching Russell Wilson's first MVP season by wringing your hands about the possibility he might get hurt? Why distract yourself from watching the greatest defense in Seahawks history with concerns about Richard Sherman yapping too much? Stop borrowing worry, as they say. Relax and enjoy the greatest season of football you've seen in your life.

Who is with me? :first:

http://davekriegsstrikebeard.blogspot.com/

This guy gets. Read it Slow Nuts and then stick it where the sun don't shine biotch!

Not sure if overconfidence is the right word. I think most of the fanbase is very optimistic and are hoping for the best. Realistically, you need to have talent AND have some breaks go your way, like winning some close games and staying relatively injury free, to get a chance to win a Super Bowl. I think most folks realize that. Of course, going into this season, on paper, this is the best team in Seahawk history.

Will there be some obnoxious moments from the fan base? You bet your sweet ass there will be. I promise to be more over the top and a more of a piece of human garbage than usual. Take cover, as this guy is going to be more unpleasant, more ruthless, more offensive, more disgusting than ever before. And that's after games that we win.

I don't give a flying fock about you, your opinion, or any football related thought you might have. But I am digging your stalking me in every thread. :wub:

Im digging you think any of this is stalking...just shows what a mental midget you are.

Now go post 10 more rah rah videos and you and phillybear can pump each other.

This guy gets. Read it Slow Nuts and then stick it where the sun don't shine biotch!

What he does is show why Hawk fans are quickly becoming despised on many football boards.

Because they boast and talk trash acting like idiots...and act as if they have already won the SB rather than getting beat by Atlanta.

Think about it...you all made Matt Ryan look clutch in the playoffs.

Im digging you think any of this is stalking...just shows what a mental midget you are.

Now go post 10 more rah rah videos and you and phillybear can pump each other.

:wub: :wub:

What he does is show why Hawk fans are quickly becoming despised on many football boards.

Because they boast and talk trash acting like idiots...and act as if they have already won the SB rather than getting beat by Atlanta.

:wub: :wub:

Matt Ice is clutch...

Harvin on PUP with a possible torn labrum...does not sound like good news about that hip at all.

Sucks for sure.

Harvin on PUP with a possible torn labrum...does not sound like good news about that hip at all.

Sucks for sure.

A wild internet rumor to drum up interest for the start of training camp season around the league is the most likely scenario.

A wild internet rumor to drum up interest for the start of training camp season around the league is the most likely scenario.

Nope. Pete Carroll basically conceded surgery is going to happen. No Harvin in 2013 if it is a tear. But, he didn't play a down for the Hawks last year and they were 30 seconds from the NFC Championship.

Nope. Pete Carroll basically conceded surgery is going to happen. No Harvin in 2013 if it is a tear. But, he didn't play a down for the Hawks last year and they were 30 seconds from the NFC Championship.

Huh, a good football post from you. Who would have thought it possible? :music_guitarred:

Definitely hurts, but not a global killer. Receivers are still solid and they have a great running game. Too bad for Harvin. Kid just can't stay on the field.......................

Huh, a good football post from you. Who would have thought it possible? :music_guitarred:

Definitely hurts, but not a global killer. Receivers are still solid and they have a great running game. Too bad for Harvin. Kid just can't stay on the field.......................

I've forgotten more football than you'll ever know. ;)

Well, Harvin not ruled out yet so we'll wait to see if surgery is needed and how serious it is. But with Rice, Tate, Baldwin and the rookie Chris Harper, an extended absence from Harvin is not a death blow by any means.

I find other fans' reactions to Hawks fans this year especially fascinating.

General themes so far:

- you guys have never won anything

- if you do win, it's because of the PEDs

- Hawks fans are ignorant, classless, blah blah blah

Never mind that a handful of teams have never won it all, and more than a handful haven't won it all in recent memory (this includes the Niners, by the way...18 years and counting). And never mind that the Redskins have more PEDs violations than we do (I think). If it's not more, it's close. And never mind that the last argument is stupid...yeah, I was at a game once, and this guy in a Hawks shirt was all in my face and spilled beer all over me....etc.....I get the sense that we have somehow become the 2nd most hated franchise in the league right after the Patriots, but I'm not sure how that happened.

My take: it's because this team is now seen as a threat, when for most of our history, we were just ignored. I guess this is a good thing, but dealing with the trolls is getting annoying.

I feel kind of like a kid who just got a broken PS3 for Christmas. :(

But all is not lost. Tate made a big (for him) jump last year. He's been described as a poor man's Harvin. Glass half full.

I find other fans' reactions to Hawks fans this year especially fascinating.

General themes so far:

- you guys have never won anything

- if you do win, it's because of the PEDs

- Hawks fans are ignorant, classless, blah blah blah

Never mind that a handful of teams have never won it all, and more than a handful haven't won it all in recent memory (this includes the Niners, by the way...18 years and counting). And never mind that the Redskins have more PEDs violations than we do (I think). If it's not more, it's close. And never mind that the last argument is stupid...yeah, I was at a game once, and this guy in a Hawks shirt was all in my face and spilled beer all over me....etc.....I get the sense that we have somehow become the 2nd most hated franchise in the league right after the Patriots, but I'm not sure how that happened.

My take: it's because this team is now seen as a threat, when for most of our history, we were just ignored. I guess this is a good thing, but dealing with the trolls is getting annoying.

No...its because you have a few fans who are just arrogant pisswads that act like they did win something.

Its not that you have not won anything...its as I just said above.

Its not just the PED thing...its that if anyone brings it up they are basically cussed out by the of your fanbase as if nothing is wrong.

Its that your most vocal fan on this board starts topics whining about Harbaugh and does little more than insult those who don't agree with his views (then calls them stalkers).

The team is very good...but it has nothing to do with how your fans are viewed.

Many of your fans were viewed that way when the team was not that great.

Remember "Its an exciting time to be a Seahawks fan"?

Seattle should have a good team.

Sho nuff is right it is just a couple of posters - there is squawking even when I post a compliment

No...its because you have a few fans who are just arrogant pisswads that act like they did win something.

Its not that you have not won anything...its as I just said above.

Its not just the PED thing...its that if anyone brings it up they are basically cussed out by the ###### of your fanbase as if nothing is wrong.

Its that your most vocal fan on this board starts topics whining about Harbaugh and does little more than insult those who don't agree with his views (then calls them stalkers).

The team is very good...but it has nothing to do with how your fans are viewed.

Many of your fans were viewed that way when the team was not that great.

You seem to have forgotten bits of the past. As a fan base on this site, the Seattle contingent had been small but vocal going back 10+ years. We mostly kept to ourselves in our own threads. As time passed, more Seattle fans came onboard and our team threads grew in size and activity. Still, we mostly kept to ourselves. During the Seattle Super Bowl run of 2005-06, the fans were left with nowhere to go since Latin Pimp knocked out this site from early December 2005 to mid March 2006, so you couldn't even accuse Seattle fans of being insufferable even then. It was the fans of other teams that decided to descend into our thread and start sh!t. Over and over and over again. Maybe it was because our threads had so many more posts than other threads, so people were checking them out for an explanation. And the usual idiots like Sweetness_34 would post his nonsense in our threads more than in any Chicago threads. So, we would fight back. That has spilled over into other threads in today's world. Believe me, we didn't start the war; we were firing back. To this day, fans of other teams will spend much more time in our threads than anywhere else on the Mange Bored. Visitors are welcome, and most of us are willing to have rational conversations. But when an attack is made, it causes a reaction. It's just the way it is. Like wearing a visiting team's colors into a rival's stadium. Hey, you don't know what will happen, but don't expect rainbows and lollipops.

Seattle should have a good team.

Sho nuff is right it is just a couple of posters - there is squawking even when I post a compliment

Link to you posting a compliment...

And THAT is what it is all about. God forbid a fan show excitement for their team and their team's upcoming season regardless of how good or bad that team is. You whiny little biotches went nuts when I started that thread. I mean, do you think I would go batshite crazy like you turds if a Jaguars fan started a team thread and used the word exciting? Fock no! I mean I never saw the rule that says you can't be excited for your team unless your team won the previous year's SB. And to you specifically Slo Nuts, this is a Seahawk thread. You're a Packer fan. What is wrong with that picture? This thread doesn't automatically open when I come to check the message bored, I have to actually click it and open it. If you are so outraged at Seahawk fans being excited for their team, then here's a tip: DON'T FOCKING CLICK THE THREAD!!!! But you will and you will whine like the little bald biotch you are.

, and most of us are willing to have rational conversations. But when an attack is made, it causes a reaction. It's just the way it is. Like wearing a visiting team's colors into a rival's stadium. Hey, you don't know what will happen, but don't expect rainbows and lollipops.

THIS!

Slo Nuts, Jgclownfish, Sweetness all came in dropping turds and expected, as you say, rainbows and lollipos. When Seahawk fans didn't just bend over and take it, we got labeled as arrogant, ignorant, blah blah blah. So if you want to talk football let's do it. If you want to drop bombs, go for it. I relish the war!

You seem to have forgotten bits of the past. As a fan base on this site, the Seattle contingent had been small but vocal going back 10+ years. We mostly kept to ourselves in our own threads. As time passed, more Seattle fans came onboard and our team threads grew in size and activity. Still, we mostly kept to ourselves. During the Seattle Super Bowl run of 2005-06, the fans were left with nowhere to go since Latin Pimp knocked out this site from early December 2005 to mid March 2006, so you couldn't even accuse Seattle fans of being insufferable even then. It was the fans of other teams that decided to descend into our thread and start sh!t. Over and over and over again. Maybe it was because our threads had so many more posts than other threads, so people were checking them out for an explanation. And the usual idiots like Sweetness_34 would post his nonsense in our threads more than in any Chicago threads. So, we would fight back. That has spilled over into other threads in today's world. Believe me, we didn't start the war; we were firing back. To this day, fans of other teams will spend much more time in our threads than anywhere else on the Mange Bored. Visitors are welcome, and most of us are willing to have rational conversations. But when an attack is made, it causes a reaction. It's just the way it is. Like wearing a visiting team's colors into a rival's stadium. Hey, you don't know what will happen, but don't expect rainbows and lollipops.

Ya, seems to me it all really started with a draft thread when Mike lumped us in the same thread with 4/5 other teams

I would agree that when an attack is made...fire and fight back.

The problem you have...is you have at least one very vocal doosh who attacks no matter what is said.

And THAT is what it is all about. God forbid a fan show excitement for their team and their team's upcoming season regardless of how good or bad that team is. You whiny little biotches went nuts when I started that thread. I mean, do you think I would go batshite crazy like you turds if a Jaguars fan started a team thread and used the word exciting? Fock no! I mean I never saw the rule that says you can't be excited for your team unless your team won the previous year's SB. And to you specifically Slo Nuts, this is a Seahawk thread. You're a Packer fan. What is wrong with that picture? This thread doesn't automatically open when I come to check the message bored, I have to actually click it and open it. If you are so outraged at Seahawk fans being excited for their team, then here's a tip: DON'T FOCKING CLICK THE THREAD!!!! But you will and you will whine like the little bald biotch you are.

Case in point...it was not about you being excited...it was about the reaction you get from certain people...namely YOU.

You are a complete and total doosh...you make the rest of the fanbase look awful because you are a beligerent tool.

You appear to be...again...the only whiny . You get your panties in a twist if people are not rah rah rah for your seahawks.

You go batshite crazy all the time...here and the geek club chief.

And that is the other problem...you have this feeling that if people are fans of others teams they shouldn't go into other team's topics to discuss anything.

Grow the fock up.

THIS!

Slo Nuts, Jgclownfish, Sweetness all came in dropping turds and expected, as you say, rainbows and lollipos. When Seahawk fans didn't just bend over and take it, we got labeled as arrogant, ignorant, blah blah blah. So if you want to talk football let's do it. If you want to drop bombs, go for it. I relish the war!

The problem is...you bring the war on yourself numbnuts.

No matter what people come into your team's threads and say...you go off on them. You have for years.